I love our 2 RB's!

LB48

Sure, they are small.  Sure, they don't have high end speed.  

Singeltary & Moss are a great combination.  They hit the holes quickly and can make moves in the Defensive backfield to add yardage.  Both seem to block well and catch passes  out of the backfield.  

They may not be 225# Super Star, high profile running backs and that's fine.   I like what the Bills have!!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ll bite. 

They are a good pairing...so long as we have a respectable line...which we did this past Sunday. 

O line is a fickle thing: remove one of the five and all changes. An O line is a sum of its parts. Feliciano is a really big piece. 

It’ll be interesting to see when Ford and Morse are healthy what it looks like. 

• Like (+1) 4

Two weeks ago they were terrible (small, slow and weak), Yeldon needed to play more and we were foolish for waiting until the 3rd round to draft RBs.  Funny how the narrative can change so quickly with one successful game.  OL play makes a difference.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Singeltary & Moss are a great combination.  They hit the holes quickly and can make moves in the Defensive backfield to add yardage.  Both seem to block well and catch passes  out of the backfield.  

They may not be 225# Super Star, high profile running backs and that's fine.   I like what the Bills have!!!

I never thought Emmitt Smith was a special talent. He just played behind what was one of the best OLInes for MANY years. A slightly above average RB is the all time leader in NFL rushing yards. 

BUILD THE LINES! 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Absolutely.  I loved Motor since last year but Moss finally had his breakout game. I guess with the injury , ya can't blame him but I loved seeing him just run through arm tackles like it was nothing.  

They can really be a great combo with Moss mainly being in there in Red Zone situations. 

I saw a Bills reporter on Twitter say that Dabol said they practiced 3 passing plays on Fri and the rest running ! The young guys delivered! Also will make future opponents respect our run game more and open things up for Josh. If the run game can get going consistently, I see the O putting up #s we saw in September. 

I like them too, but I think you all are a little out of focus after that win hit your lens.

1. No, they don't hit the holes quickly. If there's a wide open hole, sure. Otherwise, they're lack of quickness to the line is not helpful. This has been noticeable all season.

2. Only Singletary seems to be able to make something out of nothing. His special talents are the ankle-breaking cuts and finishing like a big back. I think he learned a little of that from Gore, too. You'll notice that he fights to the last second, even with 3 defensemen gang-tackling him. He's always falling forward at the end. I believe these aspects of his game are what's keeping him ahead on the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LB48 said:

I wish we had a third guy with breakaway speed.  Without the threat to take it to the house teams will be able to employ heavy DB sets because our big play potential is by way of the pass.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Two weeks ago they were terrible (small, slow and weak), Yeldon needed to play more and we were foolish for waiting until the 3rd round to draft RBs.  Funny how the narrative can change so quickly with one successful game.  OL play makes a difference.

Mongo approves of this message. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I never thought Emmitt Smith was a special talent. He just played behind what was one of the best OLInes for MANY years. A slightly above average RB is the all time leader in NFL rushing yards. 

BUILD THE LINES! 

The game has changed. If the line can pass block then they are good. Run blocking is nice to have but down on the list of things needed for success.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Mongo approves of this message. 

That pec injury must of healed nicely because the man grabbed Moss by the waist band and straight up dragged him into the end zone like he was tossing a 200lb sack onto the back of a pick up truck.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, msw2112 said:

As does the other team playing 7 dbs. 

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The game has changed. If the line can pass block then they are good. Run blocking is nice to have but down on the list of things needed for success.

I think maybe you misunderstood (possibly because I mentioned E. Smith). I’m not staying the OLine and Dline are all about the run. They are critical to winning, both in the running and passing games. For example, getting pressure with only 4 pass rushers allows you to keep more guys in coverage. 

BUILD THE LINES! 

11 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Moss took a big step forward for mine. Singletary won me over last year.

We have our running back committee for years to come.

Kinda the same for me...though I still want to see a little more from Moss.  I was fearing he was a "bust", so one good game doesn't get him off the hot seat for me...but it is a start.  I want to see him get the hard yards on a consistent basis.

I'm really happy w/ what I've seen from Moss.  It seems like they have been gradually working him back in since his injury, and he has made the most of his opportunities.  He shows good awareness out there & really keeps his legs moving after 1st contact....

13 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Moss really impressed me. 

Amazing what ditching the read option and making holes can do for your run game. 

I don't know if the Bills really have a read option?  It seems the plays are set regardless of what Allen sees in a second or two.

22 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Moss really impressed me. 

Amazing what ditching the read option and making holes can do for your run game. 

Yup

Been saying that for weeks now, get the guys 7 yards deep and let our little bowling balls hammer away.

All these tight read options give the backs no head of steam and it tends to result in a lot of dancing at the line trying to find daylight.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/3/2020 at 7:26 AM, LB48 said:

Actually they hit the holes too slow and the holes close too fast.   Luckily the Patriots had 6-7 DBs all the time and the OL helped keep the holes open for the RBs to take advantage.

18 hours ago, Jobot said:

Patriots played 7 defensive backs all game... don't get fooled that the Bills all of the sudden have a great rushing attack, we took what NE gave us on Sunday.

this

• Like (+1) 1

Offensive line has been the main issue this season.  The Bills got their tackle situation settled only to have the interior of the line fall apart.  If Morse recovers from his concussion and continues playing, Feliciano gets back to his reliable run blocking self, Ford can get healthy, and Boettger can at least play like he played last Sunday, we may have the makings of a solid run blocking line, with a bit of depth to boot..  The question is will they be able to protect Allen against a tough defensive line?   If Singletary and Moss have a little space (or Yeldon for that matter) they'll be fine.

Edited by TigerJ

Me too. I'd still like one with speed, but we are getting solid play from a pair of 3rd round picks.

On 11/2/2020 at 7:21 PM, msw2112 said:

We need to build in the trenches.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:29 PM, Augie said:

BUILD THE LINES! 

I remember him as much better than that. 

On 11/2/2020 at 7:56 PM, LB48 said:

I think Singletary is good, at times he hits the hole slower than I would like to see.  Hoping he has more upside. 

Moss is still learning and we started to see him run with power last week.  Need more of that but he looks promising so far.  

The OL has not been strong at run blocking, the Pats* game is the exception as they were finally able to take advantage of multiple DB schemes.  Feliciano helped a lot.