Week 4: Texans at Bills

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Texans are a classic trap game with KC up next. I see a win but closer than it should be.

Looks like it's time for my annual "trap games don't exist" lesson.

There is NO historical difference in good teams' winning percentages against bad teams in the week before a supposedly "big" game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

There is NO historical difference in good teams' winning percentages against bad teams in the week before a supposedly "big" game.

Yeah, but folks around here really need something to wring their hands about.   It's just the TBD way.  🤪

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Yeah, but folks around here really need something to wring their hands about.   It's just the TBD way.  🤪

There's 2 decades of PTSD we're still working through. We're all thoroughly convinced this stretch of competence is a mirage and the rug is going to get pulled out from under us the second we let our guard down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have no worries about this team overlooking the next game, whenever or whoever it is. This is a very disciplined, humble, hungry team.

I do fully expect Daboll to install the QB sweep play again, though. I bet he is still livid that we didn't hit it when he called it in OT in the playoff game. It was the perfect play call at the perfect time, foiled only by the fact that 3 big guys couldn't block 1 DB. He *has* to want to try it again against this team.

Edited by Rubes
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, eball said:

It needs pinned at the beginning of every season

35 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

They can wring their hands over the game that takes place the night of 10/10 for 2 weeks

I could see this game being a little closer (i.e. not covering the 17 point spread) but it's still important for Allen and the defense to continue to 'fine tune' before we face the Chiefs who aren't going away despite their surprising slow start.

Titans have also rebounded strong after their disappointing opening day loss.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still hold a grudge against the Texans, even though most of that 2019 team is gone

I think I am finally in a place now where I can resist launching into a now well rehearsed tirade about section 2.7 of the dead ball code when some ####### tries to tell me that "common sense" prevailed at the beginning of the second half.  

53 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I have no worries about this team overlooking the next game, whenever or whoever it is. This is a very disciplined, humble, hungry team.

I do fully expect Daboll to install the QB sweep play again, though. I bet he is still livid that we didn't hit it when he called it in OT in the playoff game. It was the perfect play call at the perfect time, foiled only by the fact that 3 big guys couldn't block 1 DB. He *has* to want to try it again against this team.

With Knox waiting in the wings for a lateral.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I believe you but what "huge study" and how did this "huge study decided what was a trap game and what wasn't.  

Without a source or the actualk study  imo your comments dont provide any evidence at all.

As did the Texans including their best defender in Reid.

I posted about this quite a bit over the years as well as to the relevant study in Football Outsiders, should be able to find it in the search

I actually found the relevant link from 2017

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I think I am finally in a place now where I can resist launching into a now well rehearsed tirade about section 2.7 of the dead ball code when some ####### tries to tell me that "common sense" prevailed at the beginning of the second half.  

With Knox waiting in the wings for a lateral.

Hail Mary to Reggie Gilliam for good measure 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Rams beat the Buccaneers convincingly yesterday, but the Buccaneers are still ranked ahead of them?

Broncos are number 10 and the Raiders are number 18? I guess when you beat the likes of the Jaguars, Giants & Jets, then you are definitely a top 10 team.

No respect for the Chargers.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

We were certainly NEVER (in recent memory) a "trap" game for the Pats**.