Week 16: Bills at Pats - NEWS

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

Seems pretty even to me.  The lost WR2 and WR3. RB2 is out and RB 1 is hobbled.  A running team can't run without RBs, and they can't revert to passing with a rookie QB and half their WR's out.  They're F'd.  

If I were them I'd put Stidham in and run the Cam Newton offense.  lol

Bourne isn’t out. Sounds like there’s a good chance he plays. They have running backs. Losing Stevenson sucks, but Harris will be back and Bolden is a solid 3rd and Harris has made plays in the system as well.  They’ll be fine. 

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Williams being back inside is a plus. 

Yes, likely that Hart seems time (my guess is LT. Brown cannot go back there.)

Sometimes knowing your weakest point can actually be a point of strength. If we keep the right side Williams/Brown then we move the pocket right. Plan around your weakest spot. Up to Daboll to put in the best plan he can with the guys he has available. Good chance for him to show perspective new employers that in this world of COVID the can create on the fly when missing people.

Ah.....Bobby Hart is on the Covid list

(This version is missing Davis, Ford and anyone else who went on today)

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/covid-19-list-tracker-for-players-nfl-policies/

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah.....Bobby Hart is on the Covid list

(This version is missing Davis, Ford and anyone else who went on today)

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/covid-19-list-tracker-for-players-nfl-policies/

Bobby Hart came off of the Covid list today.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-add-gabriel-davis-and-cody-ford-to-the-reserve-covid-19-list

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Bourne isn’t out. Sounds like there’s a good chance he plays. They have running backs. Losing Stevenson sucks, but Harris will be back and Bolden is a solid 3rd and Harris has made plays in the system as well.  They’ll be fine. 

My whole thing about who’s impacted more is the fact that a passing reliant team is gonna be impacted more when they lose their wr’s. I just don’t think it’s a big deal for the pats to lose a couple wr’s…. And like you said. It looks like they’re gonna have Bourne anyhow. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Bourne's still on the Covid list. He could get off in time to play. So could Dawkins and Feleciano.

36 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It looks like they’re gonna have Bourne anyhow. 

Why? Cause Belichick said he's eligible to play if he passes two tests? Has he passed one?

Edited by Motorin'

32 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Bourne's still on the Covid list. He could get off in time to play. So could Dawkins and Feleciano.

Why? Cause Belichick said he's eligible to play if he passes two tests? Has he passed one?

I read a tweet from a reporter earlier tonight implying they expected him to clear before Sunday 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Oh, Did He Now

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We have had offensive line issues for about 10 straight weeks. I don’t understand why we haven’t brought in at least 2 free agent lineman that can actually play in the NFL. Why do we keep cutting it so thin and scrambling. Chill out on all the STs guys and start to protect your QB investment 

Who are these two free agent linemen that can actually play in the NFL (and that are known to be healthy)?

Keep in mind when the Titans needed emergency help at OT, they signed Bobby Hart.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Did He Now

Who are these two free agent linemen that can actually play in the NFL (and that are known to be healthy)?

Keep in mind when the Titans needed emergency help at OT, they signed Bobby Hart.

That he did....and he's been elevated to the Varsity Squad😂

• Haha (+1) 1

I just hope we don’t get screwed again by the refs this game… I can almost see it now coming down to a crucial play and the refs throwing or not throwing a flag that sticks another dagger in our hearts… Other than that I really don’t see us losing this game to the stupid patriots and there rag arm rookie quarterback 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

I just hope we don’t get screwed again by the refs this game… I can almost see it now coming down to a crucial play and the refs throwing or not throwing a flag that sticks another dagger in our hearts… Other than that I really don’t see us losing this game to the stupid patriots and there rag arm rookie quarterback 

I can deal with a "Covid" loss (for lack of a better term) more so than another controversial call loss.

Availability is a big part of football, so that is what it is. Refs shouldn't be that much of the equation though.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I read a tweet from a reporter earlier tonight implying they expected him to clear before Sunday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Expected? Or that there's still a chance? As in he could test negative tomorrow?

Edited by Motorin'

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We have had offensive line issues for about 10 straight weeks. I don’t understand why we haven’t brought in at least 2 free agent lineman that can actually play in the NFL. Why do we keep cutting it so thin and scrambling. Chill out on all the STs guys and start to protect your QB investment 

You think there’s offensive lineman who can play that are sitting out there in FA and 31 teams haven’t made a play at them?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You think there’s offensive lineman who can play that are sitting out there in FA and 31 teams haven’t made a play at them?

I think there are a few yes. Schwartz, Decastro, Okung. I think there are probably guys that maybe either don’t want to play or can’t play so I’m not going to just say I know for sure who would be the best choice but I can say absolutely there seem to be better options then what we have actually done. From a depth standpoint alone it’s reckless. I keep hearing they don’t want to use Bates because he is the backup center. Well sign another guy that can play center then. You can’t keep risking the health of your season and franchise qb to reserve a spot for emergency centers. We need the best guys on the field. With Covid you could lose 4 guys in a week. Get 2 or 3 other veteran linemen in the hopper here to have options. It’s been a 3 month issue now. We are pissing away a season in a league where you never know when you will be back.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

39 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think there are a few yes. Schwartz, Decastro, Okung. I think there are probably guys that maybe either don’t want to play or can’t play so I’m not going to just say I know for sure who would be the best choice but I can say absolutely there seem to be better options then what we have actually done. From a depth standpoint alone it’s reckless. I keep hearing they don’t want to use Bates because he is the backup center. Well sign another guy that can play center then. You can’t keep risking the health of your season and franchise qb to reserve a spot for emergency centers. We need the best guys on the field. With Covid you could lose 4 guys in a week. Get 2 or 3 other veteran linemen in the hopper here to have options. It’s been a 3 month issue now. We are pissing away a season in a league where you never know when you will be back.

Why haven’t the 31 other teams made a play on them?  Are we the only team in the NFL with a bad offensive line?

If these guys, a few weeks from the playoffs and teams getting killed with Covid and still on the market….it’s a pretty good sign they’re done.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why haven’t the 31 other teams made a play on them?  Are we the only team in the NFL with a bad offensive line?

If these guys, a few weeks from the playoffs and teams getting killed with Covid and still on the market….it’s a pretty good sign they’re done.

That list is like the "who's who" of holding penalties and whiffed blocks

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So we’re playing 4/5 of what has been our offensive line for most the year? 

Obviously the Dawkins downgrade to Hart sucks. It would be great to have him and Feliciano… but it’s not as bad as we’re making it out to be. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not great. The line has been a let down all year… but relatively speaking. 

Edited by JGMcD2

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Obviously the Dawkins downgrade to Hart sucks. It would be great to have him and Feliciano… but it’s not as bad as we’re making it out to be. 

We haven’t had Feliciano in 7 weeks so Dawkins is the only one really missing, which really was an issue last week but remember brown had not even practiced at LT because Dawkins went on the list the day before the game. This week, if he’s going to play there again, he’s practiced there all week. Ford has been playing in a backup role all year and was inactive a couple weeks ago. I actually prefer to see bates get a shot at G. So I could see either last week’s OL or the one parrino laid out with Hart. Dawkins still has a chance to be activated before the game, too.

i recall Bobby hart started for the titans earlier this season and they managed to go on the road and beat the rams. So while he’s not good, just find a way as other contenders have. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I think the problem is the offensive line is pretty bad when completely healthy and having a guy like Hart fill in for the most important position on the line makes it a potential awful unit…. I think they can get by if Josh does what Josh usually does…. Unfortunately they ask him to do that way too much. 

Yeah you’re definitely right. Not disputing that… the names look awful on paper… Bobby Hart is not very good… but when you realize that 4/5 of the line has been starting most of the year it feels like they should be able to play close to the level they have this year - which is just mediocre enough to have Josh bail them out all game.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i recall Bobby hart started for the titans earlier this season and they managed to go on the road and beat the rams. So while he’s not good, just find a way as other contenders have. 

Yes, this is where I’m at with it. The Titans did it, the Ravens have done it with backups. 

We need the win, guys need to go out an execute at the highest level they’re capable of. 

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Schwartz is coming off a serious back surgery. Has he healed? Does he want to return to put his body through that?

Decastro had an ankle surgery and has said himself his body has just given out. He's retired for all intents and purposes unless his body magically heals.

Okung sounds by all reports to be sitting by and waiting for a team to pay him enough to entice him to play. He made about $13M last season. 

We have no idea, of course, how accurate any of these reports are. You know who probably has access to the facts a bit more? Brandon Beane. 

So these 3 guys just sitting with bated breath for a phone calls from Orchard Park and willing to play for peanuts...has Beane looked into them? Has he been in contact with their agents? Do they get a say so in if they want to play at all...let alone play in Buffalo for a fraction of their normal cost? Or did you just Google "free agent OL" and pick 3 names you recognized?

11 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I can deal with a "Covid" loss (for lack of a better term) more so than another controversial call loss.

Availability is a big part of football, so that is what it is. Refs shouldn't be that much of the equation though.

Wishful thinking.  Just wait

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not great. The line has been a let down all year… but relatively speaking. 

I'm still guessing they get Dawkins or mongo back.  Been too quiet about those 2

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Somewhat surprised Dawkins is struggling with it as much as he is…. And whatever. Bills have better QB. Go beat a good team for once this year. 

What i'm confused about is Dawkins already had it, so shouldn't he have natural antibodies for it built up? So I get you can get it multiple times but shouldn't the vaccine plus his antibodies be able to fight this off in quicker time. I gotta admit I dont try to follow Covid news and just try to live my life. 

Agholor and Bourne both being out is huge. It's still no way an even playing field with the Bills likely missing Dawkins, Feliciano and Ford on top of Beasley and Davis. But it at least prevents it from being a very heavy personnel advantage for the Patriots. But maybe I should hold my breath because Bourne could theoretically test off the covid list i think. But probably unlikely.

31 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

LOL. Ah, friggin great. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.