John Brown requested a release from the Raiders

CNY315

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

I wish Brown well. He was a good player, and teammate, while on the Bills.

I would agree. Had a nice TD dance as well.
after the injury he never got "it" back
Man could get over the top of most defenses

wish him the best :)

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Trufant??

Crossed my mind

Couple Vet corners released on the back end of career.

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

Josh Allen's Top 3 WRs in 2019:

#1 WR - John Brown. Can't even make the Raiders roster 2 years later! (pathetic)

#2 WR - Cole Beasley. UDFA slot-only complementary receiver.

#3 WR - He didn't even have one! His #3 receiving option was rookie TE Dawson Knox, who was downright brutal. 

^^^Bottom 5 weapons around Josh in 2019. 

Josh Allen's 2019 season is under-appreciated by the ignorant, false-narrative-creating media. He dragged a bottom-tier supporting cast to double-digit wins and the playoffs. Josh Allen's peers even ranked him #87 on the NFL Top 100 after 2019 - the guys who faced Allen recognized that he was clearly a good QB after his 2nd year, putting him in the Top 100. The narrative that JA was "bad" his 1st 2 years is the dumbest, laziest, most ignorant take that the lying media keeps pushing. They act like that garbage take/narrative is true when it clearly and factually is not.. 

There is so much truth in Bolded.

Even in 2018 when being as raw as he was and tossed into one of the worst O-lines and WR corps I ever seen, you could clearly see the insane raw skills there. He improved a ton in 2019 with a completely revamped O-line and WR corp. The media clowns just will not admit they were wrong so they say his 1st 2 season were horrible and disregard he is why we made the playoffs that year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Can he play Tight End ?

If he bulks up a bit…

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

32 X 3 = 96.  So you're saying that John Brown is not good enough to be a #3 on any NFL team?  We're just going to vehemently disagree on that.

My bad. I was thinking top 100 players. 

But now that I think about it in that context, Brown MIGHT be a top 100 WR. But I don't think he is a top 75 WR. MAYBE he is a #3 WR in this league at this point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

My bad. I was thinking top 100 players. 

But now that I think about it in that context, Brown MIGHT be a top 100 WR. But I don't think he is a top 75 WR. MAYBE he is a #3 WR in this league at this point.

We're close.  I think he is a 3 right now, but a slot guy that can stretch the field when healthy, and can play #2 in a pinch here and there.  He's a pretty versatile receiver, but he's got to be healthy.

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’d be a great fit in KC or GB imo.  Colts and Falcons could really use him.  

I’d prefer him in the NFC, to be honest. If he’s healthy, he can seriously hurt you. Especially against a “depth CB”.  

He gets downgraded for not being “available”, but I don’t want us to have to cover him when healthy in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Question… do veterans have offsets in their contracts like rookie deals do?  Kinda crazy the Raiders guaranteed him $3.2m and are gonna just let him walk without taking a regular season snap.  Makes more sense if the $3.2m can be offset by whatever he signs for with his next team.  If there are no offsets and he’s willing to play for under $2m this year, I’d bring him back to Bills and thank the raiders.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’d be a great fit in KC or GB imo.  Colts and Falcons could really use him.  

Every team you mentioned would absolutely improve by adding John Brown.

I hope it’s not KC. They already have enough weapons to defend. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Blasphemy. 

Asolutely disgusting comparison. 

Now don't hold back.  Tell us what you really think!

Antonio Brown should be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. A 3-level route-runner who can get open short, intermediate, and deep. Runs the entire route tree. In his prime, AB was the 1b to Julio Jones 1a as far as Best WR in the game.

He should and he was.  But to  use your own logic, he had a great year in 2018...one and two years later he struggled to make an NFL team 😜

John Brown is a one-speed runner, one-dimensional deep threat who can only run like 3 routes, and can't make contested catches at all. 

This is selling John Brown short. 

He could also make a contested catch

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/chopping-wood-touchdown-john-brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRT3fE4nlo0 (Gilmore = Toast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M96905O7H_8 (for example, 5:07 in - just after Renegade!)

It's a fair evaluation that he could be taken away by "sticky" or physical coverage, and in 2019 he also was not meticulous in how he ran every route or with the "toe drag swag".

But give the man his "propers".  He's not Stefon Diggs, but he's a good, smooth route runner, he has all the routes, and he did make contested catches at times.

It's truly incredible that just 2 years ago, John Brown was Josh Allen's #1 WR, and people acted like Josh had a good supporting cast (LMAO). The truth is, even in 2019 (Year 2), Josh Allen truly had one of the worst offensive supporting casts in the entire NFL. Bottom 5 in the league. 

This is just not true.  It was widely recognized that in acquiring Brown, Beasley, Morse and re-making the the OL, the Bills had significantly upgraded their offensive personnel.  They weren't top 5 in the league for personnel, and it's true they didn't have deep enough talent at WR

They weren't  anywhere close to bottom 5 in the league either.

Josh Allen's Top 3 WRs in 2019:

#1 WR - John Brown. Can't even make the Raiders roster 2 years later! (pathetic)

Because a player was good one year, does not mean he will be a good player 2 years later as talents decline with injury and age.  We all know that. "Past performance does not predict future results".  But a player is not as good now, 2 years later, is just as foolish an argument for downrating his performance of 2 years ago.

Josh Allen's 2019 season is under-appreciated by the ignorant, false-narrative-creating media. He dragged a bottom-tier supporting cast to double-digit wins and the playoffs. Josh Allen's peers even ranked him #87 on the NFL Top 100 after 2019 - the guys who faced Allen recognized that he was clearly a good QB after his 2nd year, putting him in the Top 100. The narrative that JA was "bad" his 1st 2 years is the dumbest, laziest, most ignorant take that the lying media keeps pushing. They act like that garbage take/narrative is true when it clearly and factually is not.

Take a damper.  Having a "take" you disagree with does not make someone "ignorant" "false narrative creating" or "lying".  Even more so a blanket statement about "the media".  There are a number of objective metrics where Josh in 2019 was not as good as he needed to be to become a "top" QB.  He had improved, and except for a few pundits on podcasts and click-bait sports shows like Nick Wright, most of the media fully acknowledged this.

The "false narrative creating" thing is also highly ironic coming from a guy who claims that 1) Brown, Bease etc were a bottom 5 in the league group in 2019.  They weren't and to argue they were, requires more than your assertion. 2) that because Brown just got cut in 2021, he couldn't really have been good 2 years earlier

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Billl said:

Don't be surprised if you see him October 10th.

I will be surprised.

If Brown wasn't happy being penciled in behind Waller, Edwards, Renfrow, and Ruggs not to mention Zay Jones, why would you think he'd be happy to be penciled in behind Kelce, Hill, Hardman, and Robinson?

Brown will have a market after September 12.  He mentioned before wanting to play for Pittsburgh.  I think the level of competition there might be lower.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I will be surprised.

If Brown wasn't happy being penciled in behind Waller, Edwards, Renfrow, and Ruggs not to mention Zay Jones, why would you think he'd be happy to be penciled in behind Kelce, Hill, Hardman, and Robinson?

Brown will have a market after September 12.  He mentioned before wanting to play for Pittsburgh.  I think the level of competition there might be lower.

Depending on the status of B'mores WR room, he could go there as well.  Hollywood Brown just got back to practice this week after missing most of TC.  He apparently pulled a hamstring.  John Brown could do spot duty until they get Bateman back.

31 minutes ago, wjag said:

Depending on the status of B'mores WR room, he could go there as well.  Hollywood Brown just got back to practice this week after missing most of TC.  He apparently pulled a hamstring.  John Brown could do spot duty until they get Bateman back.

I don't know how much market he'll have, but if he has a market, I would think he'd want to balance the depth of the WR room against the strength of the passing game.   But Brown probably still knows guys on the Ravens who can tell him whether that's developing.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I will be surprised.

I would think he would much prefer that. There is a gulf sixed distance from the Raiders to having Mahommes as your QB, Reid as your coach and a legit shot at the dance.

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Yeah, I cannot imagine he's not getting several calls.

Edited by foreboding
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, scuba guy said:

This just show what coach and bean have been establishing true team and commitment.

People will start to say go to buffalo where it about the brotherhood and great ownership.

Not the bowl cut owner

I'm sure it's more about targets amd opportunity.  That offense will run through Josh Jacobs and rightfully so.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chiefs need a legit WR2. Their depth behind tyreek is awful. 

Agreed. Their WR2 position is like the Bills' CB2 position. They always have a passable/decent player there, but they seem determined not to put a real threat there. I suppose Hardman could break out this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Isn’t it essentially the same group that ***** on the Bills defense in the championship game? 

Yeah, their #2 WR- Hardman- had 2 catches for 4 yards.  Unless you consider Pringle the #2, with his 3 catches for 22 yards.  Waves of difference makers...

8 hours ago, Logic said:

Agreed. Their WR2 position is like the Bills' CB2 position. They always have a passable/decent player there, but they seem determined not to put a real threat there. I suppose Hardman could break out this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes exactly - They can fix it and should. But the reason they don’t is because Kelce is their #1 option … if they get even a baseline replacement level guy at WR2, the rest of what they do is so good, they're fine. They just have to hope hill doesn’t get hurt. They had their chance this year. And last year. 

CC3453B0-F42F-41C2-803D-56C20E4495FB.jpeg

D4B2115F-A983-45FC-8270-693F9981EB19.jpeg

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1