Week 12: Bills at Saints on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Point is, he has carried a similar load in the very recent past, and whereas Singletary fumbled it 10 times in that period, Breida fumbled 4 times. And there's of course that speed - 4.38 - which can't be coached. 

Which begs the question - why did it take so long to activate him? 

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have no clue what to expect from this team anymore but regardless of Saints current condition, I’d be thrilled with a win. There will be no concern on style points or excuses. We need a win terribly. And if we get it, I’m going to be very pleased. The Jets win was what to do about nothing….this is different. Need to stop the bleeding now

We have to start with a win tomorrow but a win in the following game will calm more nerves (mine for sure). 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Bro, almost every elite team this year has at least one unexplainable bad loss to a hapless team. The Titans have two.

Don’t know if you can go with that definition most years (the Cowboys only victory one year was against the Super Bowl champion WFT) but you especially can’t give that definition this year.

Fair points. Perhaps I should clarify. It's the way the Bills are losing and the huge concern and weaknesses in the trenches. Rarely, can teams overcome this. In fact, it hurt the Bills last year and was a major factor why we got beat vs KC. Have we gotten better, the same, or worse? Can the issues be fixed or minimized to make another deep run? Are the red flags waving? 

1 hour ago, Heathcliff said:

If I was Payton I would use Hill as a Taylor look alike. Just run him over and over.  Oh, and play cover 2 shell so the receivers can run up to the DBs and turn around. WTF Daboll??

Agree. You forget to say pound the rock. 

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I disagree. If its a physical opponent, you have to play hard. We played that way against the Chiefs with good results

KC is a decent match to get physical with. Tenn, Jags, and Colts won the battle of the trenches. Imho, it's a mistake to get into a physical battle with the Saints. I suppose it's relative as to want you mean by physical.

29 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Playing on Thursday really hurt this possibility. A perfect storm. 

Bills can't complain.

The Saints have their Starting Qb out. Kamara. Maybe Ingram.

At least one of their pro bowl tackles, maybe both.

Pro bowl guard for them out.

Michael Thomas.

The list goes on for them.

Bills are relatively healthy for late November.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Injury updates.  Nola missing a ton of important players.  And better players than Brown and Star.  No excuses for Buffalo.  

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_c04e93f0-4ca5-11ec-8a1f-db00d9e69752.html

If Cam Jordan and Marcus Davenport are playing, it's a wrap

1 hour ago, Oregonbillsfan said:

Bills need to open up some holes for the run game to work. Thurman couldn’t run behind this o line.

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If Cam Jordan and Marcus Davenport are playing, it's a wrap

I can see McDermott being outcoached on game day as well by Sean Payton

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Fair points. Perhaps I should clarify. It's the way the Bills are losing and the huge concern and weaknesses in the trenches. Rarely, can teams overcome this. In fact, it hurt the Bills last year and was a major factor why we got beat vs KC. Have we gotten better, the same, or worse? Can the issues be fixed or minimized to make another deep run? Are the red flags waving? 

Thanks for clarifying, bro. While we disagree with the state of the team, I do understand what you’re saying now.

I know we can agree on this though. Hopefully they win tomorrow and we get to 7-4 before our big game with the patriots.

Just establish the run. Change this identity. Show teams you are willing to get dirty. Show teams we have a second pitch when the fastball is being caught up to. Show teams we aren’t 1 note. Go out there and win a different way and recreate the identity of this team. As a team that can beat you anyway they have to.  

24 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Thanks for clarifying, bro. While we disagree with the state of the team, I do understand what you’re saying now.

I know we can agree on this though. Hopefully they win tomorrow and we get to 7-4 before our big game with the patriots.

Yes indeed. I want nothing more than the Bills to win. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnqHOl7dbkE&ab_channel=IndianapolisColts

Live by the pass...die by the pass...and get destroyed by the run. Err well, dominated by the run.

This team was built to stop Tom Brady and the NE passing game. Sadly, Brady is now in Tampa and the NE offense is now a mix of run first, QB game management. 

The 2021 Buffalo Bills are geared / rostered to stop the pass and on offense it's all about the passing game.

It's a passing league now right? So many Bills fans here posting last season that they don't care if the Bills don't have a good run game as they can throw it like nobody...save Rodgers and Mahomes, right?

Currently the NO Saints might just be reeling more than the Buffalo Bills what with all their injuries and missing so many star players.

Still, this team can run the ball and if their top 10 defense plays a "cover 2 shell" will the Saints pull off a Jags like win? 6-9? 

The Buffalo Bills on offense...keep doing what you have been doing all year...even though it isn't working anymore...just keep doing it.

On defense, keep getting gashed in the run game and the team doesn't make any realistic changes to their lineup or rotation? Try some GD thing to make a difference...stack the box, run blitz...something. But, no! Just keep doing it...

I have no faith that this team even sniffs the playoffs this season. Suppose the Patriots beat the Titans this week and the road to the SB goes through NE? 

1 hour ago, Worstcaseontario said:

We cannot lose to trevor siemian, that would be BAD - that said im taking the bills hanging 40 on the saints in a dominating bounce back game.

Saints have a good defense at all levels so unless our secondary has multiple int's I don't see us putting up any more than 30.  Especially if the Saints game plan is to run, run, and run again to control the clock.  I'm thinking a nail biter and something like a 24-20 Bills victory.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just establish the run. Change this identity. Show teams you are willing to get dirty. Show teams we have a second pitch when the fastball is being caught up to. Show teams we aren’t 1 note. Go out there and win a different way and recreate the identity of this team. As a team that can beat you anyway they have to.  

How come no one ever says establish the pass?

On 11/22/2021 at 1:16 PM, finn said:

I think they win, and the Bills have 11 days to get their act together for the home stretch. 

If they lose, they can still pull it together, win the division and so make the playoffs, but the self-analysis will need to deeper, and it will come amidst intense media and fan criticism. It wouldn't be a pleasant 11 days for them or us. 

Nope. This is absolutely a must win in a tight AFC. New England has outscored their opponents 175-50 in their last five games. If we don't start winning immediately then they will run away with the division. They will likely split with us and then they have Jacksonville and Miami to close the year. I'd also heavily favor them against a team with as many injuries as Tennessee. You have to assume they're winning 11 games MINIMUM when you look at their schedule.

Edited by evek

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Suppose the Patriots beat the Titans this week and the road to the SB goes through NE? 

As distasteful as it seems, we should be rooting for NE to beat the Titans. The Titans have effectively a 2-game lead on us and a very easy remaining schedule.  The Bills have two games left with NE and, as bad as we’ve played at times, we absolutely can take care of our own business and win both those games. In fact, I’m hoping NE is favored going into that Monday night game…

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

As distasteful as it seems, we should be rooting for NE to beat the Titans. The Titans have effectively a 2-game lead on us and a very easy remaining schedule.  The Bills have two games left with NE and, as bad as we’ve played at times, we absolutely can take care of our own business and win both those games. In fact, I’m hoping NE is favored going into that Monday night game…

Agreed, but it's one of those games where any results has positive outcomes for the Bills. And as such, I will root for the Titans. 🤣

17 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Agreed, but it's one of those games where any results has positive outcomes for the Bills. And as such, I will root for the Titans. 🤣

You could make the case that we are now fighting just to make the playoffs—that the first seed in the AFC is a pipe dream—in which case, sure, we should be rooting for NE to lose, since we’ll probably only be able to split with them anyway, the way things are going. That’s probably a more realistic way to look at it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Probably because most teams don’t just completely ignore the passing game on purpose for entire months at a time. To where it would be necessary to establish it. Maybe in the 70s they did.

I know....it's just that establish the run is such a cliche...

5 hours ago, mannc said:

at this point, I’ve pretty much given up on the #1 seed and will be more than happy with just winning the division.   As such, go Titans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

I know....it's just that establish the run is such a cliche...

Establishing the run is still the essence of football.  Yes, it’s a passing game today but you can still win with a running game and great defense.  You probably will not win it all being one dimensional in any aspect.  

Running requires physical and mental dominance and that tends to improve all facets of a teams game.  The Bills need to run enough to keep Josh from having to do it all.  

14 hours ago, mannc said:

New england is going to win the division and sweep this team. Some just can't grasp it. This version of the bills team is not good

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

New england is going to win the division and sweep this team. Some just can't grasp it. This version of the bills team is not good

You say this while we are winning 24-0 without Star, Tre and Josh throwing two picks. You must be a watching a different team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/24/2021 at 3:40 PM, CNYfan said:

There you go, again.

Just sayin’. This is a matchup league and the matchups favored the Bills overwhelmingly. I saw that you also chastised @Success for predicting a blowout of the Jets. I can’t speak for him, but I assume it his prediction was based on matchups. Fwiw, I thought the Bills would lose to the Colts because … matchups. 

Edited by dave mcbride

18 hours ago, CSBill said:

We need to win our division first before worrying about first seed. Go Titans

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.