Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, y2zipper said:

Vet rest is a normal policy for NFL teams throughout the season as far as the injury report goes, especiallu on Tuesday and Wednesday. Some teams have a set day off for vets and it looks like Buffalo rotates through. Most of the time, guys are banged up and they report whatever injury issue there is because you have to report in the NFL. 

They don't need to practice as much as younger players do, so Friday and Saturday injury reports are a much better indicator of what will happen on Sunday.

Miscommunication here. I certainly understand vet rest during the week. This was in response to those who think we should rest a vet/some vets for the ACTUAL GAME, because the competition is deemed so inferior. THAT is what I'm taking exception to. Comprende?

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Miscommunication here. I certainly understand vet rest during the week. This was in response to those who think we should rest a vet/some vets for the ACTUAL GAME, because the competition is deemed so inferior. THAT is what I'm taking exception to. Comprende?

Gotcha there. Buffalo will play guys who are healthy.

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Boring

And you may be forgetting about the value of a dominant defense.

Both teams are on an even playing field, either way.

i guess I am still salivating over Josh’s two epic games last year in Arizona. Perfect weather conditions and I have never seen him look so good.

In any event, I will stop beating the dead horse of a dome because we all know it isn’t going to happen anyway— but how about a stadium with a little more protection from the wind? Can they at least give me that?!  😁

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i guess I am still salivating over Josh’s two epic games last year in Arizona. Perfect weather conditions and I have never seen him look so good.

In any event, I will stop beating the dead horse of a dome because we all know it isn’t going to happen anyway— but how about a stadium with a little more protection from the wind? Can they at least give me that?!  😁

True Josh Allen in a dome is just super fun to watch.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah.  They were playing defense at a high level going into the AFCCG last season.

But they were intimidated and beaten before they got off the bus that day(and to an extent in the earlier game with their play-not-to-lose gameplan).

It wouldn't have mattered what their defensive ranking was.

KC could have finished 15-1 if they needed to so they were going to get home field and a scared Bills team wasn't beating them.

I'm not sure if we were intimidated we used the gameplan on the chiefs that everyone uses on us and we got roasted by Travis kelce...likely would've happened to TB also if we didn't bang up kcs offensive line.  I dont think we had even a moderately healthy receiver for the afccg so our built to win shootouts team never really had a chance but im not sure intimidated is the reason why.

I'm not worried about these missing or potentially missing players.

Boettger shouldn't be too big a downgrade from Feliciano. It's not as if the Texans have a top tier D-line anyway.

On defense, there is a dropoff from Taron Johnson to Siran Neal at nickel, but I'm not worried about Davis Mills being able to exploit it very effectively. As for Poyer being out: We've been hearing for two seasons now how much the staff loves Jaquan Johnson and how he may be a candidate to start for this defense down the road. This is a big chance for him to show that he deserves more defensive looks and that he should be in the Bills' long term plans at the position, as opposed to just being a core special teamer.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kinda had a feeling Poyer would sit, didn't even know about Feliciano. I must have missed it. Anyways, if they have to miss a game, then this one is pretty much a good one to miss so hopefully be good to go when KC and Tenn roll around

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

'm not worried about these missing or potentially missing players.

Boettger shouldn't be too big a downgrade from Feliciano. It's not as if the Texans have a top tier D-line anyway.

On defense, there is a dropoff from Taron Johnson to Siran Neal at nickel, but I'm not worried about Davis Mills being able to exploit it very effectively

Johnson is out too? Didn't see that yet. First time today I had chance to check this board....