Bills v. Lions 8/13/21 Game Balls

Jake Fromm - nice comeback for the win after doing nothing in the 2nd half

Davis Webb - showed everything I want in a 3rd QB, led the only TD drive by the Bills

Motor Singletary - Looked ready for the season, happy if we don't see him again until opening day

Greg Rousseau - Looked dominant, came up with key sack early

Andre Smith - All over the field, great INT called back by penalty

Jaquan Johnson - solid in the secondary, pushing hard for 3rd/4th CB safety

Who ya got?

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Davis Webb - showed everything I want in a 3rd QB, led the only TD drive by the Bills

Motor Singletary - Looked ready for the season, happy if we don't see him again until opening day

Jaquan Johnson - solid in the secondary, pushing hard for 3rd/4thy CB

Who ya got?

J-Johnson is a safety not a CB, fair list overall. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Jaquan Johnson - solid in the secondary, pushing hard for 3rd/4th CB

Who ya got?

I think I'd give that more to Stevenson than Fromm guy looked pretty limited out there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Still had to deliver the ball on target.  Given how he looked all 2nd half, I have to give it up to him.

Yeah you can't take it away from him but it was essentially all he did. Stevenson did alright on returns and had another nice reception.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

Singletary

Rousseau

Bass

Wallace

Ford

Andre Smith

Giles-Harris

Matakevich

I'm going to give my first ever anti-game ball to Bobby Hart. I am so sorry that Joe Burrow had to play with this guy. If Dawkins isn't ready for week 1 I might consider starting Trubisky until he's back. It's that bad.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

Singletary looks faster stronger, and more motivated. He's hitting the hole hard instead of stutter-stepping repeatedly behind the line.

After tonight I am very confident that Andre Smith could step in for Edmunds or Milano and play well.

For a guy I knew little about heading into this game, Josh Thomas stood out with some key stops.

I am not confident in any of our backup offensive tackles. Hart, Brown and Doyle got beat badly by the pass-rush and forced our qbs to get the ball out before routes could develop.

McCloud had a PI penalty (that shouldn't have been called) but looked solid in pass coverage. 

Rousseau's reach looks so long he could sack a qb from the bench.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Fromm was good tonight!

Really? Game got so sloppy it did not look like NFL so I stopped watching.

He did nothing remarkable as far I saw when I changed channel.

He seemed to be interacting with dregs which were not even as good as players he was working as bubble boy.

Honestly? The one thing that stood out to me the most was our DL. Just seemed like through all four quarters of the game that they consistently brought it. We have very good depth here all across the board.

Tyler Matakevich and Andre Smith to me looked awesome, if not very good. Seems like we have good depth behind Edmunds, Milano and Klein, so I feel pretty good about this unit as well.

Davis Webb I thought looked good. Surprisingly athletic and he seems like an okay backup. I would rather have him than Fromm.

Singletary was very good, and I’d rather have Antonio Williams than Breida.

Edited by Victory Formation
  • Like (+1) 2

As far as Fromm, once he got a little protection (Both tight ends were in) he seemed a lot better. I'm not ready to pull the plug on him yet. #47 was all over the field thought he played well. Elimating dumb penalties and this game would not have been that close.

• Like (+1) 2

Stock up: Rousseau, Epenesa, Horrible Harry, Andre Smith, Matakevitch, Josh Thomas, Devin Singletary, Bam Johnson 

Stock down: Entire offensive tackle room, Olaijah Griffin, Duke Williams, Dane Jackson 

Load him into a cannon and fire him into the sun, never to be heard from again: Bobby Hart

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Stock up: Rousseau, Epenesa, Horrible Harry, Andre Smith, Matakevitch, Josh Thomas, Devin Singletary, Bam Johnson 

Stock down: Entire offensive tackle room, Olaijah Griffin, Duke Williams, Dane Jackson 

Load him into a cannon and fire him into the sun, never to be heard from again: Bobby Hart

I will defend the Duke a little, looked like a catch to me.

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Did Efe Obada play today.  I don't see him in anyone's reference 

GB hsa to go to Bass for two clutch kicks....This guy is GOLD

Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfe

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Did Efe Obada play today.  I don't see him in anyone's reference 

GB hsa to go to Bass for two clutch kicks....This guy is GOLD

He was on the field a lot, actually. It looked like he was able to get a decent amount of pressure.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Jaquan Johnson - solid in the secondary, pushing hard for 3rd/4th CB safety

Who ya got?

Phillips is really who had the first sack accredit to Groot....

28 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I will defend the Duke a little, looked like a catch to me.

Agreed.

It's just that to me, Duke is a roster longshot. He doesn't contribute on special teams, so he really needs to dominate his reps on offense if he wants to make the team. I didn't feel like he necessarily did that tonight. Same with Hodgins.

In fairness to Duke, though, I agree that the sideline "incompletion" looked like a catch, and he also roasted his defender in the 4th quarter but Fromm overthrew him. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed.

It's just that to me, Duke is a roster longshot. He doesn't contribute on special teams, so he really needs to dominate his reps on offense if he wants to make the team. I didn't feel like he necessarily did that tonight. Same with Hodgins.

In fairness to Duke, though, I agree that the sideline "incompletion" looked like a catch, and he also roasted his defender in the 4th quarter but Fromm overthrew him. 

I'm as big a Duke fan as anyone, but Kumerow is a better 6th, and Diggs, Davis, Beas, Sanders, and McKittrick are 1-5.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Singletary looks faster stronger, and more motivated. He's hitting the hole hard instead of stutter-stepping repeatedly behind the line.

After tonight I am very confident that Andre Smith could step in for Edmunds or Milano and play well.

For a guy I knew little about heading into this game, Josh Thomas stood out with some key stops.

I am not confident in any of our backup offensive tackles. Hart, Brown and Doyle got beat badly by the pass-rush and forced our qbs to get the ball out before routes could develop.

McCloud had a PI penalty (that shouldn't have been called) but looked solid in pass coverage. 

Rousseau's reach looks so long he could sack a qb from the bench.

Agree, Hart & Brown struggled. Stevenson looked better on returns. And Devin looked more like the confidence of year 1.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a little surprised by everyone talking up Stevenson. Other than the one catch, what did he do to impress everyone so much?

I felt bad for Fromm getting the snot beat out of him whenever he dropped back. Pretty sure he was hit on every single completion.

It took some guts knowing that his LT was picking dandelions instead of blocking and there was a 100% chance he would get creamed every pass play. I'd like to see more.

He did not show well, but who would with Hart blocking for you? Hart practically propelled defenders towards the QB, like gave them a boost...

Nice last drive for Fromm, though.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm a little surprised by everyone talking up Stevenson. Other than the one catch, what did he do to impress everyone so much?

I felt bad for Fromm getting the snot beat out of him whenever he dropped back. Pretty sure he was hit on every single completion.

It took some guts knowing that his LT was picking dandelions instead of blocking and there was a 100% chance he would get creamed every pass play. I'd like to see more.

He did not show well, but who would with Hart blocking for you? Hart practically propelled defenders towards the QB, like gave them a boost...

Nice last drive for Fromm, though.

I wouldn't give Stevenson a game ball, but he came through on that last drive, as did Fromm.

My only criticism was that after Stevenson made that big 4th down reception, he got up and started celebrating when he should have been getting back to the line for the next play. Pay attention to the clock!

Overall, I'd like to see Stevenson get more chances.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Giles-Harris

Matakevich

I'm going to give my first ever anti-game ball to Bobby Hart. I am so sorry that Joe Burrow had to play with this guy. If Dawkins isn't ready for week 1 I might consider starting Trubisky until he's back. It's that bad.

GH was ballin 

So glad I don't have to make the cuts lots of guys showed they can play in this league.

You beat me to the mention good choice

I had to laugh when Webb scrambled......... it surprised the Catatonic and Tasker.

My question is how?

We have all seen the video's of Webb racing Josh and Webb winning...yet no mention in the broadcast.

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 1