Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Unfortunately this is pretty much how I feel. I was silently pretty confident we were going to lose this game before it even started. Not because I thought the Pats are worldbeaters, but because we are weak on both lines and somehow the Offense has lost its clutch gene.  

Sad thing is we only got to be clutch for one year. Seems like some teams have been clutch for ages

• Like (+1) 1

I don't blame Josh for this loss, I think he played very well given the conditions. I also don't blame him for the last two drives stalling. 

But I get worried when I see that we need 3 drives to win close games, maybe 4 if you count pittsburgh, late in the fourth quarter, and are 0 for 4. 

I get what's going on around him. 

We can't get just one though? 

I think he and the rest of the team are just a little bit weaker mentally than their opponents when their opponents are good enough to keep games close. The team is definitely weaker physically too. None of this is terminal, but it is absolutely killing their season and will keep doing so if they can't summon something.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Dawson Disaster Knox. Singlehandedly killed 4 Drives in a low scoring game and we tumble further down the standings.

Discuss.

I said we should have traded for Zach Ertz who has more experience,  on that play in the end zone Knox needed to shield the defender and come towards the football. Same thing on the3rd and long play where he had ball knocked out.  He did not shield the defender,  yes Knox just killed us tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Sad part is Josh hasn’t been clutch either this year...He hasn’t been able to come back 1 time...

I call BS here.  Clutch always takes more then one player.  That Allen had the Bills in the Red Zone twice late was clutch.  The problem was that NO ONE on the offense came up big at those points. 

We saw signs last year that the Bills depended to much on Allen.  This year it's been worse.  Frankly, we resemble Seattle in that regard.  And unlike KC which righted the ship because of a superior organization, we are facing tough times going forward.

I'm beginning to wonder if Allen isn't going to become with new Mathew Stafford.  Great numbers and obviously supremely talented but nothing around him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Once we had a first down in the red zone on the last drive. The run play by Singletary? for his usual 2 yard gain had me screaming at the TV. We cannot throw away crucial downs on running plays. The RBs dont get any yards and our backs are too small to bruise or wear down the defense !. Totally pointless!

Edited by Livinginthepast
sp error
  • Agree 1

Just now, AbsoluteMeatHead said:

Why are people hitting on Diggs?  Knox killed in first quarter.  Fk Knox.  Just get rid of him and bring anybody who can ***** catch a ***** football right in the hands. ***** him.

Get that Piece of garbage aka the dancing queen in the snow out of here. He sucks. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I said this in the GDT. Why was Griese going on and on about that pats safety who made that last play? It seemed like josh threw it to the wrong spot there— I don’t know what he was seeing (was he going to sanders? Or did he think Beasley was sort of cutting back?). In any event, i am not sure that safety does anything except stand there. 

He didn’t do anything…griese is a ducking train wreck.  I think that was a miscommunication and griese was simply hyping a guy up for knocking a ball down rather than going for a pick lol

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I said this in the GDT. Why was Griese going on and on about that pats safety who made that last play? It seemed like josh threw it to the wrong spot there— I don’t know what he was seeing (was he going to sanders? Or did he think Beasley was sort of cutting back?). In any event, i am not sure that safety does anything except stand there. 

He was going to Sanders and the safety made a hell of a play, that’s how I saw it.  He should have gone to Beasley though. 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

EVERYONE should take heart - the Jones hype is hype, and we'll likely always have the better QB by a mile.

I know they didn't HAVE to throw.  But they didn't trust him.

Problem is, they have world class coaching.  We're not even in the same league with McClappy and company.  They didn't even need a QB to beat us today.  Coaching destroyed us, as did poorly built lines.  We just suck on both sides of the ball on the lines, and that's on Beane and McDermott.

Edited by Preds

10 minutes ago, london_bills said:

But he couldn't deliver that killer pass at the end which was disappointing, albeit into the wind.

He delivered a killer game winning pass and Knox dropped it. Superstar MVP play and Knox ruined it. But we have fans nitpicking his decision making on 4th and 14 with a free rusher coming at him. Allen is so underrated by the fan base. He is consistently THE reason that we move the ball.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

At some point you’ve gotta start winning some close games though…they’ve got the potential to play like a great team but we are definitely not there at the moment and it’s a bit disappointing to say the least 

I agree they need to start winning, but I’ll give them the benefit for right now.

do I want them To win?  Absolutely.  But I’ll stay patient and not throw some of the insane claims others are tossing out

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Hyde and Poyer are pissed.

Basically just said we did enough on D to win

Yep. Everybody. Including all the kool aid drinkers need to watch the ESPN post game interview with Poyer and Hyde. The defense could have been better. But the offense was god awful invisible tonight. NO running game and receivers forgot their hands. 

Edited by Billznut
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Micah Hyde getting pissed off at the press conference now. 

Dude, you blew it.

10 in the box, Hyde the only "deep" guy and that was about 10-12 yards deep. He stupidly pursued the play to the line rather than doing his job, hanging back, and preventing the breakaway run. That's on you. Damn good safety, but poor decisionmaking there. Let them have their 8 yard gain against the wind. They couldn't score without a mistake being made. Your mistake being made.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Cray51 said:

I agree they need to start winning, but I’ll give them the benefit for right now.

do I want them To win?  Absolutely.  But I’ll stay patient and not throw some of the insane claims others are tossing out

Now we got to sweat it out and get in the playoffs though and people are frustrated by that it seems…could we get hot at the right time yea maybe 

• Like (+1) 1

Can we give Knox a pass? He had hand surgery like three weeks ago. The false start was stupid but he was a stud for us in the first half of the season. Daboll should be using him exclusively as a decoy but I doubt he takes any real world situations into account when he's drawing up his "game plans."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

We don’t have a workhorse RB

TE has never been trustworthy 

MLB will never ‘get it’

OLine is poor at best in passpro, unacceptably poor in run blocking

We play in Godforsaken WNY

Never have won a Super Bowl, never will.

Otherwise, it’s all good. smfh

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

4 catches for 51 yards. Led the team in receptions. He dropped one pass that he should have caught. Otherwise he was excellent 

I would not hold that "drop" against him as the wind was moving that ball all over

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BRH said:

He was going to Sanders and the safety made a hell of a play, that’s how I saw it.  He should have gone to Beasley though. 

No. Pass was an incompletion regardless. Best pass was Beasley.  And on the most important play diggs was basically not even in the play. He was not even an option. 

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Sad part is Josh hasn’t been clutch either this year...He hasn’t been able to come back 1 time...

Somethings up with this team. Still have a winning record. Josh Allen makes plays, no one else makes as many, yet you're right - 4th quarter Allen isn't a thing like it was. He brought us to the 20 yrd line but couldn't finish at the end and hasn't brought us back this season. 

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Yep. Everybody. Including all the look aid drinkers need to watch the ESPN post game interview with Poyer and Hyde. The defense could have been better. But the offense was god awful invisible tonight. NO running game and receivers forgot their hands. 

if the DL did not get gashed we would have had rhe ball more. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.