Patrick Mahomes' brother critiqued for Tiktok dance on Taylor's memorial logo; Now "bodied" by small KC bar

syhuang

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

All of the 1 stars are before this incident.  the latest one is 9/21 and they go go back as far as 2017.  None are related to COVID staffing issues or young Mahomes's D-baggery.

The point is they have bad reviews.  On several, the owner/manager apologized (as is the typical establishment response).  I get that Mahomes has a lot of followers so his bad review (such as it was) highlighted whatever issues they may have at that place in a way they didn't like.  

Now what about all the good reviews?

20 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

His brother doesn’t have a gf (if you catch my drift). The girl he hangs with is Patrick’s fiancée…she’s crazy, and not in a good way. 

Are you saying that Pat Mahomes' fiancée is a beard?

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

All of the 1 stars are before this incident.  the latest one is 9/21 and they go go back as far as 2017.  None are related to COVID staffing issues or young Mahomes's D-baggery.

I didn't make a study of it (surprised if I hear that you did) but the point is, the place has far more good reviews than bad, or they wouldn't average 4 1/2 stars with only a handful of Dec. reviews ~ Mahomes bro issue.

When I sorted them by "most recent", the first bad review is "bad service" this fall, while restaurants/bars are struggling to find servers in MO.

The next bad review is January of 2021 and complains that the restaurant refused to serve a group of girls who walked in at 10 pm, and closed when the posted hours on the web page were midnight.  This was during a Covid surge in KC and I believe bars were mandated to close at 10 pm.

So I don't know how you conclude that "none are related to Covid staffing issues".  Sounds to me like confirmation bias at best

All restaurants I'm familiar with have 1 star and 2 star yelp reviews, including restaurants where I've always had great service.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly.  Almost every establishment has 1-star reviews, including establishments I patronize locally and at which I have always had good experiences.

It's wild. We eat out probably 5-7 meals per week and have for years especially now that we're on the road.  I've had one bad experience and that was an outback like 10 years ago where they sent me a very well done steak when i asked for medium rare and I mean this thing was a brick. Then they sent me a steak so rare there was a puddle of red on the plate and I thought they were ***** with me.  I don't understand where these people have these experiences.  

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Now what about all the good reviews?

Plenty of those

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't make a study of it (surprised if I hear that you did) but the point is, the place has far more good reviews than bad, or they wouldn't average 4 1/2 stars with only a handful of Dec. reviews ~ Mahomes bro issue.

When I sorted them by "most recent", the first bad review is "bad service" this fall, while restaurants/bars are struggling to find servers in MO.

The next bad review is January of 2021 and complains that the restaurant refused to serve a group of girls who walked in at 10 pm, and closed when the posted hours on the web page were midnight.  This was during a Covid surge in KC and I believe bars were mandated to close at 10 pm.

So I don't know how you conclude that "none are related to Covid staffing issues".  Sounds to me like confirmation bias at best

All restaurants I'm familiar with have 1 star and 2 star yelp reviews, including restaurants where I've always had great service.

It wasn't a deep dive, I just clicked "lowest" and it sorted them from 1 to 5 stars.  The 1's have been there for a few years.  

The bolded is true, but it doesn't answer the question I asked. 

42 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

It's wild. We eat out probably 5-7 meals per week and have for years especially now that we're on the road.  I've had one bad experience and that was an outback like 10 years ago where they sent me a very well done steak when i asked for medium rare and I mean this thing was a brick. Then they sent me a steak so rare there was a puddle of red on the plate and I thought they were ***** with me.  I don't understand where these people have these experiences.  

The lord himself could run a business to perfection, and there’d still be one star reviews. My unscientific observation says that about 1 out of every 5 people are impossible to please and/or crazy. Anyone who ever worked with the public will tell you about people who perceive insults and poor service that didn’t even occur. I don’t think the average person really understands how many functioning crazies exist. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The point is they have bad reviews.  On several, the owner/manager apologized (as is the typical establishment response).  I get that Mahomes has a lot of followers so his bad review (such as it was) highlighted whatever issues they may have at that place in a way they didn't like.  

sounds like you are someone who displays similar behavior. Instead of going to the restaurant to get an issue resolved, go post something and hope you hurt the restaurant. These are the same people that is they had a Yelp review for their happiness I’m sure it would struggle to reach 3 stars. 

30 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

sounds like you are someone who displays similar behavior. Instead of going to the restaurant to get an issue resolved, go post something and hope you hurt the restaurant. These are the same people that is they had a Yelp review for their happiness I’m sure it would struggle to reach 3 stars. 

I've never reviewed a business, never sent food back, never tried to take something off the tab.  I always leave a generous tip because I know serving is a rough job at times. 

So, yeah you're wrong there.  If you simply go back and read my first post on this, you will see that your post has nothing to do with what i'm sayin.  It's just an ad hominem attack, for your lack of an otherwise on point response.

Go with it though, if it makes sense for you.  I don't mind.

I have a very close friend who runs a couple of restaurants in KC that the Chiefs players frequent.  (Several players including Mahomes and Kelce were there this Sunday after the game.)  I was literally talking with him on Tuesday about how great all of the players are but the only two who ever cause problems are Jackson Mahomes and Brittany.  Brittany is just kind of full of herself.  Jackson sounds like a full on POS.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think when it comes to Jackson Mahomes, always give the other party the benefit of a doubt.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 10/18/2021 at 3:55 AM, RobbRiddick said:

Hmm, I'm sure this guy is a tool but this just seems a case of someone being stupid rather than disrespectful. It's just your standard social media moron being so fixated by their next upload that they're not even aware of the world around them.

Same reason these idiots fall off cliffs and the tops of buildings trying to get a cool picture of themselves. 

Man I sound old

Who cares if you sound old.  The trick in life is to be right.

And you are.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

It's too bad, because Mahomes seems like a good guy...but his family is kind embarrassing.

Yeah, I’d be embarrassed, but then you can’t pick your family so I hold nothing against Patrick. If the brother was a $%#@ and he was on board with it, THEN I have a problem with Patrick, but I doubt that’s the case. Sometimes being rich and famous is less than it is cracked up to be. I’d love to be rich, I’d hate to be famous, but my first choice is happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Patrick Mahomes' brother critiqued for Tiktok dance on Taylor's memorial logo; Now "bodied" by small KC bar

For the record, this bar puts nuts on the bar then charges you for them if you partake.  They got bodied for this by Al H, Overland Park, KS

Also, "up charge" for pouring drinks on the rocks.  Savaged by Michael B, KC, Mo.  (Owner replied the extra charge was "actually a steal"!!)...

10 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

The lord himself could run a business to perfection, and there’d still be one star reviews. My unscientific observation says that about 1 out of every 5 people are impossible to please and/or crazy. Anyone who ever worked with the public will tell you about people who perceive insults and poor service that didn’t even occur. I don’t think the average person really understands how many functioning crazies exist. 

When reading reviews, I generally skip over the 1-star and 5-star reviews.  Figure those are from people that always want to complain or are friends with the owners.  It's the 2, 3, and 4 star reviews I pay attention too.  

I once saw a 5-star review for a hotel that spent 2 paragraphs talking about the automatic pancake maker in the breakfast area.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.