10/10/21 Gameday SNF Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Ralonzo said:

After the GB preseason game I was ok with that. After Pittsburgh…. Eh. But unless who have guys on the D line who can win off the snap, a lot, I don’t think that will stymie the Bills O.

We are protecting better, and getting more push from our OL in the running game.

For that defense to work it has to stop the run with 4 and be able to pressure the pocket... KC's front 4 could not get it done so they started to bring the extra guys on the blitz and play man downfield which led to some big completions.

Our defense on the other hand was getting it done with our front 4... game, set, match. Also when Mahomes tried to dink and dunk one ball went through Hill's hands for an INT and TD, and Rouseau tipped one to himself when they were knocking on the doorstep. If you are going to dink and dunk your way down the field you have to have a lot of precision timing and execution.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

Next Gen stat of the night: Bills defense did not blitz Patrick Mahommes once in this game.  (no other team in the NGS era has played a game without blitzing once).

Exact same game plan as last year's regular season game.  The difference this year is we stopped the run and Allen had a good game.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

"Allen with a 59% completion rating.  Completely overrated."

-Nick Wright

“This is what Josh Allen always does, he needs to cut that out of his game to ever be a real QB”

-**** Coddleswab after the grounding

“He’s been great running in the first half but not throwing it, apart from one to Diggs”

-Al Michaels after 200 yards and 2 Td in half

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Exact same game plan as last year's regular season game.  The difference this year is we stopped the run and Allen had a good game.

Part of Allen having a good game is that while we didn't gain a lot of yards running in the 1st half, we gained ENOUGH that KC needed to respect our run threat.  They also needed to respect our TE and our short passing game, which they didn't need to last AFCCG.

Allen TOOK the checkdowns and the "hot" receiver when he needed to this game.  And I can't tell you how happy that made me to see.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4

43 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Haha.

@Zerovoltz was on here within minutes of winning the SB two years ago…. Bet doesn’t show face all week.

I'm pretty sure he predicted a Chiefs loss a few days ago, so he has no reason to stay away. He was right on.

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

KC had two ref-sustained drives and two figs. They never looked like a threat to the Bills, in a fair game. Call it both ways and that’s what 45-6 looks like.

Yea I'm kinda just saying I did truly want and expect them to shut down mahomes more than they managed.  Yes KC was getting away with alot of holding on our youngsters, so I'm disappointed for them.  As a Bills fan as long as I see the effort from all players wearing bills gear on the field then I'll always cheer for them.  I don't even mind so much the lopsided ref calls.  The nfl always overprotective of the top star players,  the good news is we have several players just joining the ranks of becoming the face of the league.  So we will start seeing some calls go our way more, though tbh I'm glad our players are more competitive than whiney looking for flags every time they don't make a play.  The refs may have turned a blind eye on some holding but our guy made sure the chiefs felt it when they tackled and their ol probably wore itself out earlier than was wise.  Once we pulled ahead they had less energy to continue to try manhandled our waves of fresh dl.  And groot I noticed shed a few holds to seal the edge on a few rushes.  

Overlooked on groot and bashem both just got to our training staff once they have a season or two of getting their strength up to nfl standards then good luck to ol trying to stop them.  So I expect they will improve just like Bruce Smith improved leaps and bounds after he got his body and strength to his peak, we could see similar jump in groot and bashem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 2

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I think I'll stay awake to watch GMFB, Key, Jay and Max. Have Mike Rob and J Will take a bow. Nap after our highlights then watch Get Up and listen to Greeny scream about our Bills. Watch Rex drool wishing he had Josh Allen as his QB. Then it's onto the crap on Fox

Looks like you have a pretty busy schedule 🙂

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I think I'll stay awake to watch GMFB, Key, Jay and Max. Have Mike Rob and J Will take a bow. Nap after our highlights then watch Get Up and listen to Greeny scream about our Bills. Watch Rex drool wishing he had Josh Allen as his QB. Then it's onto the crap on Fox

Why?

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Maybe Andy should spend more time with his DC on scheme than making up silly goal line plays that consist of pointless pre-snap shenanigans . 

But it looks so good on the Hi Lite reel  ;) 

Even when your blown out at home by 18 points ;) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.