Jags sign TE Kahale Warring off Bills PS

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We have no TEs

Apparently the Bills are the Jaguars TE farm team: earlier, they signed Jake Hollister.

What's notable is that with all the guys on the Covid list, I believe we have roster spots - and we chose to let Warring go rather than sign him.

That might indicate that the Bills believe our count of actual TE is "same" whether he's here or elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Isn’t that where we got Warring from.

They signed Hollister and cut Warring - we signed him to our PS.  I think they were waiting until later to have space and grab him back.

Negative.  Warring was a Texan.  He was the Texans 2019 3rd round draft pick. 

Texans waived him Aug 23, touching off an 11 day, 4 team tour of the league that included the Pats  (3 days ) and the Colts  (3 days) before the Bills signed him to their PS after roster cutdowns.

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apparently the Bills are the Jaguars TE farm team: earlier, they signed Jake Hollister.

What's notable is that with all the guys on the Covid list, I believe we have roster spots - and we chose to let Warring go rather than sign him.

That might indicate that the Bills believe our count of actual TE is "same" whether he's here or elsewhere.

He received one call up this year and apparently has not impressed.  Great athlete but apparently just can’t play the position.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did something happen to Sweeney as well?

What I want to hear about is the Bills working out IOL or sniping them off other teams PS

Even if we get Feliciano back that still leaves us down a IOL.

It is hard unless you have an open spot on the roster.  They filled Ike with Hart.  So you really can’t steal anyone from a PS.

My guess is we will have a bunch in, but these are all below PS quality.

Would love to have seen them poach someone and leave Hart on the PS, but experience counts sometimes.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He was probably thinking "I might get a ring this year." Then....

He wasn't required to sign with the Jags.  He chose to take that opportunity.  And I don't blame him, actually -- what player wouldn't want to get onto an active roster, with the huge pay increase, and the opportunity to compete somewhere else for a starting job?  NFL careers are short, and no one wants to languish in PS obscurity until they age out of being good players.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Negative.  Warring was a Texan.  He was the Texans 2019 3rd round draft pick. 

Texans waived him Aug 23, touching off an 11 day, 4 team tour of the league that included the Pats  (3 days ) and the Colts  (3 days) before the Bills signed him to their PS after roster cutdowns.

It's a little known fact that he was required to buy home, away, and alternate jerseys for all teams involved.  He signed with Jacksonville to stave off bankruptcy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He didn't have to sign with the Jaguars; he chose to. Questionable move for sure.

Huge weekly pay increase and the chance to see the field. Put some stuff on tape for next season. Audition for teams and have a shot at a 53 next year. Not questionable at all. 

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did something happen to Sweeney as well?

What I want to hear about is the Bills working out IOL or sniping them off other teams PS

Even if we get Feliciano back that still leaves us down a IOL.

He dropped a big pass and was given the McKenzie treatment but think he still has a roster spot

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah!  Well, if we're going to inactivate every receiver on the roster who drops a pass, I'm not sure who we'd have left.  But he wasn't playing well overall and that's a fact.

I was happy to see him inactive before the game because I was afraid the Bills would try to go run heavy against the Pats.  It also may have been a numbers game with wanting to make as may WR's active as possible with Sanders and possibly Diggs nursing an injury (with Beasley and Davis on the Covid list).  It pry came down to Sweeney vs. Hodgkins for that final inactive.

Edited by Doc Brown

Bastages ;)

If he was any good he would be on the 53...all the best to you in Jax kid.

Maybe you can become Trevors safety net :) 

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

There's always Kelvin Benjamin.

Or Tim Tebow ;)

1 hour ago, Yard Monkey said:

…or Tebow

Beat me to it :)

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d rather add someone better but I’m somewhat expecting him to be back as our TE2 again next season

I expect he will be battling it out for TE 2/3 with a second day draft pick

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Not a TE.  We was a WR.  

The Giants brought him in to camp as a TE this year he blamed Coach Judge because he sucked

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.