BARKLEY BOMB: 6,700 Fans Allowed for Playoffs!! Link to live conference at 3pm.

Process

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm 2003. It's very likely there won't be any tickets left by the time I come up.

My guess is that there will be.  The 13k number earlier was "tickets", not account holders.  On top of that:

1. Pods of 2 or 4 only: this will have a decent impact i think.  Say someone has 3 or 5+ tickets, well you have to take that math into account that they won't have access to the extra seats

2. Brokers: if any brokers "opted in", i would say slim chances they are attending.  with the restrictions on ticket transfer, testing, and identification

3. Out of staters / Canadian fans: as you pointed out, the restrictions have a huge impact on out of state residents.  Specifically the 2-3 advanced testing at the stadium, this is going to deter a good portion od this group (myself included, and I'm a diehard fan who would attend if testing could be done at a closer facility to where I live)

4. Ppl who aren't risking: some of the opt in group may just decide not to attend, due to all the rules/restrictions and overall covid concerns

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

They specifically said tailgating is not allowed.   

Onsight offcourse.  Those who travel off property.  Bills cant regulate the numerous places around Bills Stadium you can park and tailgate.  Thats what I was speaking to

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Onsight offcourse.  Those who travel off property.  Bills cant regulate the numerous places around Bills Stadium you can park and tailgate.  Thats what I was speaking to

Has that been a problem for the previous seven home games?

45 minutes ago, Estro said:

Season ticket holder since 2002. 

Call in time is 11:30AM January 1

Wow...that means I’m screwed lol. I have 2:30 on Friday and I’ve had tix since 2013. Figured somebody w tix as long as u have would be on Thursday.

3 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Wow...that means I’m screwed lol. I have 2:30 on Friday and I’ve had tix since 2013. Figured somebody w tix as long as u have would be on Thursday.

ya never know.....from what i gleen from the bills VP....there will be 6,200 tix  for first game....none of those are eligible for the 2nd game of 6,200. 

some of those who opted in may not want to deal with all the hassle and restrictions of covid....so they may just not bother calling in.

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

why would you price out actual fans ? That’s an awful idea. Nfl already makes billions but yea let’s price out locals 

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Season ticket holders would not. We directly support the team with our season purchases. So, yeah. Just gouge us.

Bad idea

The reason I even brought it up is to help the owners like the Pegula's not gouge you guys. Along with the curiosity of what tickets might actually go for to see Josh Allen live at the Ralph in the playoffs. Something that hasn't happened in over 2 decades. 1,000, 5 or even $10,000?   

Point taken though fellas,

Thanks

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

I've had tix since 82, but I can't travel to OP to get tested, so there are 2 seats that are going to be available

Empty, not available.

Not sure why they aren't allowing a ticket exchange to other people.  I'm guessing they don't want any price gouging going on but it's not that hard to have them have the option to forward the tickets to someone else and have them pay the stadium price for the post season tickets.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's likely a guest of the owners. 

You’re  probably right. What a nice political power move by Pegs. Would have rather seen a guest of the Pegulas be a local doctor, a nurse or a front line worker. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You’re  probably right. What a nice political power move by Pegs. Would have rather seen a guest of the petulant be a local doctor, a nurse or a front line worker. 

the petulant???  Hey now, that’s no way to talk about Terry and Kim!

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

the petulant???  Hey now, that’s no way to talk about Terry and Kim!

These are fighting words

8 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You’re  probably right. What a nice political power move by Pegs. Would have rather seen a guest of the petulant be a local doctor, a nurse or a front line worker. 

I challenge thee to a sword fight,

and because I am injured I must turn my challenge over to my dear old pal Gugny.

May the lord have mercy on your emotionallyUnstable soul,

Get em Gu,

Amen 

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You’re  probably right. What a nice political power move by Pegs. Would have rather seen a guest of the Pegulas be a local doctor, a nurse or a front line worker. 

I had another post here but it turned up missing.  

I think it’s amazing that 6,700 fans can attend this game, that the families of players can finally go, and that there will still be room for people that are very important to attend as well. Everyone wins. 

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

They could have more than 1 guest I would assume.

In general it would be a PR blunder not to have a few like you mentioned.

If I was in a "High Level Meeting" (pun intended) about this I for sure would invite a nurse/doctor/patient (if possible) from Oishei Children's Hospital!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

ya never know.....from what i gleen from the bills VP....there will be 6,200 tix  for first game....none of those are eligible for the 2nd game of 6,200. 

some of those who opted in may not want to deal with all the hassle and restrictions of covid....so they may just not bother calling in.

I'm debating it myself. If they would take a local test result, there would be no issue. But to take a day off from work, drive 5-6 hours round trip, for a 15 minute test? I may wait, and see if they get to the Division Round first. I'll still log in just to see what tickets are priced at for where I want to sit anyways. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Empty, not available.

Not sure why they aren't allowing a ticket exchange to other people.  I'm guessing they don't want any price gouging going on but it's not that hard to have them have the option to forward the tickets to someone else and have them pay the stadium price for the post season tickets.

My point is that they will be available to someone else who has less seniority. I believe these seats are not going to be empty. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Estro said:

I realize Covid has thrown this entire season into unprecedented times as far as attendance but how does the guy in charge of this operation literally have no clue how to answer the simplest questions from the media today.

I'm listening to his presser from today, and the media had some good pointed ?s, that many of us STH I'm sure are asking themselves.

Can STH's that own 2 tickets buy a pod of 4 for the playoff game?

Major has no clue, doesn't answer the ? and just keeps repeating that it'll be based on seniority 

Very next question, how many fans opted in this year?  Once again a great ? that I myself was asking today.

Major once again has no clue.  He does say its a good ?, but he doesn't have the answer.  How the hell do you not know how many people opted in when this is what you are in charge of.  This is a decision we had to make in August, you'd think that's something he should absolutely know.  He did mention that there are a total of 13,000 accounts total representing over 50,000 tickets, but we have no idea how many of those 13000 accounts opted in.

I've been a season ticket holder for close to 20 years & I've always found the ticket side of the franchise to be somewhat of a clown show......and watching Majors presser today kind of reinforces the sentiment.  I realize the Bills are the big show in town, and have no competition, but man does that side of their operation need a kick in the ass.  Id be embarrassed if I'm the Peguals paying this guy to get up there and not have the answers to very basic inquiries.

It's concerning..........especially after guys like Shill Capaccio and Bullfrog have been going on for a month about how hard the people in the ticket office have been working all season to get to this moment.      Like they had every detail buttoned up but were just waiting patiently for NYS.🙄

That said the ticket issues are obviously nothing like the chaos that it was back in the 80's and early 90's for playoff games.......... but frankly some uncertainty on day one of the announcement of fans being allowed is a first world problem in 2020.    Especially if you are local.   Which is kinda' who they want to show up for the game.........they obviously don't want people traveling in from all over the country they want locals who they can track and potentially limit spread.

My group has a bunch of accounts dating back into the 60's and 80's and all the way thru to the early 90's...........I know one of the early 90's accounts has been emailed an appointment to purchase tickets so guessing I will be there but if not so be it.

I realize Covid has thrown this entire season into unprecedented times as far as attendance but how does the guy in charge of this operation literally have no clue how to answer the simplest questions from the media today.

I'm listening to his presser from today, and the media had some good pointed ?s, that many of us STH I'm sure are asking themselves.

Major has no clue, doesn't answer the ? and just keeps repeating that it'll be based on seniority 

Very next question, how many fans opted in this year?  Once again a great ? that I myself was asking today.

Major once again has no clue.  He does say its a good ?, but he doesn't have the answer.  How the hell do you not know how many people opted in when this is what you are in charge of.  This is a decision we had to make in August, you'd think that's something he should absolutely know.  He did mention that there are a total of 13,000 accounts total representing over 50,000 tickets, but we have no idea how many of those 13000 accounts opted in.

I've been a season ticket holder for close to 20 years & I've always found the ticket side of the franchise to be somewhat of a clown show......and watching Majors presser today kind of reinforces the sentiment.  I realize the Bills are the big show in town, and have no competition, but man does that side of their operation need a kick in the ass.  Id be embarrassed if I'm the Peguals paying this guy to get up there and not have the answers to very basic inquiries

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's concerning..........especially after guys like Shill Capaccio and Bullfrog have been going on for a month about how hard the people in the ticket office have been working all season to get to this moment.      Like they had every detail buttoned up but were just waiting patiently for NYS.🙄

That said the ticket issues are obviously nothing like the chaos that it was back in the 80's and early 90's for playoff games.......... but frankly some uncertainty on day one of the announcement of fans being allowed is a first world problem in 2020.    Especially if you are local.   Which is kinda' who they want to show up for the game.........they obviously don't want people traveling in from all over the country they want locals who they can track and potentially limit spread.

My group has a bunch of accounts dating back into the 60's and 80's and all the way thru to the early 90's...........I know one of the early 90's accounts has been emailed an appointment to purchase tickets so guessing I will be there but if not so be it.

I'm with you 100%.....and it certainly is a first world problem.  Im not trying to be whiny about it, I'm appreciative we have a chance at going, but listening to that presser was brutal.. why take ?s if you literally have the answers to none of them.

The second guy that asked the question about how many accounts opted in was like "really, how do you not know the answer", my sentiments exactly.  You'd just expect a way more buttoned up outfit from a multi billion $ business.  A tough situation, no doubt, but it just seems like the Peguals could do a lot better than that.  

Good luck getting tickets, with your seniority Id assume you're a lock.  Do you plan on going to the WC or might you chance it and wait for the divisional round

2 minutes ago, Estro said:

I'm with you 100%.....and it certainly is a first world problem.  Im not trying to be whiny about it, I'm appreciative we have a chance at going, but listening to that presser was brutal.. why take ?s if you literally have the answers to none of them.

The second guy that asked the question about how many accounts opted in was like "really, how do you not know the answer", my sentiments exactly.  You'd just expect a way more buttoned up outfit from a multi billion $ business.  A tough situation, no doubt, but it just seems like the Peguals could do a lot better than that.  

Good luck getting tickets, with your seniority Id assume you're a lock.  Do you plan on going to the WC or might you chance it and wait for the divisional round

Thanks........you too.   Just playin' it by ear.   Which game doesn't matter too much to me if it's not a championship game but if I KNEW for sure there would be a second game I'd prefer to wait just to not be one of the test subjects.

14 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No Tailgating?  Yeah right.

How are they go to enforce that?

I went to the game in Miami. They enforced it strong. If they do it in FL , definitely will in NY. They have security and real police walking the lots. You could stay in your car to eat / drink, but no standing outside. We  Even got a warning for having our windows down and talking to people in the car next to us.  

BTW with 13,000 in Hard Rock stadium it felt totally empty.  The atmosphere at Bills Stadium w only 6,700 will be bizarre.

But it will be awesome to see this team play for those who get to go.  You get a different appreciation seeing the whole field and viewing the Bills O live. After witnessing them in week 2, I knew it would be a special year.

It's great that fans can get into the playoff games. 

I would hope that the science that is there to let fans into games would be applied so families can see their loved ones in nursing homes. (Haven't seen my dad in person since March). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

I want to see the Chefs,Elvis, Kenny and that crazy big guy who paints his face :)

Thats all I can think of now.

I have only has mine 13 yrs but I opted out with the border closed.

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

.  The atmosphere at Bills Stadium w only 6,700 will be bizarre.

But it will be awesome to see this team play for those who get to go.  You get a different appreciation seeing the whole field and viewing the Bills O live. After witnessing them in week 2, I knew it would be a special year.

No it will be like the early 80's 2 win seasons ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Estro said:

I've been a season ticket holder for close to 20 years & I've always found the ticket side of the franchise to be somewhat of a clown show......and watching Majors presser today kind of reinforces the sentiment.  I realize the Bills are the big show in town, and have no competition, but man does that side of their operation need a kick in the ass.  Id be embarrassed if I'm the Peguals paying this guy to get up there and not have the answers to very basic inquiries

Probably because everything is happening quickly. My guess is that, yes, you can buy 4 tickets because pods are either 2 or 4 tickets. And your seniority determines the order in which those pods are offered.

Which begs the real question: how many pods are there? If everyone buys 4 tickets, there can only be 1,550 pods. But if everyone buys 2 then you need 3,100.

• Like (+1) 1