Saturday Night 1/15 Weather Thread

Rubes

Saturday...looks like 25-35% chance of snow during the day, maybe 2-3 inches total. Cold, highs in the low 20s.

Sunday...mostly cloudy, maintains a 25% chance of snow but probably no accumulation. Cold, high 25.

Monday...cloudy, still a constant 25% chance of snow but again, probably no accumulation. High 30.

Wind does not seem to be an issue throughout the weekend, at least for now. Consistently 5-10mph.

EDIT: bolded the Saturday weather report since that's when we'll be playing.

Edited by Rubes
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

League needs to be fair on the Monday and Saturday games. A team could get totally screwed or benefited. 

bills game should be a 1pm. I have no idea what policy they use!

I would hope they at least set it up so the team that advances from the MNF game plays the following Sunday in the Divisional Round.  

And plays the winner of a Sunday Wild Card game (else the other team would have an extra 2 days of rest).

To be fair I'd think they should make the 4-5 game in one of the conferences the Monday night game.  Assume everything goes chalk the 4-5 winner then plays the 1 seed the following week and they have the shortest prep time

OK that's what they did do NFC 4-5 is Monday

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Saturday...looks like 25-35% chance of snow during the day, maybe 2-3 inches total. Cold, highs in the low 20s.

Sunday...mostly cloudy, maintains a 25% chance of snow but probably no accumulation. Cold, high 25.

Monday...cloudy, still a constant 25% chance of snow but again, probably no accumulation. High 30.

Wind does not seem to be an issue throughout the weekend, at least for now. Consistently 5-10mph.

Looks like it's Saturday night...so temps in the teens, probably, but wind and snow will probably not be an issue. Could be a little slippery.

First call

American Model GFS

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_24.thumb.png.2bced005b75c36f50e00de779a544b88.png

European model keeps it south of us

First call from Buffalo National weather service

Saturday

Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night

Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

This forecast will change a few times before now and then. I feel pretty confident that it will be quite chilly.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

First call

American Model GFS

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_24.thumb.png.2bced005b75c36f50e00de779a544b88.png

European model keeps it south of us

First call from Buffalo National weather service

Saturday

Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night

Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

This forecast will change a few times before now and then. I feel pretty confident that it will be quite chilly.

Chilly in January in Buffalo... AMAZING

Looks like temps will be in the 20s at game time and there is a decent chance of up to 3 inches of snow accumulating throughout the day.

The weather will probably be pretty lousy for the game, but pray it isn't windy.

The worse the weather the more Josh's advantage over Jones is eroded.

11 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

As long as it isn’t 60MPH winds, I like the Bills chances. It took a once in ten years wind storm to let the patriots barely win. 

I do too…..but we haven’t had 60moh winds the last 2 games…..and our passing game has been meh

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

wasnt 60 mph but wind def. played a factor in the passing game yesterday 

On sure it did.  As did the cold.  Same vs atl. It’s a roll of the dice. We don’t know what we’re going to get from out qb in bad weather.  He was great in foxboro, amid tamer winters conditions, but these last 2 games, played in the same stadium we’ll be playing in next week, our pass game was painful to watch.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

On sure it did.  As did the cold.  Same vs atl. It’s a roll of the dice. We don’t know what we’re going to get from out qb in bad weather.  He was great in foxboro, amid tamer winters conditions, but these last 2 games, played in the same stadium we’ll be playing in next week, our pass game was painful to watch.   

passing offense was very good with the wind yesterday - 1 and 4 quarters. 

Also, lots of stats out there about how all QBs play drops in bad weather, but Josh's doesn't drop as much as theirs. That's a benefit. 

I'm not worried about the weather effecting Josh and the offense personally. Just win baby. 

If its in the F-ing TEENS at game time, the weather will most certainly have an impact on the game.

Jim Kelly was talking about this the other day.  He knows a thing or two about trying to QB an NFL football team in Orchard Park, NY in bad weather.

Ball gets too hard; it won't compress; hard to squeeze; hard to throw; hard to hold; hard to catch.

We've probably all goofed around with a football in cold weather; the thing is like a brick.

The kicking game will be greatly impacted too. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don't recall seeing Allen miss many open receivers yesterday though. He definitely missed Davis on the long ball.

Allen can play better for sure. But I think most of our problems on O are due to a bad offensive coordinator/play caller, and an overrated WR group that struggles to get open or make plays. 

Regardless of how far we go this year, the offense needs some serious work in the off-season.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

passing offense was very good with the wind yesterday - 1 and 4 quarters. 

Also, lots of stats out there about how all QBs play drops in bad weather, but Josh's doesn't drop as much as theirs. That's a benefit. 

I'm not worried about the weather effecting Josh and the offense personally. Just win baby. 

I’m not worried as long as our D plays to the best of their ability 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If its in the F-ing TEENS at game time, the weather will most certainly have an impact on the game.

Jim Kelly was talking about this the other day.  He knows a thing or two about trying to QB an NFL football team in Orchard Park, NY in bad weather.

Ball gets too hard; it won't compress; hard to squeeze; hard to throw; hard to hold; hard to catch.

We've probably all goofed around with a football in cold weather; the thing is like a brick.

The kicking game will be greatly impacted too. 

I assume they will be rotating balls like they do when it is raining. Maybe they will keep balls warm when not in use, and switch them in after each possession.  (That's alot of talk about balls in two sentences).  

Edited by buffalonian

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.