Week 2 Around the NFL

HappyDays

Just now, Nelius said:

Is Derrick Henry creeping into the best ever RB conversation at this point? He's incredible. Clearly picking up where he left off last year which puts him on a 3 year stretch that I can't remember since maybe Terrell Davis?

No but he has to be one of the most freakish athletes on this planet. It's mind boggling how someone that size could move that fast. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Is Derrick Henry creeping into the best ever RB conversation at this point? He's incredible. Clearly picking up where he left off last year which puts him on a 3 year stretch that I can't remember since maybe Terrell Davis?

Terrell Davis was a product of a great oline.  Derrick Henry doesn't need an oline.  He's scary good.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

What’s the over/under on the number of games Urban Meyer coaches in Jacksonville?  This looks like a bad experiment for the Jags…

I bet he is out week 14 next year.  He has a history of quitting too.  He might just call it quits and go back to being an analyst.  

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

If I were Lamar right now if the Ravens offered 5 years 75mil w/ 20 guaranteed you run (which is his specialty BTW) and sign it. He's a great athlete but he's not a franchise QB.

Posted that one a little too early...  Jackson was brilliant in the second half. He hit throws all over the field to what was it 9 different guys and then carried the team down the stretch.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, 716er said:

Looks like Carr tore apart that Pittsburgh secondary. Interested in seeing those highlights tomorrow

Pittsburgh was playing them tough till Watt went out with a groin pull, they also lost DT Tyson Alualu real early so they did not have much of a rotation in the middle. They also lost Hayden and Bush to groin injuries on Friday so not really the same team we faced.

Injuries are part of the game, but the Raiders lucked out facing a much less daunting Pittsburgh defense and the personnel losses really showed in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 2

Sure looks like Derek Carr is actually very good when it comes to the Raiders talk as well. Easily good enough to keep them hanging around all year. And Darren Waller will put up Kelce like numbers this year again, he's a freak. I think the Raiders are legit as annoying as they are.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Sure looks like Derek Carr is actually very good when it comes to the Raiders talk as well. Easily good enough to keep them hanging around all year. And Darren Waller will put up Kelce like numbers this year again, he's a freak. I think the Raiders are legit as annoying as they are.

Every year with Carr and the Raiders and they always fade.. Maybe this is the year though. 

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Every year with Carr and the Raiders and they always fade.. Maybe this is the year though. 

Truth but I think a lot of this year's hype is due to the real Waller emergence. He's special. I've personally also always been a Kenyan Drake fan and now he's just hanging out catching 5 passes a game for them as well. Look like they hit on that Maxx Crosby kid. They could stir some things up 

Hunter Renfroe doesn't suck. Ruggs is contributing. Man for all of the early heat if they pan out could this mean Mayock knows what he's doing?

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Completely explains the Steelers game. 

I totally missed this today.   

Bush and Haden didn't play.  Were downgraded after practice Friday.  

And Watt left in the 2nd quarter (I knew about that)

Damn, that's a brutal day injury-wise..  

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/09/the-buffalo-bills-have-shut-out-just-2-teams-in-5-years-both-were-led-by-jacoby-brissett.html

Interesting factoid that both the Bills recent (last 5 years) shutouts have been against Brissett.

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

Carr is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.  He'll look really pedestrian like he did when they played us week 4, then really really good like he did when they drubbed the Chiefs in week 5.

It's worth noting that the Steelers were missing like, half their defense most of the game -  CB Haden, LB Bush, DE Alualu, DE TJ Watt in addition to Tuitt still on IR.   It's amazing how lowering the quality of the D improves the quality of the QB.

Steelers also lost Diontae Johnson on offense.  Bad day for injuries for the Steelers.  Ugh.

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Steelers suck…. They’ll be a .500 or so team. Ben is a corpse…. Bills should’ve never lost that game, but their offensive line and QB are struggling and the ST TD changed the game. 

Depends upon which defense the Steelers bring - the one we faced, or the one the Raiders faced (missing 3 starters going in, and 5 starters most of the game)

I was at the Harp in Boston with the local Backers. They had the Jets-Pats on a second TV screen. The Jets wasted a pretty good defensive effort in that loss. Mac Jones was nothing that special but he was better than Zach Wilson.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Steelers suck…. They’ll be a .500 or so team. Ben is a corpse…. Bills should’ve never lost that game, but their offensive line and QB are struggling and the ST TD changed the game. 

Setting aside the fact that the Bills got out-schemed in Week 1, the D players on the Steelers side are really good. They can really impact an opposing offense. BenR has adjusted to his advancing age/robocop body quite adequately. It will be interesting to see how his arm and shoulder hold up as the season wears on. They will need to go run-heavy but they evidently did not do so yesterday with Harris getting only 10 carries. If Tomlin does not change the run-pass ratio, their season will drop off at the half way mark

But, they dont suck. If I were to provide you a reference team for suckiness, Jets is the first candidate. 

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Suck is too strong a word, they are a middling team… probably .500 or so.

Here's a question, did you watch the Steelers/Raiders game? Cause watching it back now the game was very close, much like last weeks Bills game. The Steelers D was keeping the Raiders in check. The Raiders had zero running game and Derek Carr basically just took what they gave him outside of a long pass to Ruggs.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Nelius said:

IMO, he's a long ways off from best ever but he certainly is up there when talking about most feared RB's to go against.

14 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If GB gets blown out again tonight 

where do they rank on the Power Poll?

Not going to happen.  Has Rodgers ever lost to Detroit?

Edit: 

Rodgers has dominated the Lions throughout his career, leading the Packers to a 16-5 record in 21 games against Detroit. 

Color me surprised he last lost 5 times.  Don't get me wrong, watching Wilson, Rodgers, and Mahommes all lose in the same weekend would be fun..

Edited by wjag

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

The great merger of the two biggest offseason themes 

Ertz + Covid.. a marriage made in Two Bills Drive Heavan

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/20/eagles-place-zach-ertz-on-covid-19-list/

:)

You're a Bad Man(tm)

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

I feel like there are 2 ways to beat the chiefs;

Shoot out and you just hope they make a mistake near the end and you dont make mistakes. 

Or

Destroy them with pass rush ala the Bucs in the superbowl. You will need an unbelievable pass rush rotation AND good CBs and safeties. 

So which method did the Poe-Birds use?

12 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Here's a question, did you watch the Steelers/Raiders game? Cause watching it back now the game was very close, much like last weeks Bills game. The Steelers D was keeping the Raiders in check. The Raiders had zero running game and Derek Carr basically just took what they gave him outside of a long pass to Ruggs.

Raiders didn't get any bogus PI calls against them either