Wait Kelvin Benjamin Was Part of '14 draft class?!

HardyBoy

Am I the only person who had no idea he was part of the Sammy 04 draft class?! I was randomly looking at the top of the 20l4 draft class and scrolled down a bit and there he was!

So instead of trading for sammy and kb, they prob coulda figured out some way to get Mack and kb for less?

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Am I the only person who had no idea he was part of the Sammy 04 draft class?! I was randomly looking at the top of the 20l4 draft class and scrolled down a bit and there he was!

So instead of trading for sammy and kb, they prob coulda figured out some way to get Mack and kb for less?

Scroll waaaaaaaay further down for Davante Adams.

• Like (+1) 3

Yes, he was one of many good receivers from that draft, or anyway he looked like a good one for a few years.

They were very high on Beckham Jr and if they hadn't traded up we'd likely have ended up with him or Ebron.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

you look back At the first two rounds of that 2014 NFL Draft, and there is a lot of regret. The Bills gave up a bunch to draft Sammie Watkins, and then picked Cyrus Koundjo in the second round. 

I know draft analysis can be 20/20, but the first two rounds resulted in a ton of talented NFL Players (Mack, Donald,  etc.). It’s a shame we couldn’t have hit on someone. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Am I the only one that thinks your ignorance doesn’t deserve it’s own thread!?!?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

By figured out, you mean could have taken Mack instead of Watkins?  Or gone for Evans, Beckham or others without giving up the pick the year after? Yeah, coulda done all that.. but somebody has to be the punch line of the jokes and before this year, that was the best strategy to get national media attention.

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes it was a well known fact. And he was a very good WR prior to knee injury. 
They could have selected Mack and many of us wanted that to happen after they made the trade announcement. But they gave up a 2015 first round pick. There is no way they could have had both Mack and KB.

Draft Mack with pick we used on Sammy. Trade third rd pick for Benjamin when we did. Boom both on team

4 hours ago, QCity said:

Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, John Brown, and more.

One of the deepest WR classes in history and we traded up for one :doh:

The Watkins trade up was one of the biggest mistake setbacks this organization had made in recent memory.   I’m so glad we have a real organization who would never make such a foolish decision such as that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

The other factoid I like is the 2006 draft.  At one point 5 of the top 10 picks played for the bills - including 1,2 and 3. 

That very hyped draft was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. If you redrafted today - Kyle Williams would possibly be a top 10 pick. 

Fun fact: factoid usually means something that’s false. 

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yes, he was one of many good receivers from that draft, or anyway he looked like a good one for a few years.

They were very high on Beckham Jr and if they hadn't traded up we'd likely have ended up with him or Ebron.

So we were screwed either way? Neither Watkins, OBJ or Ebron saw a second contract with their original team.

What never made sense to me was Mack was right in the Bills back yard and they could have or did watch along with here all of what he had done while in Buffalo and you still don't have him considered as your first rounder with out trading up 🤔 ?

Whaley could do some good things as far as moving around in the draft to get who he wanted but he needed someone like McD to lead him in the right direction i don't know who was in on the decision to waste that  many #1's for Sammy but i'm thinking there were more than just Whaley putting that brain storm together .

I don't think from what little bit i heard from a Monus (the scout) interview that he wasn't much help because he said he didn't think Pat Mahomes talent would translate to the NFL boy what a turd move that turned out to be !! 

But we got Josh now which is probably a better fit for the Bills so all is good ... GO BILLS !! 

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Watkins would be having a career worthy of a #4 overall pick if it were not for the nagging injuries which no one could account for. Played a key role in KCs super bowl run. 

He still may....in some drafts.  Unfortunately that draft was stacked so he will never be worthy if 4 overall that year. 

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

I think most people here know he's that much of a gigantic disappointment. Drafted before Davante Adams Allen Robinson and John Brown, yikes

....Doug Whaley ladies and gentlemen.  And people still pretend like he was a great GM

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

When he was in Buffalo, Benjamin ran like he had a piano on his back.

And caught a football like he had a basketball backboard on his chest and brick mittens on his hands... and he played the game like he had Kyle Orton’s heart and smokin’ Jay Cutler’s attitude - “doooooon’t caaaare”.

Edited by transient
  • Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, T master said:

What never made sense to me was Mack was right in the Bills back yard and they could have or did watch along with here all of what he had done while in Buffalo and you still don't have him considered as your first rounder with out trading up 🤔 ?

Whaley could do some good things as far as moving around in the draft to get who he wanted but he needed someone like McD to lead him in the right direction i don't know who was in on the decision to waste that  many #1's for Sammy but i'm thinking there were more than just Whaley putting that brain storm together .

I don't think from what little bit i heard from a Monus (the scout) interview that he wasn't much help because he said he didn't think Pat Mahomes talent would translate to the NFL boy what a turd move that turned out to be !! 

But we got Josh now which is probably a better fit for the Bills so all is good ... GO BILLS !! 

McD was coach when Whaley was a lame duck GM. McD passed on Mahomes to get more picks in a known QB rich draft the following year. We don't know what Whaley thought of Mahomes.

55 minutes ago, T master said:

I wonder did Special Assistant Nix get handed that plum assignment late in his career, but fell asleep during the tapes?  Consequently, he was stuck with the Cliff Notes evaluation, and Mel Kiper Jr.'s wisdom?

7 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Watkins would be having a career worthy of a #4 overall pick if it were not for the nagging injuries which no one could account for. Played a key role in KCs super bowl run. 

Watchkins wasn't worth one number 1 pick let alone TWO.

16 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I have so moved on from KB, so long ago... why do you guys hang on to these tired old subjects?  Go Bills , go win the Division for the first time since my kids were in pre school.