Daboll apologized to Beasley, Diggs after loss

Michael1962

9 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Interesting that Daboll didnā€™t apologize to John Brown. That may be a sign that John Brown may be gone. Maybe Iā€™m reaching though

Lol yes youā€™re reaching. Just cause Diggs and Beasley were together when he said it doesnā€™t mean he didnā€™t say it to other players orĀ the whole offense at some point.Ā 

• Like (+1) 3

The entire team struggledĀ yesterday except for our rookie kicker.Ā  (I'll cut him some slack on the missed extra point considering the pair of 50+ yarders)

Ā 

The team will learn and get better just like after losing to the Texans last season.Ā  Hopefully KC will have to make some tough choices due to their cap situation (18 million over) and their roster will be a bit less formidable next year.

Ā 

All in all, a fantastic season and I agree with Beasley, there is nothing for Daboll to apologizeĀ about.Ā  We made the AFC championship game and lost to the best team in the NFL in their house.Ā Ā 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The entire team struggledĀ yesterday except for our rookie kicker.Ā  (I'll cut him some slack on the missed extra point considering the pair of 50+ yarders)

Ā 

The team will learn and get better just like after losing to the Texans last season.Ā  Hopefully KC will have to make some tough choices due to their cap situation (18 million over) and their roster will be a bit less formidable next year.

Ā 

All in all, a fantastic season and I agree with Beasley, there is nothing for Daboll to apologizeĀ about.Ā  We made the AFC championship game and lost to the best team in the NFL in their house.Ā Ā 

But noĀ one struggled more than the coaches. Ā McD-Ā FAIL,Ā Ā Daboll- FAIL,Ā Frazier- FAIL. Ā 
Ā 

except maybe Feliciano.Ā 

Ā 

• Angry 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But noĀ one struggled more than the coaches. Ā McD-Ā FAIL,Ā Ā Daboll- FAIL,Ā Frazier- FAIL. Ā 
Ā 

except maybe Feliciano.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Feliciano served as a usherĀ on that finalĀ Chiefs D line jailbreak.....and THEN he runs over to shove Okafor for standing over Josh. Ā Everything about that play and its aftermath made him look foolish.

Ā 

Josh threw that ball at the wrong guy's face....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

It does make you wonder, as much as they are denying it, were Daboll and Frazier distracted by the allure of potential head coaching gigs and not 100% in their game planning.Ā  Even subconsciously it can have an effect.

Exactly. I hate this rule and no jobs should be offered and no interviews given until after the season ends for all teams. It's only a few weeks. Everyone can hold their horses and wait it out so it is fair to all teams and not a distraction.

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Ā 

except maybe Feliciano.Ā 

Ā 

Yep, I agree.Ā  I thought we were roundly outcoached last night.Ā  I'm sure the coachesĀ will learn from it and do better next year just like they learned from last year and improved.

Ā 

Just don't understand the slings and arrows today.Ā  We were in the AFC Championship game and lost to the best team in football.Ā  I don't get the sky is falling attitude that many here have.Ā  I wish the whole team would have played better.Ā  I wish we would have won the Super Bowl this year. I wish a lot of things.Ā  I just can't look at this amazing season and feel too disappointed.

Ā 

The team fell short last night.Ā  Ā Just like KC did the first year Mahomes and KC went to the AFC Championship game and lost to the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

Feliciano served as a usherĀ on that finalĀ Chiefs D line jailbreak.....and THEN he runs over to shove Okafor for standing over Josh. Ā Everything about that play and its aftermath made him look foolish.

Ā 

Yeah, felrciano made himself a fool. Ā Im happy that he loves Josh enough to do what he did andĀ they had some fight in them.Ā I thought Dawkins was kind of awesome. Ā He got a good lickĀ in at least

Ā 

jefferson looked like the biggest oneĀ fool

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

It does make you wonder, as much as they are denying it, were Daboll and Frazier distracted by the allure of potential head coaching gigs and not 100% in their game planning.Ā  Even subconsciously it can have an effect.

Ha!Ā  If so, yesterday's performance didn't help their cause!

You gotta give credit to Daboll for owning thisĀ and vowing to do better, and what that says/means to his players. Continuity will help this team a lot next year, and I'm glad he'll be back. Let's not take too much for granted here, we've had 20+ years of futility at the OC spot, so much of it of the run, run, sack/incomplete, punt variety.

Ā 

Daboll didn't give up a TD on nearly every single KC drive (though more time of possession for us would have definitely helped the D).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, felrciano made himself a fool. Ā Im happy that he loves Josh enough to do what he did andĀ they had some fight in them.Ā I thought Dawkins was kind of awesome. Ā He got a good lickĀ in at least

Ā 

jefferson looked like the biggest oneĀ fool

Ā 

Ā 

No one looks good when they got absolutely slapped at the line of scrimmage for the millionth time in a night....and then go get some shots in AFTER YOUR QB IS HARD ON HISĀ BACK! Ā lol. Ā  If you can't handle the man in front of you before the whistle blows, Ā you don't get to go at him after. Ā Actually stand up for you r QB....

Ā 

total clown moves. Ā 

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

Ā 

He threw it at Okafor, who delivered two obvious cheapĀ shots to allen over the final two series. On that secondĀ play (the one underĀ discussion), the whistle had CLEARLY been blown, and 1.5 seconds later, okafor comes in with a late cheap shot. This is not actually arguable given the previous play (arguably an attempt to injure),Ā so donā€™t argue. šŸ™‚

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

He threw it at Okafor, who delivered two obvious cheapĀ shots to allen over the final two series. On that secondĀ play (the one underĀ discussion), the whistle had CLEARLY been blown, and 1.5 seconds later, okafor comes in with a late cheap shot. This is not actually arguable given the previous play (arguably an attempt to injure),Ā so donā€™t argue. šŸ™‚

Ā 

There's no arguing that the abuse Josh was taking all night fell on the soft shoulders of his O-line. Ā They hung him out to dry---then come running up when it's safe for them and want to mix it up? Ā That were Feliciano'sĀ quickest steps all night, and the only time he got a Defender on his back. Ā 

Ā 

nah. Ā weak..

Ā 

Josh is a great kid. Ā Brady, Kelly, Rodgers, Marino, etc, would have been laying into his O-line for permitting such abuse.

• Disagree 1

I think still referees are listening to old message it is okay for players to take cheap shots at Bills.

Ā 

The Bills front office and PR office need to put together some videos to be distributed via social media.

Ā 

Hopefully some fans can then put together videos showing referees ignoring such hits - Bills cannot without being targeted by NFL front office even if true.

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ā 

except maybe Feliciano.Ā 

Ā 

Not that I would advocate violence but if the refs are not looking why not punch back? Ā 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

There's no arguing that the abuse Josh was taking all night fell on the soft shoulders of his O-line. Ā They hung him out to dry---then come running up when it's safe for them and want to mix it up? Ā That were Feliciano'sĀ quickest steps all night, and the only time he got a Defender on his back. Ā 

Ā 

nah. Ā weak..

Ā 

Josh is a great kid. Ā Brady, Kelly, Rodgers, Marino, etc, would have been laying into his O-line for permitting such abuse.

Allen absolutely threw it at the right guyā€™s face ā€”Ā at a serial cheap shot artist obviously trying to injure him in garbage time. Ā Please.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Not that I would advocate violence but if the refs are not looking why not punch back? Ā 

The move in that situation is to shove back and create a altercation where the refs throw a flag

Ā 

Doing this would have forced the refs and new York to review the play and would have resulted in chris jones being thrown out of the game. MorseĀ would have stayed in the gameĀ 

Ā 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

Ā 

No one looks good when they got absolutely slapped at the line of scrimmage for the millionth time in a night....and then go get some shots in AFTER YOUR QB IS HARD ON HISĀ BACK! Ā lol. Ā  If you can't handle the man in front of you before the whistle blows, Ā you don't get to go at him after. Ā Actually stand up for you r QB....

Ā 

total clown moves. Ā 

Okafor hit allen in the face mask on a previous play. Ā It was pretty bush league. Ā I think it was all in retaliation to that play

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Ā 

I guarantee if he punched back we would have gotten the flag.Ā They almost always flag the retaliator, not the instigator.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

Ā 

The apology was well deserved. As far as our offensive struggles, I think it was substantially due to coaching problems. Execution always plays a part, of course, but I don't think we adjusted to KC's pressure appropriately.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

total clown moves. Ā 

Ah, I recallĀ the guy play long enough after the whistle to draw a flag on his own.Ā Had him in the air, no need to drive him to the ground. Ā Josh took offense, tossed the ball at the old noggin and got under his skin. Ā 
Ā 

Thereafter, who knows whatā€™s coming? Ā JF came after the guy, minor scuffle, no harm no foul. Ā Well, foul, but whatevs. Just boys being boys. Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Interesting that Daboll didnā€™t apologize to John Brown. That may be a sign that John Brown may be gone. Maybe Iā€™m reaching though

I would be surprised--and disappointed--if John Brown and his salary (@ $7 million)Ā isn't dumped this offseason.

Ā 

He can be improved, and he couldn't stay on the roster.

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, there's really no such thing as "learning to win".

Ā 

Improving the team with better players, players playing better, and coaches doing better preparation and planning?

Ā 

Those are real things.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Daboll should apologize to the entire offense. Completely went into a shell on the big stage.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Ā 

Yep, I agree.Ā  I thought we were roundly outcoached last night.Ā  I'm sure the coachesĀ will learn from it and do better next year just like they learned from last year and improved.

Ā 

Just don't understand the slings and arrows today.Ā  We were in the AFC Championship game and lost to the best team in football.Ā  I don't get the sky is falling attitude that many here have.Ā  I wish the whole team would have played better.Ā  I wish we would have won the Super Bowl this year. I wish a lot of things.Ā  I just can't look at this amazing season and feel too disappointed.

Ā 

The team fell short last night.Ā  Ā Just like KC did the first year Mahomes and KC went to the AFC Championship game and lost to the Patriots.

Ā 

It's not the losing that's gotten to everyone. It's manner. The Bills didn't play their game and just weren't ready.Ā 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

total clown moves. Ā 

Ā 

I don't think so. The Chiefs were playing dirty all night and it finally just boiled over.Ā