Yeah, Mayfield up in Madden to an (now 84) while that piece of **** Allen (now an 85) because you know...Madden

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/player-ratings

Go:

Filters

Position

check quarterback

Scroll down and hit done

then hit apply

My goodness they are so quite simply the worst at EA Tiburon.

Allen 10th rated QB.  AFC Pro Bowler.

Edit: tied for 10th.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

EA had something going with Madden 25 and the Ignite engine. Focusing on physics simulation while also adding back content to Franchise mode. If they just would have built off of it, think what we could have now. 

Things kept going downhill when they went with the Frostbite engine and animation heavy.

Still a fun game, but I stopped caring so much about it. 

Edited by delirious
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, delirious said:

EA had something going with Madden 25 and the Ignite engine. Focusing on physics simulation while also adding back content to Franchise mode. If they just would have built off of it, think what we could have now. 

Things kept going downhill when they went with the Frostbite engine and animation heavy.

delirious...it is fun.

Playing since the old Genesis days.

funny thing  is in years past I would adjust Bills QBs to 85 because they were so poor.

Just one more point overall and I’ll never have to touch it again in Madden 21.

😂

GO bills!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Go:

Filters

Position

check quarterback

Scroll down and hit done

then hit apply

It’s Christmas morning, this is no way to live 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If you use the power-up Allen card it goes to 93 w/gunslinger  and is a monster (esp throwing to my 93 Diggs power-up card). Literally to only reason to play is to build up my Bills team as much as possible, the online game sucks the past few years. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, delirious said:

That's the last version I bought, because the hall of fame edition came with streaming Sunday Ticket. I bought every madden from 05-08 and then stopped for a bit (so basically the hey day) and Madden 25 just wasn't that good...so crazy it's viewed as the last good madden game!

Micro transactions and card packs killed the game, plus being forced to shoehorn a sports game onto a fps engine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have a hacked ROM of Tecmo Superbowl based on the 2019 season on my NES Mini. Allen is criminally underrated in that too. His accuracy is so bad that he overthrows guys by 20 yards sometimes & he's barely faster than average QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Translation for non-Madden folks?

Good players are gold stars that get special abilities that effect how they play making them better. Great players get X-factors which gives them more abilities when conditions are met in a game. Like Mahomes has bazooka which when activated is supposed to let him throw like 10 yards further. I don't think Allen started as a super star this year so they did upgrade him as the year went.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Good players are gold stars that get special abilities that effect how they play making them better. Great players get X-factors which gives them more abilities when conditions are met in a game. Like Mahomes has bazooka which when activated is supposed to let him throw like 10 yards further. I don't think Allen started as a super star this year so they did upgrade him as the year went.

Belicheat has the spycam ability that lets him know what play the opponent is running.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Translation for non-Madden folks?

Allen has special abilities because he is a "Superstar" 

Basically he has suped up abilities that let him play well above his overall. Like they give him a speed boost when he scrambles outside the pocket and a faster throwing release under pressure

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Allen has special abilities because he is a "Superstar" 

Basically he has suped up abilities that let him play well above his overall. Like they give him a speed boost when he scrambles outside the pocket and a faster throwing release under pressure

Is this the NFL or the Marvel Universe?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

OP is this a video game? Why does this matter?

Buf, a solid, solid question.

Why does it matter?  It really doesn’t, but it continues to serve the nauseously continuing mentality in some areas of football, whether it be sports commentary or, yes, the sole NFL video game out there, that this guy is...a little bit better than “meh”.  

YOU don’t focus on evaluating Allen for an ongoing, multi-million selling sports simulator played heavily around the country.

...but THEY DO, and THEY have been doing a poor job of evaluating the talent for that Sim, especially when it comes to Allen.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Go:

Filters

Position

check quarterback

Scroll down and hit done

then hit apply

The only stats Happy Gilmore should have a 99 is in Backling(back tackles/throwing yourself into the pile after player is already tackled), quitting, whining and blaming others after he gets burned for a TD

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

That's the last version I bought, because the hall of fame edition came with streaming Sunday Ticket. I bought every madden from 05-08 and then stopped for a bit (so basically the hey day) and Madden 25 just wasn't that good...so crazy it's viewed as the last good madden game!

Micro transactions and card packs killed the game, plus being forced to shoehorn a sports game onto a fps engine.

I'm a MUT player primarily, and I stopped caring after they tried to pass off Madden 20 as a legit game... I found it to be cartoonish and a microtransactions hog as well.

I didn't bother buying Madden 21. Until they stop giving EA exclusivity, they will continue to ruin the franchise. WE NEED 2K NOW...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Rant on, envious rabble, while I hone my skills...

The crazy thing Ridge is we used to have one of those things when I was little.  I still remember in middle school walking down in Blasdell to the arcade by Hills.  I’d save up all my quarters and thought it was awesome to play asteroids, etc.

10 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm a MUT player primarily, and I stopped caring after they tried to pass off Madden 20 as a legit game... I found it to be cartoonish and a microtransactions hog as well.

I didn't bother buying Madden 21. Until they stop giving EA exclusivity, they will continue to ruin the franchise. WE NEED 2K NOW...

MUT is the problem. Franchise mode from 05-08 was insanely good. It all started to fall apart when they transitioned to the ps3/xbox 360 neg gens, but Madden 25 put it back on track and if they had built on that foundation you could have a potentially great game, but definitely would be good.

MUT debuted that year in Madden, I believe, they saw a cash cow and franchise mode hasn't been updated since then from what I understand, and some stuff was removed even. That on top of being forced to switch to an engine that is for first person shooters, the technical stuff is super inefficient.

Instead of focusing on a tear down rebuild with a focus on delivering a proper simulation football game, they are focusing on MUT with its gambling card packs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Go:

Filters

Position

check quarterback

Scroll down and hit done

then hit apply

We’ve got to get you outside Donuts.  Caroling, Skiing, sledding, and so on.  😇

I don’t know if you saw my post on the Mahomes/Allen thread (nice visual about their arm hanging on by a tendon.  Reminded me of that Benghazi movie where the guys arm was hanging on by a thread) where I said something about a Wide World of Sports for NFL QB’s charity event.  That’s one of the easiest ways to have Mahomes and Allen crush Mayfield in a contest.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, klos63 said:

This is important.

No.  Its a video game that many of us play....  you didnt really have to imply it was more than that.  Hell, were on a board dedicated to a game as it is, lol.

6 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

You worry about things that simply do not matter. 

Like football?  Lol

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, BillsBytheBay said:

No.  Its a video game that many of us play....  you didnt really have to imply it was more than that.  Hell, were on a board dedicated to a game as it is, lol.

Like football?  Lol

jesus, it was a joke. Of course it's not important.

• Haha (+1) 1