Overreaction Saturday…whatcha got after BUF/DET?

eball

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Tommy Sweeney has a better chance at making this team then people think

He kinda reminded me of Lee Smith, and that's not an insult. He's not fast-- a bit lumbering. He's not going to juke any CBs. But, color commentators aren't going to refer to him as "blocking tight end Tommy Sweeney," the way they did with Lee Smith.

WGR Caller:

"Yeah guys, long time first time here. Hey, I was thinking, after watching Fromm make that comeback at the end of the game... is Josh really a 4th Qtr QB? Or is it all just Dabol's system? Did we just waste $250M? I'll hang up and listen. Thanks."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

WGR Caller:

"Yeah guys, long time first time here. Hey, I was thinking, after watching Fromm make that comeback at the end of the game... is Josh really a 4th Qtr QB? Or is it all just Dabol's system? Did we just waste $250M? I'll hang up and listen. Thanks."

Lollll he was dead serious as well?..

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

WGR Caller:

"Maybe we platoon them?"

Watching these pre season broadcasts makes me appreciate John Murphy a bit more. I mean, Murph can get annoying, but listening to some of these other teams broadcasters, they sound like interns. Some of them are so Homer it's un listenable 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Watching these pre season broadcasts makes me appreciate John Murphy a bit more. I mean, Murph can get annoying, but listening to some of these other teams broadcasters, they sound like interns. Some of them are so Homer it's un listenable 

Minnesota's play-by-play guy is very entertaining

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8ab91b37182620c10e8aa144f82a14d2.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Fromm looked like someone who’s never played a minute of professional football in his first start with 3rd and 4 string offensive lineman. He warrants a chance with a decent line in front of him, he should be given a chance to perform not worry about his life. He may be nothing, but evaluating him under these conditions doesn’t show much.

I live in Atlanta and have 2 kids at UGA so I get to see a lot of their games. When you give Fromm the things you reference its really obvious that he's still the weak link. Even the desperation 4th throw last night doesn't make we want to give him a roster spot. There is just too much talent currently that I'd prefer on the 53 

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Arizona's color guy wasn't a total homer, either. Also an entertaining listen.

Not all of them are, but some can be kinda cringe worthy. Chris brown can get this way sometimes when he says stuff on one bills live sometimes 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Tommy Sweeney has a better chance at making this team then people think

Sweeney looked very good in his rookie campaign too. He simply needs to stay healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Lollll he was dead serious as well?..

I embellished a bit for entertainment, but yeah, I flipped it on this morning and caught something like that being discussed. Think it was more along the lines of "how much of it is Josh vs how much of it is Dabol's system?". I turned it right off before it got any farther.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I live in Atlanta and have 2 kids at UGA so I get to see a lot of their games. When you give Fromm the things you reference its really obvious that he's still the weak link. Even the desperation 4th throw last night doesn't make we want to give him a roster spot. There is just too much talent currently that I'd prefer on the 53 

We likely cut him and stash him on the PS this year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

Bobby Hart may be the worst sports player ever

Worse than Mike Williams?

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

McKenzie is not getting cut because he failed to catch one low percentage ball on a poor throw from Mitch.

Yet he wasn't great in returning kicks either. I like Isiah don't get me wrong but Stevenson is cheaper under contract longer and might be a better be better return man. Isiah isn't a lock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Yet he wasn't great in returning kicks either. I like Isiah don't get me wrong but Stevenson is cheaper under contract longer and might be a better be better return man. Isiah isn't a lock.

He wasn't but to put a little context into it, the KR he had he stumbled and looked to me if he didn't he had a chance for a big return.

Re-watch that it you can and see what you think.

The PR was a 66 yard boomer he had to run back for and the coverage boxed him in.  

Let's see what next week brings.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

He wasn't but to put a little context into it, the KR he had he stumbled and looked to me if he didn't he had a chance for a big return.

Re-watch that it you can and see what you think.

The PR was a 66 yard boomer he had to run back for and the coverage boxed him in.  

Let's see what next week brings.

I won't throw him out after one week but again don't think any WRs besides Diggs, Beasley and Sanders are guaranteed a spot on our 53.

Welp, I dunno about the rest of youse but man oh man this Tyler Bass kid…yeah, like, he made his field goals and his extra point but uh…on a few of those kicks he was like a good foot or two from dead center. I don’t think he makes this team. Can’t kick it dead center every time, needs to go.

Obviously I’m being facetious but I swear those are the expectations some people will have. Player has a great game and there’s always one that’s like mehhh he ran for 300 yards and 11 touchdowns but he didn’t tie his shoe on a 2nd down in the fourth quarter, kids a bust. 

23 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Worse than Mike Williams?

Reports out of camp have said McKenzie has been the best returner by far, apparently both Stevenson and Powell have muffed some punts. Stevenson had a really bad one, dropped it with absolutely no one around him and failed to recover it. 

McKenzie isn’t going anywhere. Daboll loves him and dials up all sorts of fun plays for him. Stevenson can chill on the PS for the year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1