10/10/21 Gameday SNF Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, BuffaninSarasota said:

I did watch it and fully understood what I saw. Clark did not pick him up, but he did somewhat drive Allen into the turf. That's probably why the call was made.

Definitely have desire to argue with you.

I don't think I have said he picked him up.  I have said that he drove Allen to the ground with full body weight.  I posted the rule right from the NFL rule book.  It's a good call.  The call on Oliver I felt was ticky tacky because he was pushed lower into the QB but I also accept that call because the refs can't see everything at full speed.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

Why? Herbert is pretty amazing right now

10 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Have you watched any of the Chargers games this year? Herbert is special. In the same way that Josh is special, that guy is incredible with his arm talent and, at 6’7”, the ability to actually move and run the ball. I am a homer, but I am an objective one and that guy is for real.

I totally agree. It was just more of a, "Jesus, Allen just out played Mahomes like 9 hours ago. Can we just have like, a moment". 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

by all means, please explain it.... 

no point in trying to argue subjective points of view

You're WRONG just plain wrong if your trying to say it not ruffing the passer...  that is why the flag was thrown....  and lets talk about the fantom holding call that took the first down away the play before on Mitch. there was a lot of bull crap calls last night but that ruffing call was valid. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Very interesting to see a DL, that didn't get any sacks, have such an impact on the game.  

Mahomes is elite throwing off platform on broken plays, but like most (even elite) QB's, he struggles when moved off his spot in the pocket while having to throw into tight windows, facing pressure. 

This DL, rushing 4, did that...all game.   Forced Mahomes to feel pressure and have to move off his drop, and then force throws into tight windows in the short and intermediate range.  

I'm not going to say the league has "figured" out Mahomes, because his offense has been tearing it up until they played us - but if you bracket Hill, beat up Kelce, and get pressure with 4, Mahomes suddenly becomes very mortal.   We saw this in two different ways with Tampa (sacks) and Buffalo (constant pressure).

I think the league has figured it out.  Its just that most teams don't have the players to pull it off.  Same with Baltimore.  They are figured out but others teams don't have the players.

• Like (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, JV14 said:

Watching some highlights with the closed captioning on this morning.  Think it was supposed to say "in the afc".  Pretty much sums up the night for KC.

2021-10-11-10-44-472021-10-11-10-44-47-724.jpg

While they would NEVER admit it, I think the Chiefs players would have to agree with the closed captioning.  😂

Edited by GaryPinC
  • Haha (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Have you watched any of the Chargers games this year? Herbert is special. In the same way that Josh is special, that guy is incredible with his arm talent and, at 6’7”, the ability to actually move and run the ball. I am a homer, but I am an objective one and that guy is for real.

Going forward its all about the monster QBs. Allen vs Herbert. PM gets an honourable mention.

5 minutes ago, gordong said:

it's one idiot....  most on finHeaven are very envious of us having josh.  which we totally get...   I think for most of us we are still like holy crap. 

Justin Herbert fell into their lap. Then he fell out again lol.

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Rousseau 5 tackles a sack and a INT

What a STEAL! 

Boogie making plays,Brown at RT and Williams RG have seriously improved an already good OL.

Top 3 picks having instant impact on a loaded roster to begin with.  

Another stellar draft and we're only in week 5 of their rookie season. 

Beane n Co are the gold standard for F.O's

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I totally agree. It was just more of a, "Jesus, Allen just out played Mahomes like 9 hours ago. Can we just have like, a moment". 

Yes we can Mango.  Coach McDermott gives the players (and the fans) 24 hours!

Then it's on to Tennessee staying "hungry and humble". 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

yes I agree, the officiating is bad all the way around; I've said for a long time that NCAA games are called better

It's because they let a lot more go, which I like in general because it keeps the flow of the game. But it could hurt many of the marquee skill players in the NFL which is what I assume the league is trying to avoid.

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Chiefs had ONE player from their 2021 draft in the lineup (Bolton).

Bills’ first three draft picks from 2021 all had major roles in this game, plus Star came back quicker and more impactful.

Humphrey and Smith are both rookies and were starting on OL for them...

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Apologies if already posted upthread, but man, this post game presser by Sanders prolly deserves its own thread--he basically admits that at times, he's a fan just like us, amazed at what Josh is capable of out there, "on a whole other level" than other QB's he's played for...

All the Josh love definitely brought a smile to my face :) 

The other noteworthy PC to me was Poyer/Hyde -  really was impressive to me.  They both, individually and together, just exuded calm, confidence and leadership.  I was watching it thinking - man we're in good hands on the back end of the D.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The roughing call was called by the rule. You can't drive the QB to the ground like that. The one on Ed Oliver on the other hand...

That's the Tom Brady rule, when Marcia got tackled in the pocket, hurt his knee, and got a rule put in by the next year.

14 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

There was a play, think it was a failed 4th down try where Poyer tipped it? Addison I think had a path to mahomes and instead just maintained his leverage to not let him escape to the side. Some with other end (Hughes?) 

End result, Mahomes had 8 seconds in the pocket. Yet, Buffalo’s zone shell held, mahomes tried to force it, turnover on downs.

That is some kind of defensive scheming.

On that play, Hughes was tackled by the OL, looked at the ref, got up and pressured the QB. It's a shame the refs fell asleep during the game. They missed a helluva game.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.