Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

He died 13 years ago… 

Adam Sandler is the greatest comedian that ever lived. 

Not even close.

I can name a thousand comedians better than Sandler.

Eddie Murphy is funnier in his sleep than Sandler is awake.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s becoming a lost art, and definitely not for the better. Back on the original track though, I would really hate this trade. Here’s hoping Watson ends up in Carolina. 

It's a fine line to walk, I like Daniel Tosh and his whole stick is that he's just the worst sort of human and so he says terrible things.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's a fine line to walk, I like Daniel Tosh and his whole stick is that he's just the worst sort of human and so he says terrible things.

It is, and that’s the genius. As for Tosh, I’ve only seen a few things and didn’t care for it. Wasn’t my thing, but wasn’t offended by it. Maybe haven’t seen enough to give him his due. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It is, and that’s the genius. As for Tosh, I’ve only seen a few things and didn’t care for it. Wasn’t my thing, but wasn’t offended by it. Maybe haven’t seen enough to give him his due. 

“Kiffin’s Krimson Corner” is a classic. Especially because he looks so much like him.

ironically Tosh is a huge Dolphins fan

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I hope a new suitor for Watson emerges or the deal falls through. Bills deserve to rule the East for awhile.

Miami has the picks that Houston would want plus you throw in Tua in package. *****in stupid on Miami’s part but not surprising to say the least. Eagles and Panthers pulled out leaving Miami the only one

7 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Carlin and Murphy funnier than Sandler? 

No way. Not even same ballpark. 

Sandler was fired from SNL in the 90’s, as was Norm McDonald.

McDonald > Sandler.

Farley > Sandler.

Rob Schneider in The Animal > Sandler.

and that’s just 90’s SNL.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Your joke rests on the basis that it's funny for men to physically overpower women. That's a serious crime, and the repercussions of living through a sexual assault can last for the rest of a victim's life. 

I suggest editing it out. 

No, the joke rests on the basis that anyone in management of the Dolphins would consider bringing a sexual predator to a place that would make him more likely to continue such behavior.  

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is.. by a lot of people's opinions..

The greatest comedian of all time 

Solidly in like everybody's top five if you are history of comedy

And He made rape jokes... And plenty off highly controversial jokes

And those jokes are still funny AF.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Miami is a great place for a sexual predator to do his thing.

Lots of beautiful women down there.

Seriously though, should this guy be allowed to take a single snap in the NFL again?

My dream is that the phins trade all their assets for the guy, wreck Tua’s confidence, then the FBI investigation makes the whole thing a catastrophic trade for Miami. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is.. by a lot of people's opinions..

The greatest comedian of all time 

Solidly in like everybody's top five if you are a student of comedy

And He made rape jokes... And plenty of highly controversial jokes

I am a student of British comedy. I don't know anything about American comedians but I will youtube some of his stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is one way it is over - that he is found guilty at a criminal trial. Otherwise he will play in the league again. 

I'd rather it wasn't in Miami.

You may be right. I could certainly see the NFL playing forgive and forget given the star status.  However, I think he is unlikely to play this year and time works against him greatly.  Society in general will be less likely to play forgive and forget and this will be a problem for Miami, as will throwing Tua under the bus by making the trade.  Suppose they make the trade, and have to wait x months or a year for Watson to play.  What happens to team chemistry and what ever shtick Flores is trying to run there.?  Disaster in my opinion.  Bring it on.   

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am a student of British comedy. I don't know anything about American comedians but I will youtube some of his stuff. 

He literally spanned liked 4 decades so he has tons of material 

Jammin in NY is a good special from the 90s 

Carlin at Carnegie in 82 is a good one  

He's had a few duds over the years but when you're doing it for 40 years at a high level it's hard to keep it up

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He literally spanned liked 4 decades so he has tons of material 

Jammin in NY is a good special from the 90s 

Carlin at Carnegie in 82 is a good one  

He's had a few duds over the years but when you're doing it for 40 years at a high level it's hard to keep it up

Yep. I think Rickles is even better, but stay away from him GB.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, FLFan said:

You may be right. I could certainly see the NFL playing forgive and forget given the star status.  However, I think he is unlikely to play this year and time works against him greatly.  Society in general will be less likely to play forgive and forget and this will be a problem for Miami, as will throwing Tua under the bus by making the trade.  Suppose they make the trade, and have to wait x months or a year for Watson to play.  What happens to team chemistry and what ever shtick Flores is trying to run there.?  Disaster in my opinion.  Bring it on.   

Oh he almost certainly isn't playing this year. I take the point about what do you do for Tua's psyche if you trade for Watson now fully in knowledge you still need Tua to play this season. Still coaches and GMs come and go. I'd much rather Miami not have Watson for the next decade than not have Flores as coach. I think the Bills would still have the better QB even Watson is in Miami but having to beat him twice every year over beating a rolling cast of Tua types I know which I am taking. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Oh he almost certainly isn't playing this year. I take the point about what do you do for Tua's psyche if you trade for Watson now fully in knowledge you still need Tua to play this season. Still coaches and GMs come and go. I'd much rather Miami not have Watson for the next decade than not have Flores as coach. I think the Bills would still have the better QB even Watson is in Miami but having to beat him twice every year over beating a rolling cast of Tua types I know which I am taking. 

I mean this is the team that kept pulling him for Fitz. I mean Tua has never won his job at this point the guy that beat him and they turned to when he couldn't do it got sent away.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean this is the team that kept pulling him for Fitz. I mean Tua has never won his job at this point the guy that beat him and they turned to when he couldn't do it got sent away.

Well quite, and if we only worry about this year sure it would be fun to see Tua fail and the team morale collapae under the weight of knowing the QB is just keeping the seat warm. But my point was while it might bring an end to Flores and Grier's reign and make the Dolphins a steaming mess in 2021... in the long term them having a top 5 QB is worse for Buffalo than them not having a top 5 QB but being a united, tough, playoff contending team in 2021.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Well quite, and if we only worry about this year sure it would be fun to see Tua fail and the team morale collapae under the weight of knowing the QB is just keeping the seat warm. But my point was while it might bring an end to Flores and Grier's reign and make the Dolphins a steaming mess in 2021... in the long term them having a top 5 QB is worse for Buffalo than them not having a top 5 QB but being a united, tough, playoff contending team in 2021.

True I have to think teams don't want to move on him now for a year he's not even going to play.

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Your joke rests on the basis that it's funny for men to physically overpower women. That's a serious crime, and the repercussions of living through a sexual assault can last for the rest of a victim's life. 

I suggest editing it out. 

No one with a daughter would ever make a joke like that

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good point.   I guess I am more concerned about the next two or three years, including this one.  Lots can happen in the longer horizon.  I am still betting Watson is effectively done though.  😎

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure they become any of those teams.  I was worried about this happening well before the accusations.  Not anymore.  Everything has changed.  

Let's just assume the charges turn into a settlement no conviction or but an 8 game suspension at best...........you dumped a high end talent in the top 10, a high character guy everyone in Miami wants to see succeed for a garbage human that in addition to the allegations, contributed to the collapse of the Texans because he was mad about the GM hire.  

I'm sure this ends well with him hoisting a Lombardi.  

Edited by Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm not sure they become any of those teams.  I was worried about this happening well before the accusations.  Not anymore.  Everything has changed.  

Let's just assume the charges turn into a settlement no conviction or but an 8 game suspension at best...........you dumped a high end talent in the top 10, a high character guy everyone in Miami wants to see succeed for a garbage human that in addition to the allegations, contributed to the collapse of the Texans because he was mad about the GM hire.  

I'm sure this ends well with him hoisting a Lombardi.  

I didn't suggest it would end in that way. Just that it is the least good outcome from a Bills perspective. 

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Why would anyone let this pig on their team? Watson is pond scum.

Because sadly NFL teams are not great moral guardians. I wouldn't want him on my team but unless he is found guilty in criminal court some team will take him.

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

This ^^^ 

Im sure the female fan base are getting in line  to buy his jersey 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Has the NFL ever allowed 'pick protections' on a trade?   I know they've allowed conditional picks based on starts, playing time etc.

But based on suspension or criminal prosecution?

That would, IMO, NOT be a good look for the "Shield"

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Or at least, accused of being pond scum.

I think it goes to show in the NFL that ultimately, Talent overrides Character.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because sadly NFL teams are not great moral guardians. I wouldn't want him on my team but unless he is found guilty in criminal court some team will take him.

Yeah Michael Vick got to play again.

I mean dogs aren't people obviously but still.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think this trade is likely something in place for the 2022 season. It just doesn’t make sense for any team to trade 5 picks in the first two rounds plus likely other assets for a QB who is under federal investigation and is possible that they won’t play any time soon.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think this trade is likely something in place for the 2022 season. It just doesn’t make sense for any team to trade 5 picks in the first two rounds plus likely other assets for a QB who is under federal investigation and is possible that they won’t play any time soon.

Miami has the ammo for the trade

id think Tua would be going back in the deal.  This also affects the pieces in the deal.  Some of it will be contingent on him not getting suspended by the league.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Has the NFL ever allowed 'pick protections' on a trade?   I know they've allowed conditional picks based on starts, playing time etc.

But based on suspension or criminal prosecution?

That would, IMO, NOT be a good look for the "Shield"

Or at least, accused of being pond scum.

I think it goes to show in the NFL that ultimately, Talent overrides Character.

well a suspension or a situation where he’s placed on the exempt list would both by definition affect his playing time so I assume whoever is trying to trade for him and seeking those conditions is looking at it that way.