Did D. Williams Make a LOT of $ Tonight?

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Hopefully by us

What would that look like? Seems poised for a premium deal. Can the Bills afford to pay Feliciano and Williams, and...Allen? 

(Probably. Hopefully.)

1 minute ago, TonyBeets said:

He's been earning more every game he plays.  He's a guy we need to lock up before the league gets wind of his ability and his price goes up!

Too late, I'm afraid.

Former All-Pro returning to form...

6 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Shut down Watt, mostly on his own. Showcase-type performance late in a contract year. 

That young man is going to get PAID, no?

Who is this Watt you refer to?  Did he play tonight?  I don’t remember hearing his name much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

What would that look like? Seems poised for a premium deal. Can the Bills afford to pay Feliciano and Williams, and...Allen? 

(Probably. Hopefully.)

Hopefully we can keep all 3, but Feliciano wouldn't be too hard to replace. I could see us drafting a IOL on day 2. Then again, Feliciano probably won't cost very much.

McDermott just now asked about Williams' play tonight in his presser. 

The secret is out.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

Hopefully we can keep all 3, but Feliciano wouldn't be too hard to replace. I could see us drafting a IOL on day 2. Then again, Feliciano probably won't cost very much.

I think Feliciano's toughness, versatility, and character means a great deal to this football team. 

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

BEST FA signing besides Beasley

It CANT be - he came from Carolina and I heard from several reliable sometimes right posters who I'd like working for another team front office (preferably in AFCE) that no one coming out of Carolina is worth signing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I want Milano and Williams back and then write the blank check to Allen the following year 

I think given the amount of resources he'd demand, Milano is a much lower priority. I think you can replace Milano easier than you can replace Williams. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think given the amount of resources he'd demand, Milano is a much lower priority. I think you can replace Milano easier than you can replace Williams. 

Maybe, but I don’t want to.  I love me some Milano

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

It is a Williams thread, but I respectfully disagree with this take.  Milano is a rare talent in coverage and means a great deal on the field and to the team overall.  No one has a better work ethic.  He has a nose for the ball.  He is a gamer.  All he has done is make plays since he has been here.  He has had a couple injuries, but none are chronic.  Pay the man.

Williams and Feliciano are the two guys I could see taking a discount. Williams especially if there’s enough guaranteed money to insure his financial stability going forward. I could also see him signing for a higher guaranteed percentage on a slightly smaller contract than market rate. Don’t get me wrong, Williams will get paid, but I think he may just value having security on a well managed & coached playoff team. 

Just now, MarlinTheMagician said:

It is a Williams thread, but I respectfully disagree with this take.  Milano is a rare talent in coverage and means a great deal on the field and to the team overall.  No one has a better work ethic.  He has a nose for the ball.  He is a gamer.  All he has done is make plays since he has been here.  He has had a couple injuries, but none are chronic.  Pay the man.

But when he struggles to stay on the field every year there’s an issue that lowers his value. Is what it is..... too many sick days to get a management role. 

9 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Then what are you doing at right tackle? You think replacing a tackle of Williams ability is easier than replacing a linebacker of Milano's ability? Seems unlikely they can keep both. The defense started it's turn around with AJ Klein so I think McDermott can manage with a lesser player than Milano. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Sign our own, that is the policy, right?  I think we sign all three - Milano, Williams and Feliciano.  Beane will find a way, we have not stressed our cap yet, deals have not been reworked.

They've got to plan on Josh and Edmunds down the line.

The Bills are winning by having very good to excellent players in most starting positions, and having injuries heal up at the right time. 

The generally have 8s (out of 10) at lots of spaces.  The few that are better than 8 (Allen, Diggs, Beasley, White) are leaders and get paid like leaders.  The 8s get paid very, very well but not as much as what some other team for whom an 8 is a big upgrade would be willing to pay.  Jordan Phillips was an 8 last year and got the big contract from the Cardinals.  I don't think he's played like an 8 this year. 

The Bills' secret sauce is all those 8s.  Hyde, Poyer, Dawkins, Edmunds, Milano, Very good to excellent players in a lot of positions.  This is a much better model than having one or two 9s or 10s, and a lot of 5s and 6s starting.  The Bills have tried that many times and it doesn't work out. 

The Bills need to keep all their leaders, and as many of their 8s as possible, but it's hard because 8s want to get paid like 9s or even 10s, and there are teams willing help out.  Williams is playing like an 8, and he'll probably follow Phillips somewhere else.  We can't pay him like a 9 or 10.  We should be able to pay him like a true 8, and if he wants to accept that and stick around, that would be just fine.  I just doubt that will happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2