Travis Etienne out for the season

YoloinOhio

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He didn't look like an impact player anyways, didn't hear any reports of him popping in camp. 

He wasn't going to be used as the workhorse to replace Robinson. 

By far the worst pick of the first round

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills proved that in 2010 taking Spiller, taking a running back in the first round and making them a gadget player with no consistent workload.  

I actually thought of spiller last night when they said urban wasn’t sure how he was going to use etienne but just wanted him. Ok then good 1st rd pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bummer. Wouldnt have happened if he had been drafted by the Bills!

Correct.  He would be away from the facility for 5 days because of close contact.

Seems to be the theme of the day.... 😉

Also glad I havn't had my fantasy draft yet.

20 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Taking a RB in the first is one thing... but trading up!? That's absurd 😆

They didn't trade up for him.  The draft pick was the Rams 1st round pick that was traded during the 2019 season to Jacksonville as part of the Ramsey to LA trade.  

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As absurd as taking DEs with your 1st AND 2nd picks, after you just took one with your first pick in the last draft! :thumbsup:

Actually I LOVE the fact that the Bills #2 priority after finding a franchise QB is to try and build a devastating D-Line.

It's the second most important position group on the field, imo.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As absurd as taking DEs with your 1st AND 2nd picks, after you just took one with your first pick in the last draft! :thumbsup:

Sure... 2 DE's play on any given play - sometimes more.  Both starters are 33+.  Its also a more in-demand and impactful position in terms of wins and losses. 

They also have only drafted 1 DE since McD arrived, and that was in the 7th.  Pass rushers are also expensive on their 2nd deal, so the goal being to get cheaper at that position in the next 3-4 seasons.

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They didn't trade up for him.  The draft pick was the Rams 1st round pick that was traded during the 2019 season to Jacksonville as part of the Ramsey to LA trade.  

The implication was that Buffalo should have drafted him - but they were never able to since he was drafted before buffalo picked at #30.  So it would have required a trade-up to get a running back.

Edited by dneveu

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Actually I LOVE the fact that the Bills #2 priority after finding a franchise QB is to try and build a devastating D-Line.

It's the second most important position group on the field, imo.

Absolutely agreed. Doesnt make any less "crazy" of a move, especially when it went down in real time. Drafting anything back to back to back like that will raise eyebrows, just for the unlikelihood of it.

7 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Sure... 2 DE's play on any given play - sometimes more.  Both starters are 33+.  Its also a more in-demand and impactful position in terms of wins and losses. 

They also have only drafted 1 DE since McD arrived, and that was in the 7th.  Pass rushers are also expensive on their 2nd deal, so the goal being to get cheaper at that position in the next 3-4 seasons.

The implication was that Buffalo should have drafted him - but they were never able to since he was drafted before buffalo picked at #30.  So it would have required a trade-up to get a running back.

Yall... it's mostly jokes from me here. Dont get too upset because I neglected to use other goofy emojis in my post.

While I would not have been upset with ETN, or even trading up from 30 to 20s for him (no higher), I love our picks too.

26 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills proved that in 2010 taking Spiller, taking a running back in the first round and making them a gadget player with no consistent workload.  

The Bills drafted 4 1st round RBs in 14 drafts from 1997-2010.  Only Lynch was worth it & Nix & Gailey drove him out of town beause they didn't like him & his off the field problems.  So they drafted Spiller & totally devalued Lynch's trade value.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Sucks for Etienne. I know he had numerous TSW fanboys. Looks like Lawrence's comfort level just took another shot. 

I was one of them...that is two players I wanted the Bills to get(Carl Lawson was the other) that are now done for the year prior to even playing a game for their team...

But that James Robinson pick in my dynasty draft in round 7 looks a LOT better now...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The Bills drafted 4 1st round RBs in 14 drafts from 1997-2010.  Only Lynch was worth it & Nix & Gailey drove him out of town beause they didn't like him & his off the field problems.  So they drafted Spiller & totally devalued Lynch's trade value.  

Chan wanted his "waterbug". 

Spiller got 74 total carries in 2010, and was down to 3.3 touches/game in 2011 until Fred got hurt. 

I've never seen anything like it. 

No plan whatsoever. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Absolutely agreed. Doesnt make any less "crazy" of a move, especially when it went down in real time. Drafting anything back to back to back like that will raise eyebrows, just for the unlikelihood of it.

Yall... it's mostly jokes from me here. Dont get too upset because I neglected to use other goofy emojis in my post.

While I would not have been upset with ETN, or even trading up from 30 to 20s for him (no higher), I love our picks too.

Not upset.  It is a strange strategy.  Especially to draft them in what many considered weaker drafts at the position.  I like that they went with the upside of rousseau's athleticism, to go with epenesa and basham who probably project as lower ceiling players.  I also think basham may have been more of a BPA type of situation, as the corners went off the board before they could land one.  

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry for the kid.  That really is too bad.  I hate hearing sarcasm not there was a lot here about a kid just out of college out before his first NFL game.  I hope he heals and can help his team next year.

I can’t imagine you prepare for 21 years of you’re life for you’re dream come true in the NFL, and almost never hurt in college, and BAM out for the year.

if it were my son I’d be heartbroken for him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Spiller got 74 total carries in 2010, and was down to 3.3 touches/game in 2011 until Fred got hurt. 

No plan whatsoever. 

I know - like every olineman taken after that was a stud too.  Thomas or Bryant.  JPP... Just a totally strange pick.  

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Travis Etienne out for the season
22 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No plan whatsoever. 

Waterbug all right...47 yards rushing, 417 if you factor in the N-S yardage.  Also good for a drop or two.  'C.J. Spill'em'. 🤨

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually thought of spiller last night when they said urban wasn’t sure how he was going to use etienne but just wanted him. Ok then good 1st rd pick. 

Perfect mentality of a high level D1 coach who just collects recruits and then figures out who is actually going to play after the fact. This ain't college Urban.