Rex Ryan blasts the Jets coaching staff

Greg S

Hasn't McD lost a couple super poor defensive performance blow outs every year? The crazy thing is they might have put up one of those in the 2nd half against the Titans, just now the offense is good enough to put up 30+ to keep you in the game.

Sounds like they the Jets flat out got out schemed (didn't watch), and for all we know they were covering screens a lot, the Pats just wouldn't run the screen unless they had them fooled to give up the screen.

Let's not get too excited, Saleh seems like he can build a solid culture.

Edited by HardyBoy

No matter how long the Jets' pain lasts, they will never, ever, ever have a worse coach than Adam Gase.  True, dum@ss, total idiot, and cocky SOB Adam Gase.  Seriously, he's like a parody of the most moronic, clueless head coach one could possibly dream up.   To this day, I still remember exactly when I heard the Jets had hired Gase.  Almost fell out of my chair laughing once I realized it was really happening.  I mean, some moron owner in his same division was so enamored by that idiot that they hired him on the spot?  That's the Jets for you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Apocalypse Nuts said:

No matter how long the Jets' pain lasts, they will never, ever, ever have a worse coach than Adam Gase.  True, dum@ss, total idiot, and cocky SOB Adam Gase.  Seriously, he's like a parody of the most moronic, clueless head coach one could possibly dream up.   To this day, I still remember exactly when I heard the Jets had hired Gase.  Almost fell out of my chair laughing once I realized it was really happening.  I mean, some moron owner in his same division was so enamored by that idiot that they hired him on the spot?  That's the Jets for you.

Don’t forget, for some inexplicable reason Peyton Manning allegedly recommended Gase to many teams. I’ll never understand that.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I really thought Saleh would be a very good head coach. Maybe not.

Same

45 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Rex Ryan should not be evaluating anyone about football ever.  He's all talk and deserves to be locked in a room with Skip Bayless

oooh Harsh.  Can we put Nick Wrong in there with them?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As much as I can’t stand Wrex and is a blowhard, he’s spot on with todays point.  I know the Jests are a dumpster fire, and the real problem is right at ownership just like it was down here in Tampa with Hugh Culverhouse who was fine with 10,000 in the seats as he stole the NFL tv revenue and didn’t care.

The problem is you can’t fire owners (see Dan “i don’t care how many women are treated badly in my house” Snyder).

1 hour ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Are you sure?  Flores is about to make Gase look like a great Miami coach.  He will be available next year.  The Jets could still do more Jets things and pick him up.

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

We have a support group for people who are wrong. We haven’t been able to help those that believed Rex to be the Bills Savior, but I think we have a chance with you. Come, Join us.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Haha (+1) 2

Instead of criticizing Saleh, maybe he can share his secrets to success of coming off the bye week, like the time in 2014 when his Jets team came off the bye to play the Marrone-led Bills on a Monday night in Detroit when the Bills had abbreviated practices. Some players and coaches had to take snowmobiles to the airport and play on a neutral field, and still, Rex’s team got dusted by Kyle Orton and crew 38-3. 

I wonder what Rexy would've said about that game? Something like: "That was a horrible performance," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We didn't block, we didn't tackle, we didn't do anything." 

What was his excuse for not having his team ready? It wasn't his first year of being a head coach. He didn't have a rookie QB. He wasn't facing Tom Brady.

To think the Bills hired him after that season still turns my stomach. I never understood that hire, and the more I hear of Rex and his moronic takes, the more I never will. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, qwksilver said:

Not sure why anyone even watches ESPN anymore.

Better question or poll, who has a better chance of turning around their franchise? Jets with Saleh & Douglas or Fins with Flores & Grier? Hopefully it's neither.

The Dolphins have more draft capital so one would think they do. Yet they have a shorter lease than the Jets. 

13 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Rich Kotite was the closest to Gase in terms of a clueless Jets coach. He also went 1-15 back in the mid 90's.

5 hours ago, lefto said:

Instead of criticizing Saleh, maybe he can share his secrets to success of coming off the bye week, like the time in 2014 when his Jets team came off the bye to play the Marrone-led Bills on a Monday night in Detroit when the Bills had abbreviated practices. Some players and coaches had to take snowmobiles to the airport and play on a neutral field, and still, Rex’s team got dusted by Kyle Orton and crew 38-3. 

I wonder what Rexy would've said about that game? Something like: "That was a horrible performance," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We didn't block, we didn't tackle, we didn't do anything." 

What was his excuse for not having his team ready? It wasn't his first year of being a head coach. He didn't have a rookie QB. He wasn't facing Tom Brady.

To think the Bills hired him after that season still turns my stomach. I never understood that hire, and the more I hear of Rex and his moronic takes, the more I never will. 

Yea but that was Rex after he lost the weight.  Fat Rex ran tougher defenses and his teams played harder.  He just needs to gain all the weight back.

I still think the Saleh hire was a great hire. The roster building over there is seriously questionable though. 
Everytime they fork out cash on premier free agents that player is almost immediately cursed. Carl lawson was a good signing, immediately hurt. Mosley has been hurt since he got there. The list goes on. 
You’d think any armchair gm on the planet would of signed every offensive linemen possible knowing you’re drafting a quarterback. Yet here we are, another young kid thrown to the wolves with zero protection and the worst run game in the league. And for what feels like the 10th year in a row their best defensive player wants a trade cause they don’t want to pay him. I’m happy they haven’t gotten it right cause like most I obviously want the easy two wins a year, but I liked Saleh as a coaching candidate. What he was able to do getting the most out of the San Francisco defense was pretty impressive. When healthy yeah seems like an easy job, but they’re never healthy. Seemed like a guy players would give max effort for. 

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Rich Kotite was the closest to Gase in terms of a clueless Jets coach. He also went 1-15 back in the mid 90's.

Oh yeah I agree with that.  That was so bad my mind refuses to give any energy to recall the Kotite era.  I remember an old friend back in the mid 90’s who used to pity me for being a Bills fan when they were obviously past their prime.  The Giants and Jets deserve all the bad mojo they have just for calling themselves “New York” teams when we all know their home turf is in friggin’ NEW JERSEY for Pete’s sake.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I seem to recall any number of television reaction shots of Kotite on the sidelines, gap mouthed with a look of bewilderment on his face.  Didn't matter if it was a penalty, play gone wrong, or a first down for the Jets. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

having success as a coordinator doesn't always translate to success as a head coach.  He was one of those DC's that was always on camera. He was always jumping and screaming, he got attention and i honestly think that builds up his stock.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Rex Ryan's defenses were a nightmare to deal with.

When he was here we sadly got the burned out version of Rex. 

What we got was a square peg in a round hole. Rex took a top-five defense and tried to mold it into his scheme. But he lacked the personnel to run that scheme. It's almost exactly how Gregg Williams took a top-five 3-4 defense and tried to mold it into his 4-3 scheme. You need to adapt the scheme to the players, not the other way around, but both Gregg and Rex were too arrogant to do that.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Don’t forget, for some inexplicable reason Peyton Manning allegedly recommended Gase to many teams. I’ll never understand that.

They had a successful relationship as far as that goes, that and within the nfl Nepotism is real, 

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

What we got was a square peg in a round hole. Rex took a top-five defense and tried to mold it into his scheme. But he lacked the personnel to run that scheme. It's almost exactly how Gregg Williams took a top-five 3-4 defense and tried to mold it into his 4-3 scheme. You need to adapt the scheme to the players, not the other way around, but both Gregg and Rex were too arrogant to do that.

More than likely, they weren’t smart enough to know how to adapt.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Unless this is the kiss of death vote of confidence from the owner both Douglas and Saleh aren't getting fired anytime soon.

Said the same thing about Gase, ten days or so before gassing him.  Didn't he?  Oh wait, that was his smarter brudder said that.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

55 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

At this point it sure looks like Mac Jones is clearly superior to the Jets QB.

In fairness Wilson is poorly coached and in a dysfunctional organization from ownership on down.  Imagine how good he could be with a good  organization.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.