Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

It looks like the only other QB is Jeff Driskel who they signed a week ago.

Watson will not be active. 

I know, I was kinda joking. Driskel isn't even listed on their official roster. I guess the FO has more on their mind than keeping that list updated...

18 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Watson "Not Injury Related" ...oof.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He probably remembers the last time he was a 17 pt favorite

You can here want he said in the video.

Reporter: "You know when the bills came in there and they were 16 point underdogs..."
Diggs quietly: "beat the sh!t out of us"

https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloBills/videos/363831555525548

4:30 mark.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Jordan has to sit it will be interesting to see who replaces him.

Hamlin is next on the depth chart but Jaquan Johnson has more game experience.

Maybe Tremaine should play S considering he was the one that hurt Poyer.  Not sure if he’s physical enough to play safety though.  😈 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

It looks like the only other QB is Jeff Driskel who they signed a week ago.

Watson will not be active. 

I assume he intentionally misspelled the name to pretend it was different dude. 

29 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Uhhhh. Does Culley have them watching 2018 film? 

Josh only threw for 350 more yards than he ran for last week. Apparently the DB thinks he should throw for 400 more than running.

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't see any posts on the weather for Sunday.  In a word, "wet."  It's not supposed to be especially windy or cold, but a steady rain is expected.  Josh Allen has played in the rain, and shouldn't be bothered too much by it, but it's something to be aware of, and prepare for if the team can.  I can see making sure the balls are good and wet during practice the next couple of days.  I assume the equipment manager has a good handle on the best footwear for wet turf at the stadium.

On the other side of it, I doubt that Davis Mills or the Texans tend to play a lot of games in soggy conditions.  Mills played his college ball in sunny California.

4 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

To be fair, Pete Carroll got his defense prepared to stop the run against us last year.  I have no idea what some of these coaches think.

Josh three for a thousand yards and infinity touchdowns against the Seahawks, and Carroll literally said “we had a hell of a plan to stop their run game, I’ll tell you that!”.

It was one of my favorite things that’s ever happened.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

In this video is the prime reason why the Time to Throw stat is worthless.  I am tired of people bringing that stat up as if its some indicator how well our oline is doing.  The TD pass to Sanders Allen had the ball for almost 6 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, syhuang said:

A lot of key contributors for Houston listed here...granted they were playing Jacksonville, but Houston's offense looked their best when Amendola was healthy in Week 1. And Mitchell is a very average player IMO, but they need him back healthy, Houston will be desperate for all the CBs they can get on Sunday. 

I expect Reid, Britt, and Grugier-Hill to play, but will they be at 100%?

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Might be the only time in my life I beat you to the punch. Lol. Posted it in the previous page and said basically the same thing. Culley must have them watching 2018 film. 😂

It just showed up on my TL and I saw it was from 14 hours ago … I should have looked first but it’s so dumb it deserves to be posted twice 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Didn’t he play against him last year or no? Or was he traded from LAC before that game…

I don't know. If he did play against him last year then he should know Josh can play in the pocket and make all the throws.

11 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Dang. If only the Bills would’ve had the 4th rated defense last year to pair with the top offense. Likely super bowl champs.  

Nah.  They were playing defense at a high level going into the AFCCG last season.

But they were intimidated and beaten before they got off the bus that day(and to an extent in the earlier game with their play-not-to-lose gameplan).

It wouldn't have mattered what their defensive ranking was.

KC could have finished 15-1 if they needed to so they were going to get home field and a scared Bills team wasn't beating them.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

At least that was the week after the Pats game that we ran the ball alot.

Oh yeah you're right.   

...so they pick one game to study and...go! 😅

I dunno I'm always thinking these people are all like football savants, but they seem to just be regular dudes that have been around the sport for a while.  At the end of the day there's only so much time in a week to prepare.

10 hours ago, Logic said:

Josh three for a thousand yards and infinity touchdowns against the Seahawks, and Carroll literally said “we had a hell of a plan to stop their run game, I’ll tell you that!”.

It was one of my favorite things that’s ever happened.

To be fair Carroll may have been joking a bit.

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah.  They were playing defense at a high level going into the AFCCG last season.

But they were intimidated and beaten before they got off the bus that day(and to an extent in the earlier game with their play-not-to-lose gameplan).

It wouldn't have mattered what their defensive ranking was.

KC could have finished 15-1 if they needed to so they were going to get home field and a scared Bills team wasn't beating them.

Fair. They did improve a lot toward the end of last year. But, IMO, this defense has more of an edge about them this year. It’s obviously early, but playing more consistently and having a healthy Milano and better pass rushers will hopefully make the difference this time around. 🤞

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Did anyone use paper tickets last week?  We have paper tickets for this week's game and my brother is worried  if they will be accepted w/ new protocols

Edited by stevewin