Are there any three WR you would want more than ours?

Forget 4-5, even though Davis seems very good. Forget TE and RB.

Would you trade our #1 Diggs, #2 Brown, and #3 slot Beasley, for any other team's top three wide receivers?

Several teams have a very good three.

But because of their varied, all around, and especially complementery skills, I don't think I would.

Beane is a genius.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Hopkins, Kirk and Fitz maybe?  Maybe.

Hopkins is great, maybe #1 in the league. Fitz even 2-3 years ago was still pretty great. I think it would be an easy decision to choose Brown over Fitz right now (Larry Fitzgerald may be the nicest most liked person in the entire NFL). I think Beasley is probably better than Kirk who is pretty good.

What makes our three great, IMO, is how complementary they are. Both Diggs and Brown can go deep. All three are good over the middle. Diggs and Beasley can work out of the slot. All three run excellent routes AND have good hands and awareness. Look at that play today by Zay Jones. Great pass, he just couldn't track it in the air. All of our three are excellent fundamental WR.

I would probably say, that the only trio that we could trade for and possibly see an improvement would be the Cards. There was a really interesting article 2 weeks ago about how the Bills and Cards are performing better on Offense because they have receivers that can gain separation. It would be curious to see if we'd be better swapping the trio outright.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am not an Amari Cooper fan at all.  Some people like his game and I hate it.  But Cooper, Lamb and Gallup is quite a trio.

Yup. My argument would be I would rather have Diggs than Cooper. I would rather have Brown than Lamb right now. If we are saying that in 2-3 years Lamb will be better than Brown. I like Beasley more than Gallup, and again, I like the complementary skills of our group. Cowboys and Falcons are both good though.

Would you, right now, trade Diggs, Brown and Beasley for Cooper, Lamb and Gallup? I think its something to consider. I would not. Who would here?

3 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Tommy’s boys in TB are pretty good when all healthy.

Its just amazing that we’re in the discussion and have one of the best offenders in the NFL.

When healthy, Evans and Godwin are an impossible twosome to beat.

If we're talking strictly top 3 I'd give a slight edge to the Cowboys. But the best thing about our WR core (and why it's the best in the league) is that we have 4 very good receivers. It allows us to line up with 4 receivers way more than anyone else in the league and when smoke went out vs the rams gabe davis was able to step in and the offense didn't miss a beat.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Would you trade our #1 Diggs, #2 Brown, and #3 slot Beasley, for any other team's top three wide receivers?

But because of their varied, all around, and especially complementery skills, I don't think I would.

Beane is a genius.

Just Brown for Kupp

39 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Falcons and Cowboys are at least in the discussion. 

The chiefs...even though it would be a TE instead of the 3rd WR....  Travis, Tyreek and Sammy do form an incredible arsenal for Mahomes

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

If we're talking strictly top 3 I'd give a slight edge to the Cowboys. But the best thing about our WR core (and why it's the best in the league) is that we have 4 very good receivers. It allows us to line up with 4 receivers way more than anyone else in the league and when smoke went out vs the rams gabe davis was able to step in and the offense didn't miss a beat.

Good point.

I don't think there is a clear answer here but, please answer these three questions, for THIS season not for future seasons. Like, for example, for 2020 I would want John Brown over Gallup. They could be a wash for sure. Gallup is good. If I was starting a team I would want Lamb over Beasley. If I wanted a guy for 2020 I think I want Beasley over Lamb. It's a fun argument.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Expand the question to WR group, not just 3, and I'll say yes.

It's the option of Davis and McKenzie that also help make them elite

I said three in purpose. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Falcons and Cowboys are at least in the discussion. 

I say Falcons are, but the Cowboys WRs seem to often disappear for a game or so.  The consistency out of our top 3 through 4 games has been fantastic.  Although, I could be wrong about Dallas WRs,  I'd put them a peg below us and ATL.  

Our WR corps is amazing. Lots of speed, great hands and with Davis some good size.

Very happy about the WR corps. May be the best 1-4 ever.

Kroft and Knox add an interesting mix at TE. Have to account for them, but not game plan for them.

11 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Chiefs / browns / seahawks

So, just curious, for the 2020 season you would trade all three of our guys for all three of the chiefs, browns and seahawks guys and we would be better? Not saying you're wrong. But would like to know the reasoning.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Really think you should change the title to "Any Four" as maybe there is some teams that you could argue are very close, but adding Davis as the 4th puts the end to any discussion.  Even McKenzie and Roberts not bad there either.

Agreed.  We've got a great group that play with a lot of heart!

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Maybe a few years ago.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Maybe a few years ago.

If you can keep the salaries for our guys then I take the Cowgirl's, Falcons and Bucs.

I prefer our top 3 because of the $<talent level.

Our guys seem to be willing to play here for less.  I don't think Josh will cost $50 mil p/y.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

I have been on the Diggs train since he was drafted. I was hoping for a late rd WR to be a diamond in the rough and that’s Davis. This team has the best WR core in the NFL right now. I still want to see more 4 WR sets because our 3 and 4 are way better than the other teams 3rd and 4th CB’s. This offense can give you so many different looks in so many formations. This is going to be a fun ride.

Rams, Seahawks, Cowgirls, Falcons and Chiefs fans may all argue this but I’ll take the Bills 3 (or 6 - Diggs/Brown/Bease/Davis/McKenzie/Know) over anyone in the league because they seem to be the perfect fit for JA. They all want to play and win with him. Same page. Same mind. Same heartbeat for Buffalo!

I don't watch very many games outside the Bills so my question for those who watch more of the league, do any other teams do such a good job of incorporating 5 Wrs into their gameplans? With that being said, that would be so hard for a defense to have to key on five different WRs. That's not even including a dual threat RB, TEs who have made plays, and a QB who can run as well.

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Beane is a genius.

Being a man of many words let me just say 

No.   

;)  :lol:

I love these guys.

Brown, The Beastly Little Smurf and Diggs. !!  

Brown, Beasley and Diggs.  WR's at large. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

8 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Really think you should change the title to "Any Four" as maybe there is some teams that you could argue are very close, but adding Davis as the 4th puts the end to any discussion.  Even McKenzie and Roberts not bad there either.

Im with Ed, it’s a mistake to not include Davis as a quartet.  I agree too Roberts broke a beautiful return, and McKenzie is not expensive so great we kept him.  I know he obvious is TE, but Kroft is getting open and unlike another TE, seems to have sure hands.  The drop he had was on Allen, not Kroft.  Even the catch Knox had in the fourth was almost a drop as he was looking up field too fast.  The guy needs to stop trying to be the hero and just move the chains.  I’m sure Knox will get better, but let him do it in practice and keep Kroft in the games.

Bottom line is I love our WR’s, and Beasley is open even more than he’s being targeted which will come in time from the connection with Allen.  Allen does have such a nice trust in Diggs.