Three things (good and/or bad) you take from this game

Italian Bills

1-Edmunds has no clue how to diagnose what's happening during a play.

2- I lost count of how many times we had Newton in the backfield, only to let him slip out of the tackle.

3- Ford was pretty decent in run blocking

• Agree 1

1. Feeding Motor does good things for this offense.

2. Motor is MUCH better when Josh is under center and he can hit a hole rather than wait.

3. Gabe Davis should see the field more than Beasley and Sanders.

BONUS: Be it stubbornly over using the shotgun  or not playing to your best talent's strength or playing vets over your playmakers..Brian Daboll has held this offense hostage for 13 games.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

1. Gabe Davis needs more snaps (4 tds in 3 starts)

2.  Josh and the offense are better from under center

3. Defense continues to give up yardage to one dimensional offenses

Your number 2 i totally agree, you can set more play action plays that can easy our offense. 

1.  W

2. W

3. W

Hoping Feliciano and Dawkins are back next Sunday.   That's about it.   I don't overthink things this late in the season.   Go compete.   And that's what they absolutely do every game.   

Not sitting here playing Chris Collinsworth or GM or whatever you guys do.  Enough of that stuff on pods and TV anyway.  

Enjoying what The Process has brought us (so far).   These guys are dogs out there.   

Loved the Brown taunt.   F ing shove it in their face.   That guy is nasty.   

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

1. Gabe should start over sanders even when he returns

2. Bills o line is still a massive concern. They need Dawkins and Jon back

3. Obada needs more snaps. That game was going downwards and he turned it around by making two massive sacks 

Boogie as well IMO. When he's active he usually makes a big play or 2...thwn geta mothballed for 3 weeks🤷🏻‍♂️

• Agree 1

Good

1) Allen's foot looks like it's not a long term issue

2) Gabe Davis

3) Obada showing life

Bad

1) Tackling- just terrible

2) is it me or do our corners never turn around in time? I started noticing this a few games ago and it's costing us interception ops and opening up lame pi calls

3) oline - but not gonna harp too much here. They were battered up with covid.

3 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

I’m really wondering what could Allen and our offense do with a great OL: i’m sure we would be a 14-3 or 13-4 team at worst, 

I think next year we just might find out.  Beane must pour most resources into fixing oline

31 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

We won and this is obviously the most important thing, but what you liked and what you don’t by the Bills game ? To me:

- DL played a good game

- we didn’t cover well the throws in the middle

- Josh’s int and sack could be avoidable

Your three points ?

Depends on which throws you mean. Yes, Carolina scored when Milano couldn't keep up with the RB, but a great deal of the yards were on 2nd and 3rd and long, and the Bills purposely give the offense that part of the field.  

On the interception - I think Josh was overaggressive, but mostly Chin made a very nice place. Would love him on the Bills. 

What I liked:

- With three OL out of position, and a rookie making his first start at LT, it could have been a LOT worse. I thought Daboll made adjustments that favored what those five could do. 

- I liked seeing misdirection and rolling Allen out of the pocket. 

- The defense did the job. 

Just now, mannc said:

Not happy with Hyde and Poyer?

I am but they are both getting up there now and Jeremy Chinn is outstanding, you can use him in lots of ways - he could do some big nickel stuff. The Bills did look at him in the run up to that 2021 draft, we know they liked Dugger a lot, obviously they must have been a little lower on Chinn, but he is already a top 10 safety IMO and he is still getting better. 

We need a punter.

Should be an internal team fine for taunting penalties. Terrible discipline.  No excuse for that crap, particularly when coming on top of a batch of other penalties.  Get a handle on this right now.

Singletary should be getting 20 touches per week.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Too earlier to tell for a 3rd round rookie pick.

Too earlier to tell for a third round rookie pick.

Too earlier to tell for a third (3rd) round rookie pick.

They often talk about 1st year players hitting the rookie wall after 10 or 11 games. 

In the case of Brown and Groot, not only are they rookies hitting the potential wall, they also both didn't play last season so I'd think that would be like the effect of hitting the rookie wall exponentially!  Their bodies may have no game conditioning left at this point.

1. More Proof of Frankish Rule #1: when guys are playing at a sub-replacement level, there's nothing to lose (and usually there's something to gain) by trying something/someone new. See Bills Offensive Line, 2021.

2. Corollary to Rule #1: this doesn't apply with respect to moving your rookie RT to LT.

3. Dawson Knox is moving into that category of TEs right below Kelce and Kittle.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am but they are both getting up there now and Jeremy Chinn is outstanding, you can use him in lots of ways - he could do some big nickel stuff. The Bills did look at him in the run up to that 2021 draft, we know they liked Dugger a lot, obviously they must have been a little lower on Chinn, but he is already a top 10 safety IMO and he is still getting better. 

Of course we’d take Chinn on our team, but safety is about the last need we’ve got, after QB…I haven’t seen any drop off from Poyer or Hyde, and safeties seem to be easy to find and plug into this defense…

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Of course we’d take Chinn on our team, but safety is about the last need we’ve got, after QB…I haven’t seen any drop off from Poyer or Hyde, and safeties seem to be easy to find and plug into this defense…

It would have been a luxury pick based on positional need, agreed, but from some of the since departed usually accurate sources on this board if Dugger was there he was the pick, so the Bills were open to a safety in that second round in 2020. 

Just now, VirginiaMike said:

1. Josh under center seemed to help the run game

2. The O-Line looks bad, but I think that the coaching or lack there of for that group is the real culprit.

3. Cam Newton is a terrible QB I I know it's not a Bills point, but it was so, so obvious today)

Nah the culprit is the bad players. 

• Like (+1) 1

1. Drops from TE continue to hurt us. Against a better team, that could have been the deciding factor like it has before.

2. I'll have to check but i think we got excellent feild position 2 times and turned them into quick 3 and outs.

3. It wasn't pretty at times, but we put the dagger in late and we've had difficulty doing that before, so it was good to see us finally shut the door against a great defense 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It would have been a luxury pick based on positional need, agreed, but from some of the since departed usually accurate sources on this board if Dugger was there he was the pick, so the Bills were open to a safety in that second round in 2020. 

In retrospect, Dugger would have been a very nice pick there, if he had been available…certainly better than what we ended up with

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.