NFL will be better off without dirtbag Kroenke

Big Turk

Basically his entire life is a giant swindle job...marrying a Walmart Heiress to access her money and connections, screwing over St Louis and now trying to screw over his fellow owners that allowed him to screw over Saint Louis.

Dude doesn't know how to stop...have a feeling this will not play out well in NFL circles.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/18/stan-kroenke-threatens-to-settle-with-st-louis-and-to-leave-his-partners-holding-the-billion-dollar-bag/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Why do we assume he's acting without the consent of the other owners? The article says that if he can settle on his own, it could give them leverage to end the case. In that scenario any other costs could be spread out, but would be less for the other owners. Also, they'd essentially get away scott free in terms of judicial terms...

That sounds good for the rest of the owners, unless I'm misunderstanding.

48 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Why do we assume he's acting without the consent of the other owners? The article says that if he can settle on his own, it could give them leverage to end the case. In that scenario any other costs could be spread out, but would be less for the other owners. Also, they'd essentially get away scott free in terms of judicial terms...

yes you are misunderstanding.

Kroenke was negotiating with StL to settle for all of NFL. Now is threatening to only settle for himself unless NFL agrees to split cost by 32 teams. If following through with demand/ransom it leaves all other teams liable for suits and damages.

Kroenke turncoat liar could offer StL $300 to $500 million to settle his claim only. That would set precedent for all 31 other teams to also be potentially on hook for same. $9.3 to $15.5 billion total.

So cheater Kroenke could save $9.3 to $15.5 billion by settling his separately. It remains to be seen if cheater would survive the impending lawsuit all owners will bring to make him pay all settlements as he promised in return for allowed to move to LA.  Many owners said they would not have approved the move if he had not promised to cover all potential legal costs and suits.

If legal to do first, NFL owners would be smart to sue cheater now to find out if cheater is on the hook for paying NFL for any or all settlement costs. Then go settle w StL. LOL 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Kroenke was negotiating with StL to settle for all of NFL. Now is threatening to only settle for himself unless NFL agrees to split cost by 32 teams. If following through with demand/ransom it leaves all other teams liable for suits and damages.

Kroenke turncoat liar could offer StL $300 to $500 million to settle his claim only. That would set precedent for all 31 other teams to also be potentially on hook for same. $9.3 to $15.5 billion total.

So cheater Kroenke could save $9.3 to $15.5 billion by settling his separately. It remains to be seen if cheater would survive the impending lawsuit all owners will bring to make him pay all settlements as he promised in return for allowed to move to LA.  Many owners said they would not have approved the move if he had not promised to cover all potential legal costs and suits.

If legal to do first, NFL owners would be smart to sue cheater now to find out if cheater is on the hook for paying NFL for any or all settlement costs. Then go settle w StL. LOL 🤣

Ah, that makes sense. That seems like a bold move. It's surprising, or not I guess, to see him do that unless he has some kind of leverage.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Did you read the title of the article?

Yes…….this is what rich and powerful people do. I grew in in Baltimore when the Colts got ripped- I hope St. Louis takes the NFL and Ole’ Kronkey to the cleaners.

After using the relocation hammer to extract untold billions from various jurisdictions and their continuing tolerance of a scumbag like Dan Snyder, I have no problem if the owners go circular firing squad on one another over this  - they deserve it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, cba fan said:

It's a jackass move by Kroenke's lawyers, but that only makes him the biggest jackass in a stable of jackasses. The remaining NFL owners would have no potential liability unless they were complicit in the St. Louis screwjob. NFL owners are a special club of self-interested pompous billionaires. I have trouble making myself single out Kroenke against the likes of Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's a jackass move by Kroenke's lawyers, but that only makes him the biggest jackass in a stable of jackasses. The remaining NFL owners would have no potential liability unless they were complicit in the St. Louis screwjob. NFL owners are a special club of self-interested pompous billionaires. I have trouble making myself single out Kroenke against the likes of Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder.

Oh but they are...read the previous post a few weeks ago about how Saint Louis found out about various conversations and emails between Jones and Kroenke as to how to get out of there while they were still supposedly dealing with them in good faith and how to spin it to the other owners so they would approve it.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Basically his entire life is a giant swindle job...marrying a Walmart Heiress to access her money and connections, screwing over St Louis and now trying to screw over his fellow owners that allowed him to screw over Saint Louis.

Dude doesn't know how to stop...have a feeling this will not play out well in NFL circles.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/18/stan-kroenke-threatens-to-settle-with-st-louis-and-to-leave-his-partners-holding-the-billion-dollar-bag/

I am all for anyone who wants to stick it Roger Goodell even in a second hand way.  He has single handedly ruined the NFL.  I long for the days of Pete Rozelle and Paul Tagliabue.  

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Amen.

He screwed St Louis big time.  He ruined the team and tried to drive away the fans.  Then he pulled a lot of Shiite, trying to make a city with a perfectly functional dome stadium build him a palace when the city has LOTS of more important priorities.  Then he builds the palace in LA and lures the Chargers away from SD.   He tried to get the Raiders too.  

He does not care about people or the communities that he rapes. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree.  I will  add that Ralph C Wilson was above this type of behavior.  Otherwise the Bills would have been gone long ago.  Ralph was not the best owner from a tactical football perspective.  But his integrity and commitment to the Bills in Buffalo cannot ever be questioned. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I agree.  I will  add that Ralph C Wilson was above this type of behavior.  Otherwise the Bills would have been gone long ago.  Ralph was not the best owner from a tactical football perspective.  But his integrity and commitment to the Bill in Buffalo cannot ever be questioned. 

Ralph was a gem as a person. He came from the world of old money where having class was considered a responsibility of wealth. Kraft and Jones are prototypes of modern wealth, and NFL owners. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I am all for anyone who wants to stick it Roger Goodell even in a second hand way.  He has single handedly ruined the NFL.  I long for the days of Pete Rozelle and Paul Tagliabue.  

He isn't sticking it to Goodell, he is still getting his 60 mil...he is sticking to the 31 other owners who basically helped him out and allowed him to move with the understanding he was responsible for any issues that arose from it and he agreed. Now he is trying to weasel his way out after the fact.

If that's the type.of person you want to get behind...a dude who stabs others in the back and has zero integrity then I feel bad for you.

Where I grew up, this is the type of dude who got his ass whooped. You don't do that kind of stuff to your friends.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Big Turk said:

NFL owners are beholden to him for all the money he's made them by leaving small market St. Louis and shepherding through a massive show case palace in the biggest market in North America. He IS one of them. They may be pissed that he is breaching his indemnity agreement with them but I can just about guarantee that this bloodless shark is not going to get thrown out of the club. It's always about money. There are no other values that appeal to these people despite the public relations attempts to make you think they have an interest in patriotism (the military displays are everywhere every week), breast cancer (gotta control the women's market) and any other cause you can think of. Kroenke maybe an a...hole but he is their kind of a..hole. The lawyers will settle it out eventually and Kroenke will end up paying more but likely less than he would have if he'd abided by the indemnity provision. 

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Pete said:

That red power tie play reeks of over compensation, covering massive insecurities imo

The red power tie was because he was at the FA Cup final and Arsenal wear red.

I can confirm though he is a shitbag of an owner. Our choices at the time were Kroenke who is a money obsessed liar a d cheat or a convicted Uzbek criminal with shady connections to Putin. 

Who says sport hasn't sold its soul? 😄

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BubbaT said:

NFL owners are beholden to him for all the money he's made them by leaving small market St. Louis and shepherding through a massive show case palace in the biggest market in North America. He IS one of them. They may be pissed that he is breaching his indemnity agreement with them but I can just about guarantee that this bloodless shark is not going to get thrown out of the club. It's always about money. There are no other values that appeal to these people despite the public relations attempts to make you think they have an interest in patriotism (the military displays are everywhere every week), breast cancer (gotta control the women's market) and any other cause you can think of. Kroenke maybe an a...hole but he is their kind of a..hole. The lawyers will settle it out eventually and Kroenke will end up paying more but likely less than he would have if he'd abided by the indemnity provision. 

They aren't beholden to him at all. They were the ones who allowed it to happen in the first place. They could voted no and he would have been stuck there.

Edited by Big Turk

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Legally dubious arguments Kroenke's team is making.  

He chose to indemnify the others and now he's challenging his own letter of indemnification. 

Doesn't make sense anyway.  Does he think he's going to offer and have accepted a lowball amount to STL and have the league pay for some huge other amount?  Why wouldn't he prefer to have the huge amount spread over all the owners, if he's bent on nullifying the indemnification?

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They aren't beholden to him at all. They were the ones who allowed it to happen in the first place. They could voted no and he would have been stuck there.

He made the proposal that convinced them to do it, he bought the land, had the resources to make it happen and DID make it happen. They have a showcase pleasure palace in the biggest media market in North America. No more little St Louis and the step sister to the south with their stadium issues has been eradicated.  You are positing what the NFL lawyers will be arguing. That'll take an amazing amount of time and money to adjudicate on top of what they are going to be hit with by the Federal lawsuit in St Louis. I'd be shocked if the NFL owners don't settle with Kroenke.

Edited by BubbaT

20 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

With things like this, the only thing I really care about is what it means for Buffalo. It's very, very good for Bills fans because the league is going to be extremely skeptical of franchise movies going forward given this mess.

They will simply rewrite the bylaws that make it more explicit that they as a group can move teams as they please (i.e. eliminate whatever of their own "rules" they have allegedly not followed for the Rams).

1 hour ago, BubbaT said:

He made the proposal that convinced them to do it, he bought the land, had the resources to make it happen and DID make it happen. They have a showcase pleasure palace in the biggest media market in North America. No more little St Louis and the step sister to the south with their stadium issues has been eradicated.  You are positing what the NFL lawyers will be arguing. That'll take an amazing amount of time and money to adjudicate on top of what they are going to be hit with by the Federal lawsuit in St Louis. I'd be shocked if the NFL owners don't settle with Kroenke.

And he agreed to be responsible for any and all issues arising from it. Case closed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.