A reason to root for the Chargers

oldmanfan

2 minutes ago, transient said:

Hopefully they put the 4-5 seed matchup on MNF. It's clearly a disadvantage for the winning team that ends up playing in it, so they should foist that turd on the lowest ranked division winner.

Rams Cardinals makes a lot of sense

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Why wouldn't they put Bills La on MNF? Great matchup between two young stud QBs. 

A lot more appealing to a national audience than noodle arm Jones. 

A lot more appealing to anyone not in love with Bill Belichick and the Patriots.....

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I can’t believe people still don’t know we’d play the Cheatriots if the Raiders wun.  And I can’t believe how many people do not understand the phrase rubber game of the match.

You think the NFL is going to schedule a 3-6, instead of 4-5?  Not going to be Buffalo on MNF, regardless of who wins tonight.

To me, rubber match is a baseball term.  At least how I learned it growing up, maybe not many baseball fans on this board? 🤷  It is a football message board after all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

You think the NFL is going to schedule a 3-6, instead of 4-5?  Not going to be Buffalo on MNF, regardless of who wins tonight.

To me, rubber match is a baseball term.  At least how I learned it growing up, maybe not many baseball fans on this board? 🤷  It is a football message board after all.

Also I'm pretty sure that's how it's phrased.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If the Raiders win, I think there’s a really good chance we play the Monday night game.  They’d pitch it as the rubber game of the match.  So give me the Chargers so we have the extra day or two to prepare for the Chiefs.

NFL will not give the Patriots the possibly of a short week.

33 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If the Raiders win, I think there’s a really good chance we play the Monday night game.  They’d pitch it as the rubber game of the match.  So give me the Chargers so we have the extra day or two to prepare for the Chiefs.

Chargers look it a serious problem for our defence,  I prefer playing MAC JONES again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

I remember the [BAD] old days when right about now we would be scouring the draft order to see where we would be picking.

It started in late October, and it was FAR too often top 7-10.

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Lol already a thread going on that one. 

The first of several, I’m guessing.  🤷‍♂️

I don't think the Chargers are that scary. They have the 4th ranked offense, we have the 5th ranked offense. We have the #1 ranked defense, they have the 23rd ranked defense. I think the Bills can win a track meet if that's what it turns into. Herbert's good, Allen's better. 

Plus, if we play the Chargers, I guarantee you every single talking head will pick the Chargers to win, that will surely fire up the Bills..

Edited by Amaru523

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.