Week 15 Around The League

3 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Maybe I missed this but do we care about the outcome of any of these games?

I kind of want NE to beat Miami so we can knock them out of the playoffs in their house next week.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

Tua dropping to his knees. That guy SUCKS 

Tua could have a completion percentage 20 points higher than Allen but I'm pretty sure I'm never gonna see Josh just drop and assume the fetal position on the field in the face of a pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Tua literally curled up into a ball and gave up on that play.

Exactly.  There's giving oneself up to fight another day, and there's turtling.  That was definitely the latter.

It’s almost like Miami doesn’t really want to make the playoffs.  Fitz is the better QB at this moment in their careers and would give Miami a decent chance to make the playoffs. i think he would’ve beaten Denver too if given the whole game.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

It’s almost like Miami doesn’t really want to make the playoffs.  Fitz is the better QB at this moment in their careers and would give Miami a decent chance to make the playoffs. i think he would’ve beaten Denver too if given the whole game.

Sitting Tua until Fitz struggled was the easiest decision a HC could make.  Mind-numbingly bad to do that at the bye.

Tua always stuck me as a quick rhythm QB. I have heard this as a scouting report on him also. When they don’t throw quick passes or play action with him, he isn’t going to be effective. I just don’t see him ever being more than a mediocre NFL prospect when you take his limitations, his size, and his durability. Let’s hope I am right because if Miami missed on their starter that helps us for years while they waste their other talent. Now let’s hope the Pats swing and miss on their next prospect because we know the Jets have a gamer coming. 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's too late now or at least it should be you can't yank your 1st round draft pick after making him the starter like that.

12 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Seems that way. I’d much rather be watching Brady getting beat up by Atlanta though. This game is bad football. 

the end of the first half was comically inept by both teams.  Miami keeps the clock running on 4th and manageable, but then the Patriots are the one who take the timeout.  Then Miami converts the 4th down, but misses the damn field goal.  Sigh

• Like (+1) 1