10/10/21 Gameday SNF Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

The Chiefs monkey is off our back.  We have a 2 game lead, and the tie breaker for home field.  

Lots to be happy about on both sides of the ball.  Defense was huge and the offense ran the ball and put up points.  Josh hit his deep throws. We won the turnover battle.   Special teams were fine.  We did it on the road in terrible weather, in a loud and hostile environment, and after a long rain delay.  

Penalties were about the only problem today.   We played aggressive coverage and got called a lot. 

Beane’s off season moves look to have moved us past KC.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Big win tonight! That’s the type of win that can make a team believe they’re true contenders. Shoot, I know that’s how it made me feel! 😁

I give a ton of credit to the Bills front office + coaching staff. They identified what this team needed to truly challenge Kansas City, then went out and accomplished their goals, even with very limited cap space and the 30th pick in every round.

Feels so good to have such a competent front office and coaching staff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

The Chiefs monkey is off our back.  We have a 2 game lead, and the tie breaker for home field.  

Lots to be happy about on both sides of the ball.  Defense was huge and the offense ran the ball and put up points.  Josh hit his deep throws. We won the turnover battle.   Special teams were fine.  We did it on the road in terrible weather, in a loud and hostile environment, and after a long rain delay.  

Penalties were about the only problem today.   We played aggressive coverage and got called a lot. 

Beane’s off season moves look to have moved us past KC.  

i don’t have a problem with the bills grabbing on defense today. There weren’t going to have a repeat of last year, and you could tell it really bothered the chiefs. Yeah, they got busted some, but I think it was a good calculated risk. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

This D is something....let me know how many teams keep the Chiefs at 20 in KC

It’s third fewest points scored for the Chiefs in the regular season since Mahomes took over. 

They lost 19-13 against the Colts in Week 5 of 2019. 

The won 17-14 against the Falcons in Week 16 of 2020. 

4th lowest total if you include the Super Bowl last year. 

2nd largest margin of victory against a Chiefs lead Mahomes team. The largest being the Super Bowl last year. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.