11/21 Colts at Bills, Postgame Postmortem Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

With the amount of money and draft picks invested in the d-line, and the defense generally, they have precious little to show for it when it’s time to man up and beat a physical offense.

I really hope it's just about getting some maturity and experience... but the ROI isn't looking good right now.

Let the BS coach speak commence... Sick of the same ole talk from coaches and players after dysmal performances... Let's hear some fire and emotion... Like you freaking care.  Not this ho-hum they played better than us, they wanted it more... That's painfully obvious, we don't need lip service. 

Edited by 727Bills
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

With the amount of money and draft picks invested in the d-line, and the defense generally, they have precious little to show for it when it’s time to man up and beat a physical offense.

That’s a really fair take.  We have one of the most expensive DL, and at this point have a number of high draft picks invested

It has to be said that the ROI is poor.

That said….I do wonder how coaching plays a factor.  I can’t help noticing that when McDermott and Frazier start talking in pressers about how we “hope we can come up with a plan to limit their big plays” it seems to be a cue that they really don’t have a plan and we’re gonna see a butt-whupping

• Like (+1) 3

Well, that sucked.  Some quick thoughts, i'm sure none of this is insightful or original

1. This is a team built to beat up on bad teams and lose to good teams.  The announcers keep repeating superlatives about the Bills O & D rankings, even as the Colts made absolute fools of them.  Beating up on Miami and Houston got us some sick stats, for sure.  I wish we could play them every week

2. We can't run, we can't stop the run.  I sure am glad we spend all our draft picks on a DL that just gave up what, 300 yards rushing?   Beane is truly a genius, such so that he cannot be judged by our mere mortal metrics like "fielding a competitive team"

3. Josh Allen is a unique talent but can't seem to show up when we need him.  Again, 400 yards against bad teams is cool and good.  Maybe I should just watch those games and pretend the games against winning teams don't matter

4. The D really is a disgrace.  Let's not hear any more about their rankings, they can't stop the run, and the Colts moved the ball at will all day long.  They scored on their first 4 drives?  5?  does it matter? 

5. When we need a big play to turn momentum, always consider #19.  He'll make a big play.  Just don't be a normie and expect it to be a big play for the Bills, let him express himself as his muse dictates.

6. Coach McD must have delivered a hell of a speech at halftime.  Have the Bills ever played better in a second half than a first during his tenure?  Can we get a relief coach in there at halftime so Coach McD can go do whatever it is he'd rather be doing?

7. Oh, and sorry, this should have been higher on the list.  Like #1.  The O-Line is terrible and whomever is in charge of that should quit in disgrace.

All in all an absolutely halfhearted performance from everyone on the Bills.  Thanks, I guess, for making it so I'll spend time with extended family on Thanksgiving rather than trying to sneak away to watch the game Thursday

Edited by dorquemada
added #7

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

I'm just disgusted by the team performance and coaching decisions today. Poor clock management while the game was in reach, poor ball security, too many drops, and penalties extending Colts drives while killing the Bills own.

We played like a lousy football team today (penalties, mistakes, execution, play calling).

That stuff has to stop right away.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll repeat again this game is on the front office the same things we all know we needed in the off season a mauling guard…an upgrade a rb… more depth at te…another DT….Bean did none of these things and teams are hammering on the bills now because of it and WTF Gabe Davis you’re turning in Zay Jones 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The one thing I hate about the Bills losing, is it brings out all the termites with their negative takes that otherswise remain hidden in the woodwork when the Bills play well.  Okay...the Bills suck today.  They're playing a more desparate team with the best back in the league and without key players.  Okay.  That does not negate what this team has accomplished since Beane and McD have arrived.   Believe me, this beat down is hurting them worse than it hurts us.   Are they overrated?  Perhaps.  Today, it certainly looks so.  We're not the best team in the AFC and we aren't the worst.  We no longer lead the division and the hated Patriots do.  There's more football to be played.  There are no runaway teams this year in either conference.   I'm going to enjoy the sport.  Hope the Bills get healthy and gather themselves for the rest of the season and let the chips fall where they may.  At this juncture, my real reason for pulling for the Bills to win, is to weed out all the faux fans who frequent the boards when the Bills play like crap.  

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.