Miami trading Shaq Lawson to Texans

I just saw this on FB and all I read first was "Houston and Miami have a deal:" I screamed "F********K!!!" at the top of my lungs making both the dog and cat run for their lives....... Then I realized it wasn't for Watson and was like, "Oh, well that's useless." :lol:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12

Feel bad for Shaq. Imagine moving to Miami then being traded after a year to an abysmal Texans team. 

Not worried about 'pro-bowl McKinney.' He didn't help an abysmal run and pass defence in Houston last year. Not every pro bowler is must have, hello Trai Turner.

Grier should be careful. He doesn't want a reputation of immediately dumping new signings as he has Van Noy and Lawson and maybe Tua? Loyalty and stability is a thing.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Weird that Miami signed both him and  van noy last year in FA, had no change in defensive coaches/scheme or GM, and already moving on from both. 

I know right. 

And they signed them with the expectation that they'd be contributing starters for a few years. 

Not a good look for their GM. 

So now the Texans have given the Dolphins 2 first round draft choices including the  the #3 this year plus a second round pick for Tunsil and now pick up a pro bowl linebacker in exchange for a scrub DE they over paid for in FA last year.  I almost feel like the Texans owner lost a massive poker bet to the Owners of the Cardinals and Dolphins.  Both teams are way better now because of the Texans.

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So basically he's Tremaine Edmunds?

Lol. Tre really came on in the 2nd half of the year and I thought it improved our whole defense.  

We were top 3 in most major categories in the 2nd half of the season. 

He ended the season on a bad note but thats a brutal task trying to guard Kelce and not bite on PA . I think Tre will end up reaching his potential,  works too hard not to

41 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Feel bad for Shaq. Imagine moving to Miami then being traded after a year to an abysmal Texans team. 

Not worried about 'pro-bowl McKinney.' He didn't help an abysmal run and pass defence in Houston last year. Not every pro bowler is must have, hello Trai Turner.

Grier should be careful. He doesn't want a reputation of immediately dumping new signings as he has Van Noy and Lawson and maybe Tua? Loyalty and stability is a thing.

meh, he shoulda stayed here and won instead of chasing cheddar. I like him, but guys that chase money instead of considering where their value is/what situation gives them the best chance to succeed and win usually end up dealing with situations like this. 

• Like (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Shaq shouldn’t have left Buffalo. He’d have a better chance getting a ring if he stayed vs chasing the money. Now he’s going to a ***** team that’s in full rebuild mode

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

meh, he shoulda stayed here and won instead of chasing cheddar. I like him, but guys that chase money instead of considering where their value is/what situation gives them the best chance to succeed and win usually end up dealing with situations like this. 

And then they get cut because that team sucks, so they really never end up seeing all the money.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Lol. Tre really came on in the 2nd half of the year and I thought it improved our whole defense.  

We were top 3 in most major categories in the 2nd half of the season. 

He ended the season on a bad note but thats a brutal task trying to guard Kelce and not bite on PA . I think Tre will end up reaching his potential,  works too hard not to

Matt Milano got healthy. That was why.

That’s why Beane gave him $44M. Jane Edmunds was a negative value player out there without Matty.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

And then they get cut because that team sucks, so they really never end up seeing all the money.

yep. I’m not ever gonna fault a guy for getting the bag he can when he can. But I don’t feel compelled to feel sorry when chasing said bag leads to the player being unhappy/negative career things happening.

If I leave a job I love with great coworkers and an environment that helps me be the best version of myself where I’m making 45k a year and I go across town and take a job at 50k where the culture sucks, my job is different and I can’t be as successful, and I’m miserable, I don’t really deserve anyone’s sympathy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

yep. I’m not ever gonna fault a guy for getting the bag he can when he can. But I don’t feel compelled to feel sorry when chasing said bag leads to the player being unhappy/negative career things happening.

If I leave a job I love with great coworkers and an environment that helps me be the best version of myself where I’m making 45k a year and I go across town and take a job at 50k where the culture sucks, my job is different and I can’t be as successful, and I’m miserable, I don’t really deserve anyone’s sympathy. 

That's fair. The only difference being that Shaq signed a contract with Miami. He's now trapped in that contract for a different team. I know it's the rules of the game but you'd have to feel annoyed if you got 'traded' to another company ...

58 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So basically he's Tremaine Edmunds?

Touche. I can be a cracked record when it comes to pro-bowls ...

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow.  That didn't last long.

But how did that edge rush work out for them in Miami?  4 sacks, 18 QB hits, 1 pass defensed, 32 tackles, and 4 tackles for loss

We diss off Mario Addison as inadequate contribution.  He had 5 sacks, 8 QB hits, 4 passes defensed, 30 tackles, and 8 tackles for loss.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Too inconsistent. Doesn't do anything spectacular. I don't see it, but if there's any year to really show what he's got it this year. 

I think a lot of the angst people (myself included) have towards our linebackers stems from the KC game.  

Looking back, our coaching was an absolute disgrace in that game.  Romo was eviscerating us all game for not chipping Kelce and being physical with him.  

Tampa comes in two weeks later, and what do you know... hit him every time he released from the LOS.  

36 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

That's fair. The only difference being that Shaq signed a contract with Miami. He's now trapped in that contract for a different team. I know it's the rules of the game but you'd have to feel annoyed if you got 'traded' to another company ...

Touche. I can be a cracked record when it comes to pro-bowls ...

Right, and that’s part of the game. The difference is, if Shaq had stayed (assuming we offered him a deal) at a reasonable price, he would likely have been an important piece of our team this past year and he’d be here still. Part of making a FA decision out to be looking at the team and deciding if they’re going to value you for the duration of the deal. Part of that is about organization structure and consistency - the dolphins haven’t had much of that lately. 

Plus, you go play for a BB disciple, you get the BB treatment. Ask Kyle Van Noy.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I know right. 

And they signed them with the expectation that they'd be contributing starters for a few years. 

Not a good look for their GM. 

Depends - they signed them as the best they could get last year.  This year they could improve on both of them - so you move on.

If it works their GM did fine - convert an over paid DE into an improved younger LB and have a ton of FA DEs to choose from on the market.

Van Noy was brought in to set the attitude and knowledge - you move on once you think that is established.

This screams of what I have been diametrically opposed that the Texans would be idiots to trade Watson.  So I guess I’m wrong, and ok.  Not first and certainly not the last.  It’s such a sign the Texans are in full rebuild.

Shaq was nice here, but it was a smart call for him for his family.  These guys at their core want the $, so they set up their future.  I never fault a guy for that call as it’s not about sports, winning, it’s about their value so they have 30 years just figuring out their real career post football.

Shaq, hopefully you can prove yourself on a bad team, and maybe there is another move in the future.

• Like (+1) 1