Miami Dolphins cleared for full stadium capacity

Big C
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-related topics.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Really man? That is what we need now? I am not even getting into the pandemic concerns. Whatever happened to fair competition? McD was unhappy even with the Fins having 13K fans. Now this?

If you've ever been to a Bills-Dolphins game in Miami, you know that even at full capacity, there little to no home field advantage, at least from the crowd.  I would imagine the same is true in J-ville.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am also in the getting back to business as usual for the most part. But opening up with no restrictions and saying it’s ok for 65k is crazy even if they stay at 13k. It’s mind boggling to me to see that high a number approved. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, mannc said:

If you've ever been to a Bills-Dolphins game in Miami, you know that even at full capacity, there little to no home field advantage, at least from the crowd.  I would imagine the same is true in J-ville.

TY. I have not been to one - so I defer to superior knowledge. But .. if what you say is true - why was McD critical of the competitive disadvantage when fans were allowed in Miami but not in WNY?

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

TY. I have not been to one - so I defer to superior knowledge. But .. if what you say is true - why was McD critical of the competitive disadvantage when fans were allowed in Miami but not in WNY?

I'm not sure what McDermott said about that or why he said it.  It's hard to imagine 13,000 fans in a 70,000 seat open-air stadium making enough noise for it to matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'm not sure what McDermott said about that or why he said it.  It's hard to imagine 13,000 fans in a 70,000 seat open-air stadium making enough noise for it to matter. 

if there are 13K there, in a 70K stadium, do they still play the fake crowd noise?  If not, it might be that 13K makes less sound?  

• Simon locked this topic

I'm not likely the only moderator who is tired of having to spend so much of my time cleaning up after people who think they don't have to follow the same guidelines as everybody else. For my part, I am rapidly approaching the point where I will be moving from a polite warning model to an automatic suspension model.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Simon unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Really man? That is what we need now? I am not even getting into the pandemic concerns. Whatever happened to fair competition? McD was unhappy even with the Fins having 13K fans. Now this?

What do you care, the Bills have already played them and beat them.  Miami could play to packed houses the rest of the season, they still won't finish above .500.  Seems a bit extreme at this stage of the game but so does not letting any fans in at the Ralph even though our daily is usually below 1.5%.  Weird times we live in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm not likely the only moderator who is tired of having to spend so much of my time cleaning up after people who think they don't have to follow the same guidelines as everybody else. For my part, I am rapidly approaching the point where I will be moving from a polite warning model to an automatic suspension model.

@Simon I got a joke for ya.

"Did you hear what happened to the scientist who stored his dynamite in his home refrigerator?"

"I heard he Blew his Cool!"

Right there witcha.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

@Simon I got a joke for ya.

"Did you hear what happened to the scientist who stored his dynamite in his home refrigerator?"

"I heard he Blew his Cool!"

Right there witcha.

Dad joke.

Reported!

• Haha (+1) 3