The josh haters are out in force today

Sharky7337

Just now, matter2003 said:

Funnier than this is when they said beating the league MVP at the time Russell Wilson and the Seahawks would be the Bills "Signature Win" and Allen went out and b!tchslapped them...now 4 weeks later that no longer counts because the Seahawks have slipped a little bit...

So if we beat the Steelers and then they lose to the Colts and Browns too, that no longer counts either??

Exactly. I think it already won't count because the Steelers have injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, Jauronimo said:

I don't think Keyshawn watches NFL football.

I finally watched this, and I can't say I agree.

Not a Keyshawn fan since his Jets days,  but he says that Josh is in the conversation for great young quarterbacks but not at the Aaron Rogers/Mahomes level yet.

He then goes on to add "to me...some would say I don't know what I'm talking about. He's not there yet, but he's certainly headed in that direction, leading the charge."

He follows that up by saying the smartest thing the Bills did, and mentions GM Brandon Beane, was trade for Stefon Diggs.

I was actually more impressed by him than most. He knew the players, he knew the history, he knew the stats, and wasn't reading from a cue card. And his comments about JA17 seem on point to me. Is he playing at an Aaron or Mahomes level right now - yeah. So was Wentz for a while. Can we say he's Aaron or Mahomes level - nope. He still has to show continuity and as much as hate using wins and losses or playoff performance as a metric, they count when you're debating the best of the best.

• Like (+1) 3

"I don't even remember the question, but I love the answer!"

😂😂

42 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

I finally watched this, and I can't say I agree.

Not a Keyshawn fan since his Jets days,  but he says that Josh is in the conversation for great young quarterbacks but not at the Aaron Rogers/Mahomes level yet.

He then goes on to add "to me...some would say I don't know what I'm talking about. He's not there yet, but he's certainly headed in that direction, leading the charge."

He follows that up by saying the smartest thing the Bills did, and mentions GM Brandon Beane, was trade for Stefon Diggs.

I was actually more impressed by him than most. He knew the players, he knew the history, he knew the stats, and wasn't reading from a cue card. And his comments about JA17 seem on point to me. Is he playing at an Aaron or Mahomes level right now - yeah. So was Wentz for a while. Can we say he's Aaron or Mahomes level - nope. He still has to show continuity and as much as hate using wins and losses or playoff performance as a metric, they count when you're debating the best of the best.

I think this is a reasonable take.  I know I had it when people were all like "put his bust in Canton already" about Lamar Jackson early this year.  OK, had a great year - but these guys are doing it year after year, and that's an integral part of the meaning of "Franchise QB" - he's "Mr Right" long-term for the Franchise, not "Mr Right Now".

But then, I am the one who said I love to store up bad takes so I can serve them with.....

Y'all entitled to take that into account when I say it's reasonable

• Haha (+1) 2

I guess this is as good a place as any

Signature wins

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/312705/improving-buffalo-bills-need-signature-win-vs-steelers-to-join-afcs-elite

Improving Buffalo Bills need signature win vs. Steelers to join AFC's elite

The NFL sent a memo Wednesday detailing various scenarios in which the top teams in each conference can clinch a playoff berth in Week 14 -- a list that included the Buffalo Bills (9-3).

Two years ago, the chatter surrounding the Bills this time of year revolved around who they would be able to select with their eventual top-10 pick in the 2018 NFL draft. Now, Buffalo fans are debating whether to root for the Kansas City Chiefs (11-1) to beat the Miami Dolphins (8-4) and extend the Bills' lead in the AFC East, or for a Miami victory that would boost Buffalo's chances to take the AFC's No. 1 seed

23 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Josh Allen hater Nick Wright is a Bills fan this week.

Allen was hampered by a shoulder injury more than he led on and also it took Daboll and him a little while to get comfortable against the disguised zone defenses teams started playing...San Fran wasn't so successful when they tried to replicate it.

Plus, QBs are not going to be great every single game. None of them are, not even Mahomes.

Allen, has raised his floor significantly. We can still win when Allen plays what is a poor game now because his poor games were his average games last year in some cases.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2020 at 6:27 PM, JGMcD2 said:

I've read prior thread re Bomani "hatred" for JA, and I trust I understand the arguments back and forth.

But honestly, after listening to the relevant sounds bite--and in my best (sotto voce) Bob De Niro voice--all I can say is "this sounds a little bit racist."

But, what the hell, I'm sure they'll come around.

1 hour ago, Dukestreetking said:

I've read prior thread re Bomani "hatred" for JA, and I trust I understand the arguments back and forth.

But honestly, after listening to the relevant sounds bite--and in my best (sotto voce) Bob De Niro voice--all I can say is "this sounds a little bit racist."

This is now the second time he’s said the only people hyping Allen are white and they are doing it for racial reasons. 

2 months ago, after Allen won player of the FREAKIN month, he said white fans were hyping Allen because they wanted a different skin color at the top of the qb lists, as most good young qb’s are black. 

Also when Foxworth mentions how they were asked the question about Allen and Jackson the other day. He hints that it was racially motivated because 2 white guys picked Allen. he forgot to mention Desmond Howard picked Allen over Jackson as well.... but that wouldn’t fit the “only racists think Allen is good” narrative. 

These 2 are complete garbage in my eyes. Routinely pulling out the race card at the drop of a hat. Scumbags.... the both of them. 

.... as for their comments on Allen’s play? To listen to them you would think they were talking about a guy on his way out of the league and not Vegas’ 3rd best odds getter in the MVP race.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is now the second time he’s said the only people hyping Allen are white and they are doing it for racial reasons. 

2 months ago, after Allen won player of the FREAKIN month, he said white fans were hyping Allen because they wanted a different skin color at the top of the qb lists, as most good young qb’s are black. 

Also when Foxworth mentions how they were asked the question about Allen and Jackson the other day. He hints that it was racially motivated because 2 white guys picked Allen. he forgot to mention Desmond Howard picked Allen over Jackson as well.... but that wouldn’t fit the “only racists think Allen is good” narrative. 

These 2 are complete garbage in my eyes. Routinely pulling out the race card at the drop of a hat. Scumbags.... the both of them. 

.... as for their comments on Allen’s play? To listen to them you would think they were talking about a guy on his way out of the league and not Vegas’ 3rd best odds getter in the MVP race.

I agree they make it all about race and not just this topic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

I'm not. This is gutter level racism at its worst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They naysayers will have to come around eventually.

Maybe on Allen. But apparently not on their blatant racist antics. I mean they’re both still employed by a huge network. Can you imagine if this was a podcast with 2 whites guys spewing similar racial non-sense? This sort of trash should be wrong no matter what the color. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Maybe on Allen. But apparently not on their blatant racist antics.

So, I'll beat the dead horse:

I get all this Stank...I suppose I was trying to be a bit light-hearted in my criticism (to wit, the latin phrase, De Niro ref, etc). And trying to afford them an out in the future.

I don't KNOW what's in a man's heart, so I try to reserve judgement. (h/t Seoulofstone)

But I was frankly surprised by how openly racist--there's no other reasonable way to put it--this dialogue was, esp compared to B's more "understated" TV commentary, which is iffy by itself.

And, believe me, I've worked in the most racist regions in the world (hello MidEast and Eastern Eur/former Soviet states).

Comparatively--though difficulties remain--the US is a racial bantamweight.

I mean, if you've ever been in Belgium (a NATO freaking ally, no less) try to get an avg Waloon and Flemish guy to to speak seriously re such issues. Good luck!

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/8/2020 at 1:35 PM, Back the Blue said:

Who friggin' cares.  Some Bills fans are so fragile.

That’s what’s so weird. During the Monday night game, Allen even said he need to improve on things form his first 2 years.  He was definitely a big question mark for us. Now, because he didn’t whine about getting treated unfair, he improved more than any qb I can remember in recent memory. He turned doubters (myself included) into believers.  

thank god he didn’t spend his team worrying about what pointless media people were saying. Dude just worked so salute to him.  He’s been awesome and we’re lucky to have him. 

19 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I actually think there original point was that in his first 2 years, if Josh was black, more would have been talked about him just being an athlete and not a good enough quarterback. That he got over drafted over much more productive college players in better conferences. (Lamar). And there was truth to that and after 2 years, it was true. 

now, Allen turned into a real deal qb so it’s really hard to doubt him anymore. 

17 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Maybe on Allen. But apparently not on their blatant racist antics. I mean they’re both still employed by a huge network. Can you imagine if this was a podcast with 2 whites guys spewing similar racial non-sense? This sort of trash should be wrong no matter what the color. 

Thank god no white people ever have an platforms with racist views! Bill Polian said the Heisman trophy winner should switch positions and he won a MVP at qb in 2 years.  

fun fact, people of all races can have dumb views. Also true is people can evolve in their opinion. I didn’t think Allen was good enough last year and with a better qb, like Watson, we could a worst made the AFC title game. This year, Allen is the strength of the team and there is not a bad thing to say about him. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I actually think there original point was that in his first 2 years, if Josh was black, more would have been talked about him just being an athlete and not a good enough quarterback. That he got over drafted over much more productive college players in better conferences. (Lamar). And there was truth to that and after 2 years, it was true. 

now, Allen turned into a real deal qb so it’s really hard to doubt him anymore. 

Thank god no white people ever have an platforms with racist views! 

Their original point may have been valid. That explains very little about how they are still pushing the narrative that basically anyone hyping Allen is doing it for racial reasons. It’s absurd and it’s blatantly racist. Again, you’ll notice Foxworth conveniently left out the fact Desmond Howard voted for Allen in the Allen vs Jackson debate. That obviously wouldn’t help push is “Only white people think Allen is good” BS. He purposely split it down the white/black line to paint a false portrait. 

and you’re delusional if you think, in this day and age, 2 white men employed by ESPN would ever be allowed to step foot in front of a camera if they ever displayed such ridiculous racist views... and they rightly shouldn’t be allowed... what if Mike Greenberg went on somebodies podcast and said any of the many black athletes still taking up for your boy cam Newton are obviously only doing it because he’s black. Maannnn he’d be off that network with the quickness! AS HE SHOULD BE. There’s no room for garbage like Jones and Foxworth are spewing. 

Both are racist trash in my eyes. Just as much as my confederate flag flying POS Uncle Phil that I refuse to be on the same room with.  One color of skin pushing racism is no less horrible than the other. People with public voices like Jones and Foxworth being able to speak like this is yet another small piece to this awful bigoted puzzle. but by all means you go ahead and justify it all you like. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Their original point may have been valid. That explains very little about how they are still pushing the narrative that basically anyone hyping Allen is doing it for racial reasons. It’s absurd and it’s blatantly racist. Again, you’ll notice Foxworth conveniently left out the fact Desmond Howard voted for Allen in the Allen vs Jackson debate. That obviously wouldn’t help push is “Only white people think Allen is good” BS. He purposely split it down the white/black line to paint a false portrait. 

and you’re delusional if you think, in this day and age, 2 white men employed by ESPN would ever be allowed to step foot in front of a camera if they ever displayed such ridiculous racist views... and they rightly shouldn’t be allowed... what if Mike Greenberg went on somebodies podcast and said any of the many black athletes still taking up for your boy cam Newton are obviously only doing it because he’s black. Maannnn he’d be off that network with the quickness! AS HE SHOULD BE. There’s no room for garbage like Jones and Foxworth are spewing. 

Both are racist trash in my eyes. Just as much as my confederate flag flying POS Uncle Phil. One color of skin pushing racism is no less horrible than the other. People with public voices like Jones and Foxworth being able to speak like this is yet another small piece to this awful bigoted puzzle. but by all means you go ahead and justify it all you like. 

Clay Travis has started the right wing barstool sports.  He basically says the exact opposite of what everyone says ESPN does. 

I never care what the media thinks. Do people honestly think Skip Bayless is that much of a moron (I mean he might be)? But it’s his gimmick. It’s no different than what people do on CNN or Fox News or a million other places. None of these people will ever admit when they are wrong about something.  

They get fans all fired up and they get so mad at the people saying the stuff. And they just laugh and make money after it. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

fun fact, people of all races can have dumb views. Also true is people can evolve in their opinion. I didn’t think Allen was good enough last year and with a better qb, like Watson, we could a worst made the AFC title game. This year, Allen is the strength of the team and there is not a bad thing to say about him. 

Everyone knew Josh wasn’t good enough and needed to get better. What was ridiculous all last year was your constant downplaying of his improvement and his contribution to the team in certain moments.... that continued into the offseason as you pounded the table with more ridiculous reasons as to why he wouldnt get better and be a good qb when everyone around here with a set of eyes could see it was coming. Now I’ll admit not quite to THIS level. But it was obvious to anyone that had a feel of how things were trending. 

also I love how, from what I’ve seen in the past, you portray yourself as fairly progressive and sorta “social justicey”.... until it’s anyone but a white individual being a bit racially slanted and then we should just ignore them because everyone has dumb views.... got ya. Noted. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

A very common reflex response I hear around here is "Who cares", "you're so sensitive!", "I like being the underdog!", "ignore them". 

Well let me tell you, I believe it is not normal for a person to ignore disrespect. If you stand up for yourself, and somebody says one of the above statements, you need to ignore them. 

As the Bills slowly become an elite team year after year (due in no small part to Josh Allen), the fanbase will begin shedding low self-esteem beliefs such as "I like being under the radar" and "haha look how these stupid fans care about what the country says about us". 

There is no better feeling than winning in front of the country and getting praise. To pretend it doesn't matter, is lunacy. As if we're all a bunch of monks living in the mountains. Trust me, I lurk on this board a lot. Wisdom is a scarce resource here. 

What makes it worse is seeing players like Lamar Jackson, Tua, Wentz, Murray, Mayfield, Herbert, etc. getting instant national praise their rookie years while we need to move mountains just to get a little positive attention. 

I saw a poster above mention that Allen doesn't care what the media says. Let me tell you, that if he didn't care what people said about him, he would've busted out of the league already. The reason Allen is carrying the Bills to glory right now, is because he won't stand for the injustice that is public opinion of his playing. He knew how good he was and could be, he knew how poor the team was around him while the QBs placed on pedestals are surrounded by all-pros. 

Let me say that I can't stand the ball-washing that teams like the Cowboys get every year, simply because I don't believe they deserve it. But nothing incenses me more than seeing an incredible story being ignored and then insulted by fools. The Buffalo fanbase should pull out pitchforks against PFF, FO, Bomani Jones, etc. They dished it out, but can't take it. They were exposed as frauds and clowns. And people want to ignore this, even worse, insult fellow fans that are upset about continuing lack of respect? Talk about having your priorities mixed up. 

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Everyone knew Josh wasn’t good enough and needed to get better. What was ridiculous all last year was your constant downplaying of his improvement and his contribution to the team in certain moments.... that continued into the offseason as you pounded the table with more ridiculous reasons as to why he wouldnt get better and be a good qb when everyone around here with a set of eyes could see it was coming. Now I’ll admit not quite to THIS level. But it was obvious to anyone that had a feel of how things were trending. 

also I love how, from what I’ve seen in the past, yoi portray yourself as fairly progressive and sorta “social justicey”.... until it’s anyone but a white individual being a bit racially slanted and then we should just ignore them because everyone has dumb views.... got ya. Noted. 

I think it's pretty clear by all that this poster is a clown with a strong personality.

Put him on ignore. 

Edit: talking about biscuit, not stank_nasty

Edited by ToGoGo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

A very common reflex response I hear around here is "Who cares", "you're so sensitive!", "I like being the underdog!", "ignore them". 

Well let me tell you, I believe it is not normal for a person to ignore disrespect. If you stand up for yourself, and somebody says one of the above statements, you need to ignore them. 

As the Bills slowly become an elite team year after year (due in no small part to Josh Allen), the fanbase will begin shedding low self-esteem beliefs such as "I like being under the radar" and "haha look how these stupid fans care about what the country says about us". 

There is no better feeling than winning in front of the country and getting praise. To pretend it doesn't matter, is lunacy. As if we're all a bunch of monks living in the mountains. Trust me, I lurk on this board a lot. Wisdom is a scarce resource here. 

What makes it worse is seeing players like Lamar Jackson, Tua, Wentz, Murray, Mayfield, Herbert, etc. getting instant national praise their rookie years while we need to move mountains just to get a little positive attention. 

I saw a poster above mention that Allen doesn't care what the media says. Let me tell you, that if he didn't care what people said about him, he would've busted out of the league already. The reason Allen is carrying the Bills to glory right now, is because he won't stand for the injustice that is public opinion of his playing. He knew how good he was and could be, he knew how poor the team was around him while the QBs placed on pedestals are surrounded by all-pros. 

Let me say that I can't stand the ball-washing that teams like the Cowboys get every year, simply because I don't believe they deserve it. But nothing incenses me more than seeing an incredible story being ignored and then insulted by fools. The Buffalo fanbase should pull out pitchforks against PFF, FO, Bomani Jones, etc. They dished it out, but can't take it. They were exposed as frauds and clowns. And people want to ignore this, even worse, insult fellow fans that are upset about continuing lack of respect? Talk about having your priorities mixed up. 

A-FRICKIN-MEN!  I’m so sick of the “fly under the radar” crap. No thanks. Put us on the radar please. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

You are only speaking for yourself here. There are plenty of us who couldn’t care less about getting praise from the national media. There’s no better feeling than winning in front of the country when the other team has been ball washed like the 49ers were, whether we get praise or not after is irrelevant. As for Josh, his fire comes from within and to think a man of his character would be a bust if he didn’t care what people said about him is a ridiculous take. The whole chip on your shoulder thing can only take you so far and is given far more lip service than it deserves. Special athletes have an inner drive that isn’t derived from what other people are saying about them. There may be a small component of that but its minor compared to an inner will to be great.

I give up getting pissed about Josh detractors, though I do find PFF trying to defend their Allen rankings quite funny.

So my favorite QB's are Allen, Wilson, Mahomes, Brees & Watson......  Heck I defended Tyrod Taylor (and blamed McD for his coaching).

Now have never been a Jackson Fan, nor Murray (too much kudos too early), so what does that make me?

21 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Even before I read the article, I said watch this is somehow based around race. Was 100% right. When I watched the Kiper clip of him getting pissed about the lack of respect it did go in the back of my head that the 3 other panelists were black former players and they all chose Jackson as the guy they would build their team around. I knew the answer before they even said it. It’s ridiculous can’t he be wrong, acknowledge Allen has been a lot better and still like Black QBs around the league. 

Male version of Jemele Hill, its flat out disgusting

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Even before I read the article, I said watch this is somehow based around race. Was 100% right. When I watched the Kiper clip of him getting pissed about the lack of respect it did go in the back of my head that the 3 other panelists were black former players and they all chose Jackson as the guy they would build their team around. I knew the answer before they even said it. It’s ridiculous can’t he be wrong, acknowledge Allen has been a lot better and still like Black QBs around the league. 

Male version of Jemele Hill, its flat out disgusting

Desmond Howard actually went with Allen. That’s makes the whole foxworth comments about it even more awful. He left that part out because it wouldn’t have perpetuated the white racist narrative. 

31 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

You are only speaking for yourself here. There are plenty of us who couldn’t care less about getting praise from the national media. There’s no better feeling than winning in front of the country when the other team has been ball washed like the 49ers were, whether we get praise or not after is irrelevant. As for Josh, his fire comes from within and to think a man of his character would be a bust if he didn’t care what people said about him is a ridiculous take. The whole chip on your shoulder thing can only take you so far and is given far more lip service than it deserves. Special athletes have an inner drive that isn’t derived from what other people are saying about them. There may be a small component of that but its minor compared to an inner will to be great.

Inner drive + injustice of not being recognized = Supermax Contract 

But I've had enough of this fear of attention. "I don't care about praise". OK, that's good for you. 

What I sense instead is resistance. Resistance of glory. Resistance of too much success. Fear of success, even. A lack of trust in your team to perform under the brightest of lights. Why else would a person prefer to be "under the radar" instead of getting the props they deserve? Not healthy IMO. Bigger than a Bills problem, it's a Buffalo problem. 

Josh could have a 6000 yard, 50 TD, undefeated Super Bowl MVP season, and there would still be articles the morning after about how he is the luckiest player of all time to have 19 straight fluke performances.

PFF would list him as their 4th best QB for playing hero ball and forcing too many balls through tight windows.

• Like (+1) 1