Denver threads. Week 15 #BUFvsDEN | #BillsMafia

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Gray facemasks need to go, imho. The white ones make for a much cleaner uni look, imho. I'll refrain from my usual mantra of bring back the red helmets. ;)

Ultimately tho, just win and who cares which uni combos they're wearing!  

I prefer the contrast created by the grey face mask.

This combo isn't bad, but it's the reverse of the one I like best.  Blue on top, white on bottom.

I'm not really sure why they play with the uniforms so much.  Is there any data on how well this stuff sells at the Bills store?

People aren't buying red jerseys, for example, are they?

I like every combo we have EXCEPT the color rush jerseys.

Rankings that nobody asked for:

1. All-white throwbacks 
2. All-white away (preferably with white facemasks)
3. Blue top, white pants

4. All-blues (preferably with white facemasks)
5. White top, blue pants

All that's left now is for the NFL to change the rule about throwback helmet colors so that we can pull out the 90s throwbacks twice a year! I prefer our current look, but seeing those 90s jerseys two times a year would be fun nostalgia.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I like every combo we have EXCEPT the color rush jerseys.

Rankings that nobody asked for:

1. All-white throwbacks 
2. All-white away (preferably with white facemasks)
3. Blue top, white pants

4. All-blues (preferably with white facemasks)
5. White top, blue pants

All that's left now is for the NFL to change the rule about throwback helmet colors so that we can pull out the 90s throwbacks twice a year! I prefer our current look, but seeing those 90s jerseys two times a year would be fun nostalgia.

I wonder why the Bills don't bring back the blue over white throwbacks. Those look really nice as well.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

All they have to tweet is "not all reds" and I'm fine with it.

While I hate the all red uniform I’m still very grateful the Bills abandoned that monstrosity from the 2000s.  I cringe every time I see highlights from that era.  Anything they throw out there is okay by me. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I wonder why the Bills don't bring back the blue over white throwbacks. Those look really nice as well.

Agree. They are sharp, and I kind of miss them.

They're only allowed to have one throwback set, and they must have decided that they prefer the all-white throwbacks, which I can't argue against. They're beautiful. Would be cool if they alternated every other year, home and away throwback sets. Would give them more jersey selling opportunities, too, which is the ultimate point of all of this for the NFL.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

This combo isn't bad, but it's the reverse of the one I like best.  Blue on top, white on bottom.

I'm not really sure why they play with the uniforms so much.  Is there any data on how well this stuff sells at the Bills store?

I saw an article that after the the Steelers game a local store sold out of the red jerseys in one day.

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Red Helmet please.  

yeah, I know they can't this season.  but i'll keep asking. 

i mean, what would the penalty be if they did?? 

The main penalty they'd suffer is looking like A$$

Fergie's not our QB anymore - Josh can tell which team he's throwing to.

Edited by BobChalmers

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Because it's fun. And because it's boring to just do the same thing every week.

I have my favorites as well, but I like that they mix it up. Might as well.

8 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

While I hate the all red uniform I’m still very grateful the Bills abandoned that monstrosity from the 2000s.  I cringe every time I see highlights from that era.  Anything they throw out there is okay by me. 

Good news is you don't have to worry about seeing too many highlights from that era

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Irv said:

Hate white tops with white pants.  Hate. Wide right.

I remember being disappointed in the uni's for the SB XXV.   I was definitely hoping for the blue tops.   

Pro sports teams started going with more aggressive, darker and black backgrounds in uniforms in response to the sneaker/hiphop culture in the very late 80's so the all-whites were definitely uncool........they looked like tighty whities and gave the teams that wore them the look of the nail instead of the hammer.

That culture has passed and now there is an element of cool to wearing even terrible looking pajama style uni's like the color rush reds.   Those things just need a trap door on the back of the pants to complete the look.   Less aggressive colors are making a comeback in uni's in general.........like the powder blue coming back to baseball uni's.   So white on white isn't a white flag look anymore.

The Bills sold a good deal of black, red and blue jerseys and hats in that 89'-92 era...........I've got an awesome Thurman Thomas jersey and a "Griswold" hat of the like.    The Bills never went all in with the black color scheme but the Sabres eventually did though.

10 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Should of went all white.  Exact same as San Fran game. 

Patience.  You will probably get your wish for the Pats Monday night game.

4 hours ago, Rubes said:

Love me the white-on-blues. I may be in the minority, I guess.

My favorite look of the modern unis.  Throwbacks are the ultimate though.

Edited by purple haze

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Because it's fun. And because it's boring to just do the same thing every week.

I have my favorites as well, but I like that they mix it up. Might as well.

I agree. Im fine with red clown pajamas 1x a year on a rando Sunday 1pm game. Just not in the national spotlight in one of the biggest games in the last 20 years. 

6 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I agree. Im fine with red clown pajamas 1x a year on a rando Sunday 1pm game. Just not in the national spotlight in one of the biggest games in the last 20 years. 

I'd like to see them with red on white sometime, if that's even allowed. Not sure.

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m ambivalent on the socks, but I like the white on blue, and the blue on white.  The one item I really liked was the white face masks.  I wish that was standard as it looked good.

yeah,  the mix is best ..  All Blue is meh.  The norm people relate to is a mix.

More Red in the mix to get Red, White and Blue.   'Murica!!! 

(Red Helmet)

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Best combo, IMO. Throw in the standing buffalo and white face masks and I’ll need a change of shorts 

Love the "Grazing Buffalo" and the white facemasks as well.

On 12/16/2020 at 3:38 PM, Doc Brown said:

I bet they wear the Red uniforms around Christmas because they remind you of:

Red Christmas Stockings in Bulk | Windy City Novelties

On 12/16/2020 at 3:38 PM, Doc Brown said:

I agree.  In general, the color rush concept is lame.  All the team colors should be apparent and flash in some way.  These reds are worse than the blues.  They remind me of red long johns and don't suggest "look good, play good" to me.  Teams with the all blacks are even worse, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I agree.  In general, the color rush concept is lame.  All the team colors should be apparent and flash in some way.  These reds are worse than the blues.  They remind me of red long johns and don't suggest "look good, play good" to me.  Teams with the all blacks are even worse, imo.

Smart from a marketing perspective though.  More jersey sales.

If they insist on wearing the red jerseys once in a while then do red over white. That would be a nice look unless the league doesn't allow that uniform combo. The Bills should just stick with what works. White over white (current/throwback), blue over white, and white over blue. Bring back the blue over white (throwbacks) as well.