Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I really hope they provide an explanation as to why seemingly different standards are being applied to Buf/Ten vs. Den/NE.Ā  I doubt it though.

Money...and probably to force Pegula to build a new stadium...šŸ¤”

Edited by JaCrispy

46 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I was making an analogy on rationale used to justify hypocritical decisions.Ā  The NFL argues player safety, yet they are willing to expose players of a team to players clearly exposed to covid.Ā  It just isn't right.

Ā 

It is theoretically possible that given contacts/exposure etc the positive test of this coach is not a deal breaker.Ā  Suppose, for example, he has been away from the facility and not in contact with any players since Sept. 26, and the positive test results from that known cluster.

Ā 

But the NFL needs to be 100% transparent about their findings from the investigation in Tennessee and 100% transparent about the exposures behind this new positive test and their decison-making process.

Ā 

Because otherwise it looks like you're right on, the NFL is saying "screw player safety, screw our own rules, Play the Game because we say it's safe"

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I really hope they provide an explanation as to why seemingly different standards are being applied to Buf/Ten vs. Den/NE.Ā  I doubt it though.

Especially when the Ten situation seems much wose than NE.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think this a pretty poor take. While I admit that my confidence in the NFL is notĀ particularly high, it's ridiculous to think that there is not next-level planning.

Ā 

Everything is not on the fly, and while they're operating based on new informationĀ as new information comes in, that's how decisions should be made.Ā 

Ā 

Just because the general public isn't aware of the plans that the NFL has (and why would we be privy to every detail of a business, it's not like Target has their COVID contingency plan out for the public to see at all times) doesn't mean there is no plan.Ā 

Ā 

It's so funny how the psychology of being a fan v.Ā a consumer works. Fans react so emotionally to everything, it's quite funny.

Ā 

There is no reason to keep aspects of a plan like that secret, or hidden from the public.Ā  What is the threshold of players/staff infected before they postpone a game?Ā  Where is the "extra" time built into the season or the end of the season for make-up games?Ā  What are the consequences for a team that breaks protocol?

Ā 

From any objective point of view, this looks thrown together.Ā  It looks like they based their entire plan on wishful thinking.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Yeah I really need to set my fantasy lineups before 1... Need info before then.

Ā 

I hear ya manĀ šŸ¤ž.Ā  Ā I have Diggs, and picked up Tre'Quan Smith of NO as a placeholder for Diggs' spot.Ā  Figured by the Monday night game, we will know for sure if Buf plays.

Ā 

The NFL not only has to worry about real player safety, but optics too. They are in a tough spot.Ā  If Buffalo/Tenn play and the Bills get one positive test over the following week (whether from the Titans, from the travel or just by chance)..the league will get blasted.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

They absolutely need to do this.Ā  They don't owe it to us (the fans) but they owe it to the players.

Because Tennessee can test two more days and if they donā€™t have any more positives they can play by the NFL rule. Ā Patriots positive today made playing Monday night out of the question. Ā  A Tennessee positive tomorrow will put an end to Tuesdayā€™s game. Ā 

Edited by CaptnCoke11

2 hours ago, scribo said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What is scary is that Americans still don't know this.Ā Ā 

Ā 

26 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Roger Goodell and the entire NFL look like a bunch of friggin clowns right now. How does a multi Billionaire league that had 6 months to prepare for this not have a legit plan/flow chart laid out for this already?

Ā 

Morons.....

Ā 

Exactly.Ā  NFL is getting it's ideasĀ from the "Incompetent Managers Handbook".Ā  Don't have a real plan, just wait until the circumstances overwhelm

you and you're left with no good choices.Ā Ā 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

It is theoretically possible that given contacts/exposure etc the positive test of this coach is not a deal breaker.Ā  Suppose, for example, he has been away from the facility and not in contact with any players since Sept. 26, and the positive test results from that known cluster.

Ā 

But the NFL needs to be 100% transparent about their findings from the investigation in Tennessee and 100% transparent about the exposures behind this new positive test and their decison-making process.

Ā 

Because otherwise it looks like you're right on, the NFL is saying "screw player safety, screw our own rules, Play the Game because we say it's safe"

Bingo.Ā 

Ā 

The skeptic in me says they won't because the "facts" they'd need to present would involve a lot of pretzel logic.Ā  They need to show Den/NE was a no-go because "xyz" and Buf/Ten is on because "abc".Ā  If there is logic behind that then fine.Ā  Personally, short of any new info, I think the Den/NE game was easier to reschedule than Buf/Tenn and that is all there is to it.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Because Tennessee can test two more days and if they donā€™t have any more positives they can play by the NFL rule. Ā Patriots positive today made playing Monday night out of the question. Ā 

Ā 

So why couldn't they play on Tuesday too?

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, oldmanfan said:

If IĀ am the Bills physicians there is no way I advise the Bills to walk into the Titans stadium on Tuesday. Ā No idea how many Titans are infected plus you have to question their protocols for disinfection and such.

Ā 

The other hammer is held by Cuomo.Ā  Currently, professional sports teams have an exemption for the out-of-state quarantine rules.Ā  That can easily be pulled if the NFL is deemed to be reckless.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Because Tennessee can test two more days and if they donā€™t have any more positives they can play by the NFL rule. Ā Patriots positive today made playing Monday night out of the question. Ā  A Tennessee positive tomorrow will put an end to Tuesdayā€™s game. Ā 

Ā 

What about the CBA rule that's been brought up here, that players are supposed to be able to have 2 practices before they play a game?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

Ā 

There is no reason to keep aspects of a plan like that secret, or hidden from the public.Ā  What is the threshold of players/staff infected before they postpone a game?Ā  Where is the "extra" time built into the season or the end of the season for make-up games?Ā  What are the consequences for a team that breaks protocol?

Ā 

From any objective point of view, this looks thrown together.Ā  It looks like they based their entire plan on wishful thinking.

Ā 

What benefit is there to telling the public? They're gathering real time information to make the best decision possible. Things are fluid, even when you have a well laid out plan. You have to adjust based on new information otherwise you're just as poor of a leader as the guy who doesn't make a plan in the first place. EDIT: My point on this is that you see the chaos associated with constantly changing what's going on... sometimes it is better to wait to make a decision rather than whipping back and forth between outcomes. It avoids panic and confusion.

Ā 

I would say the plan was probably predicated on professional athletes and adults being able to follow a simple set of rules in order to avoid this situation.

Ā 

I think the league in conjunction with the NFLPAĀ wereĀ well within in their right to believe that all 32 organizations and their players would understand the magnitude of a global pandemic and follow the rules that were agreed upon via collective bargaining in order to conduct the season.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by JGMcD2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ā 

What about the CBA rule that's been brought up here, that players are supposed to be able to have 2 practices before they play a game?

Theyā€™re talking about opening the facility later today, which would allow them today and tomorrow

Just now, realtruelove said:

I just heard on NFL Network that it's possible that TN could open their facility later today.Ā  Sounds to me like they are hell bent to get this game in.

Yep. Ā This game will be played if no new tests tomorrow. Ā 

1 minute ago, realtruelove said:

I just heard on NFL Network that it's possible that TN could open their facility later today.Ā  Sounds to me like they are hell bent to get this game in.

Yup. Ā Hard to say for sure, but it looks like theyā€™re going to try their best to get this game in.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Ā 

Ā 

Sounds completely fair......Ā  No competitive advantage for Bills opponents at all.Ā  NFL punishes the Titans by making their opponent this week prepare for 2 teams at the same time.Ā 

Ā 

And, in addition as pointed out by other posts, the NFL bends over backwards for the Pats* by moving their game to next week so they can get their star QB and CB healthy so they can play and be at full strength.

Ā 

Yeah......sounds fair.....

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Without practice for two weeks?Ā  Seems to me they couldnt care less about the safety of the Titans/Bills.

Edited by Scott7975