Week 15: Bills at Broncos

YoloinOhio

Not impressed with the Broncos fan takes on beating JA.  "Keep him in the pocket, don't let him extend plays! Make him go down the field every single drive!".  What in gods name are you talking about?  Josh Allen is a good quarterback AND he makes plays on the move. If you let him stand in the pocket, shuffling and scanning for 3+ seconds, expect to get torched.  If you let him roll smoothly to his right with his eyes down field, expect to get torched.  This is true for every good quarterback.  You need to get him off his spot, make him pull the ball down, and get him sprinting so he can't throw, otherwise he'll poke 10-15 yard holes in your coverage all day. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Not impressed with the Broncos fan takes on beating JA.  "Keep him in the pocket, don't let him extend plays! Make him go down the field every single drive!".  What in gods name are you talking about?  Josh Allen is a good quarterback AND he makes plays on the move. If you let him stand in the pocket, shuffling and scanning for 3+ seconds, expect to get torched.  If you let him roll smoothly to his right with his eyes down field, expect to get torched.  This is true for every good quarterback.  You need to get him off his spot, make him pull the ball down, and get him sprinting so he can't throw, otherwise he'll poke 10-15 yard holes in your coverage all day. 

Who cares? I'm sure they are still salty that they didn't draft him and are stuck with Lock. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The majority of people dont watch football outside of their team.  When those people talk they make themselves known.  The way to slow this Bills offense is getting hits on Allen.  Make him throw off his back foot.  Thats it.  You need him in the pocket and pressure.  Give him an espace lane good luck.  In the first half Pittsburgh did that.  Second half, the offense went to short passing attack and negated the pressure.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It's a trap really. At this point in his development, there is no real "best way" to defend JA. It's more of a "pick your poison" at this point. That's the upside that Josh revealed as early as year 1. That when he's on, there is no weak area of his to attack, and you have to defend the entire field.

22 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Not impressed with the Broncos fan takes on beating JA.  "Keep him in the pocket, don't let him extend plays! Make him go down the field every single drive!".  

First half of Steelers game Bronco forum was roasting JA.  Mid-way thru third a guy posts "OK JA is cooking now!"  🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Bronco fans are using yesterday's strategy.  Josh has proven he can easily adjust and take what a defense is giving him.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The more this week goes by the more it feels like a trap game.... Biggest win of the season last week and the Patriots next week.  Everyone has already assumed a win and a division title.

All this positive press. First the kid that went to Disney because of Milano and Davis and now Diggs is main story on ESPN website.

Very scared right now...

That is ingrained behavior to us long time BBFFs.  This year I have tried to focus on matchups and because of that I think we win this week.  They have street FAs playing at CB who will be asked to take away Diggs/Beasley and Davis.  While they have great safeties who can help bracket, I can't see them being successful here.  

And they are susceptible to the running game.  So hopefully Daboll will mix in some play action and let Josh take some shots.

• Like (+1) 2

I really do hope the Bills can close out the division against Denver. This game is far from a gimme even if the Bills are favored. Denver has a decent to good defense, playing in Denver is always a challenge and the Denver offense while inconsistent does do some things well and can pop off a decent game. 

Very interested in seeing just how things go in this game. It's a shorter week for these teams and I am wondering if that favors the home team? Luckily the weather appears to be cold but little chance of rain or snow. 

30 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The majority of people dont watch football outside of their team.  When those people talk they make themselves known.  The way to slow this Bills offense is getting hits on Allen.  Make him throw off his back foot.  Thats it.  You need him in the pocket and pressure.  Give him an espace lane good luck.  In the first half Pittsburgh did that.  Second half, the offense went to short passing attack and negated the pressure.  

Right. He's statistically the best qb in the league when he's not under pressure. 

2 minutes ago, finn said:

Right. He's statistically the best qb in the league when he's not under pressure. 

and also really friggin good when blitzed : ) 

you beat him like you beat any very good QB, hope to get home with your regular 4 or 5 man rush. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EndZoneCrew said:

LETS GO!  

c2b7e349df4886984827fc3525f7e2a6.jpg

Florida Man...

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

It was from the DNVR podcast, I expected some creativity.  They did point out that the bills are 1-3 against teams that rush the ball 50% or more of the time. One loss is the hail murray and the one win was vs New England. 

3 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It was from the DNVR podcast, I expected some creativity.  They did point out that the bills are 1-3 against teams that rush the ball 50% or more of the time. One loss is the hail murray and the one win was vs New England. 

It helps when teams are in a position to rush the ball 50% or more of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Kc was game plan.  Tennesee ran well once the game was in hand.  Cardinals was due to Kyler Murray.  I get they are looking at the positive to win.  Its getting pretty lazy to say Buffalo is terrible against the run.  So run it and we win.  10 teams had that same gameplan.  49ers and Pitts both had that idea.  Both got shut down.  I dont see how Buffalo losses the game. 

39 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It really helps this team against a good running team if we get out to a lead.  The 49ers and Raiders are the two games that come to mind with decent running games that had to become a more pass happy team it in the 2nd half to play catch up.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

10 minutes ago, Bufflow4 said:

Good to see Taron full go!

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Huge

It really is. In addition to being an underrated part of the resurgence of our run defense, it will also be critically important to have a quality nickel corner against a team that lines Jerry Jeudy up in the slot and likes to throw deep. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Woah.

I'll take any advantage I can get. If the game is close, this might end up being a big deal.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

That’s pretty big. I think this will be a close game, kicking game could come into play 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I think Denver is gonna try to take Diggs out of the Bills game plan. Beasley is gonna need a good masseuse after the game. 

Something most teams try to accomplish IMO. Until Beasley starts making them pay. The rookie Gabriel Davis flying under the radar keeps getting better and better...

Somethings got to give...

Thread topics looking good on the front page of TSW fellas...

...winning...