Week 16: Saturday Games Thread TB at Detroit, SF at Zona, Mia at LV nightcap

From what I’ve been watching with the Dolphins......the way to defend that offense is to force them to throw deep on you and smother everything within 10 yards. That offense is a strictly dink and dunk offense relying on easy throws for Tua. Teams should watch the old Jets vs Bills games when Rex and Chan were the HC’s......force deeper throws and be aggressive within 10 yards......Chan used to struggle against Rex.

34 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

You can say he sucked and had a bad game. Whats not needed is saying things like " Murray will be better after his parents take him out for ice cream".  

Honestly man it doesn't seem like you really enjoy watching football. Might want to try a different hobby if a joke like that triggers you.

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don’t see the similarities at all 

I agree. Lamar is explosive & dynamic and takes chances both throwing and running the football. Tua is being constrained which begs the question as to why? Is it that Flores doesn't trust him based on what he sees in practice? 

Show me the last time a high draft pick QB played as cautiously as Tua?

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oh ok..  You had me somewhat agreeing with you until you dropped a nonsense hot take to end off your post with. 

I suppose we'll see if it's nonsense!

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm sure Lamar won't be feeling any pressure to not go 1 and done 3 years in a row.

Coming in as the #7 seed, he will not be expected to win...which is why he will

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I suppose we'll see if it's nonsense!

We shall... I’m certainly not ready to say Buffalo will definitely lose to Baltimore if we get them WC Weekend.  

They aren’t as good as last year.  

We are way better than last year. 

I trust McDermott/Frazier to put together a gameplan to limit Lamar Jackson.  I also trust our offense to not be completely useless against their defense. 

9 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

We can end up with the Ravens as the 3rd seed too, or the Ravens could surpass the Colts or Titans and we could avoid them by getting the 2nd seed.  We just don't know.  Best thing the Bills can do is continue to play good ball.  We're better than the Ravens this year.

Agreed with all this as of now we play for the 2 seed.  No one is rooting for anything other then the Ravens to not get in.  

However if at the end of week 16 the odds are extremely high that if the Ravens get in, it will be as the 7 seed (Colts and Titans win and we know the Ravens can't finish higher then 7---i don't know what those scenarios entail).....if the Dolphins win tonight and we win Monday, I'm treating week 17 as a bye.  Period.  

First of all, we play Monday.  Then 6 days later.  We just might get the Saturday playoff game.  Another 6 days later. 

That's 3 games in 12 days.  

Use week 17 as a de facto bye.  

47 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I am over it. Its just annoying to go into a thread about other games and almost everyone is insulting the teams playing. Can you guys not go a game without putting down other teams. 

The 'get over it' was for every butthurt person in this thread, not you. 

Edited by Rick 'r Mortis

39 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

You can say he sucked and had a bad game. Whats not needed is saying things like " Murray will be better after his parents take him out for ice cream".  

Sorry I hurt your feelings, maybe Kyler's parents will buy you a cone too. I hear figure skating is fun to watch this time of the year. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We shall... I’m certainly not ready to say Buffalo will definitely lose to Baltimore if we get them WC Weekend.  

They aren’t as good as last year.  

We are way better than last year. 

I trust McDermott/Frazier to put together a gameplan to limit Lamar Jackson.  I also trust our offense to not be completely useless against their defense. 

The 7th seed with what 11 wins and probably tied with the 5th and 6th seeds.

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Totally different situation. All the pressure and expectations were on them.

I watched the Ravens the last few games and I'm not impressed. He wins through chaos. If you're a disciplined team and make him be a quarterback I don't think he can win that way 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I watched the Ravens the last few games and I'm not impressed. He wins through chaos. If you're a disciplined team and make him be a quarterback I don't think he can win that way 

We had him completely on lock last year - aside from a broken play that went for a TD. 

The problem was our Offense was straight trash and Josh wasn’t ready to go at their constant pressure.  

He’s not that guy anymore and this isn’t that offense.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Agreed with all this as of now we play for the 2 seed.  No one is rooting for anything other then the Ravens to not get in.  

However if at the end of week 16 the odds are extremely high that if the Ravens get in, it will be as the 7 seed (Colts and Titans win and we know the Ravens can't finish higher then 7---i don't know what those scenarios entail).....if the Dolphins win tonight and we win Monday, I'm treating week 17 as a bye.  Period.  

First of all, we play Monday.  Then 6 days later.  We just might get the Saturday playoff game.  Another 6 days later. 

That's 3 games in 12 days.  

Use week 17 as a de facto bye.  

My take is that you rest all of your important starters if your seed is locked in or as close to locked in as possible.  I'm all for playing the backups in that situation...but I'll still want the backups to beat the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We had him completely on lock last year - aside from a broken play that went for a TD. 

The problem was our Offense was straight trash and Josh wasn’t ready to go at their constant pressure.  

He’s not that guy anymore and this isn’t that offense.  

Shaq Lawson was the neutralizer for us in that game.

Just now, JaCrispy said:

So are we rooting for the Fins to win to help keep the Ravens out?

The Dolphins are the weakest team that can make the playoffs realistically. I'm not really worried about the Ravens either but given the choice I'll take Tua and his inability to throw

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Penfield45 said:

Anyone else can’t stand the NFL network broadcast??

just like the Denver game last week you can’t hear the commentators over the fake crowd noise

I can’t hear the guy opposite Kurt Warner at all.  Sounds like Kurt Warner is broadcasting with Charlie Brown’s teacher and a thousand fake fans in the booth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1