What did FitZ say to Josh?

Bakin

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

https%3A%2F%2Fbuffalowdown.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F1190175867-850x560.jpeg

Fitz Wonderlic question to Josh ( I could read his lips)

Question

Emma and Anna went to the market to buy 25 fruits. Emma got a few apples that cost $2 each, and Anna bought some oranges which cost $3 each. If their combined total is $60, how many oranges did Anna get?

This doesn't make sense. A few is three. Is that not universally accepted? If so, Anna HAD to get 22 oranges.

13 hours ago, Bakin said:

$71,000,000 in career earnings. 
smart and funny

And a hot wife to boot...

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

Fitz facial hair growth is directly proportional to his fecundity (he's up to 7 kids now)... 

I mean have you seen his wife? I'd be all over that every chance I got too...

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Fitz wants Josh to put a good word in for him for next year backup.  Fitz wants a ring!

I would have absolutely zero problem with that.  Fitz(both Magic AND Tragic) would be a significant upgrade over Barkley.  And I like Barkley....but i love Fitz.

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

"You might be better then me.....but you still cant grow facial hair"

“If I had your arm, I’d be a top 5 qb ever”

nothing but respect for Fitz.  He is a top 20 qb in the league but ultimately will never be fully good enough.  

3 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I would love Fitz as buffalo's backup Qb

The biggest mistakes Gailey made is not drafting a qb to learn under Fitz.  Fitz would the best backup/ mentor in the league because he’s not good enough to have an ego about helping out a young guy.  If I was Miami, I’d keep him as long as he wants to play for Tua.

19 hours ago, HOUSE said:

https%3A%2F%2Fbuffalowdown.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F1190175867-850x560.jpeg

Fitz Wonderlic question to Josh ( I could read his lips)

Question

Emma and Anna went to the market to buy 25 fruits. Emma got a few apples that cost $2 each, and Anna bought some oranges which cost $3 each. If their combined total is $60, how many oranges did Anna get?

Ok, I'll bite😎

a "few"=3. at $2 each=$6.

$60-$6=$54

$54÷$3=18 oranges

just because they "went to buy " 25 fruits, doesn't mean they "bought" 25 fruits

Edited by BuffAlone

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

Exactly.  No one ran him out of town.  I think most rational Bills fans knew it was best for both parties to part ways.

If I live to be 100, Fitz will still be one of my favorite Bills of all-time.  But he had to go when he went.

Our GM was caught on tape trying to trade Fitz to a Pizza Hut chain in Tampa if he refused to take a pay cut.  After that, there was really no other choice but for both parties to move on.

I've said this often but I want to hammer the point.  Fitz could do Romo's job better than Romo.  Knows more players and coaches in the league, has played for franchises in 8 different cities, has great comedic timing (see the Fred Jackson roast) and has had to learn more football than most any other QB in history having learned so many systems and his longevity in the league says way more about his attitude than talent.  He is smart enough to know that he can't always act that smart and has built up a cache of good will around the league.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

If Fitzpatrick went into broadcasting, between him and Romo we would have some great up and coming talent in the booth.

Seems like there's the old guard and then everyone else at the bottom, aside from Romo. 

What, you don't like Dedes and Archuleta?

21 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ah, but Fitz coming back home would break the curse and ensure a Bills Super Bowl victory!

Just in case, let's let him go

51 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I would absolutely bring Fitz back...except that he always ends up starting. :cry:

Exactly

2 hours ago, bearstobills said:

Now I'm all excited about the possibility of Fitz as a backup next year.  He's perfect.  He's already pocketed 70 mil in his career, has Buffalo in his blood, is almost 40, and would be ideal if Josh went down.  I gotta believe we could get him for 4-5 million.

I don't think "Backup QB for 4-5 million" is on Beane's to-do list at this point

1 hour ago, bearstobills said:

Matt Barkley currently has a 2 million cap hit.  Is it that irresponsible to upgrade the most important position in football for another 2 million?  

Absolutely not irresponsible.  Paying the big bucks for a top quality backup won the Iggles their Superbowl Championship and took them into the playoffs the following year.

It could be seen as super responsible!

I'm just saying I don't think it's something Beane is gonna do.  He has a strategy for how and on whom to spend money.  I'm saying backup QB ain't "it" for him right now.

I'm just happy he shelled out for some quality WR and OL help, vs. how they always cheaped it in Carolina

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Absolutely not irresponsible.  Paying the big bucks for a top quality backup won the Iggles their Superbowl Championship and took them into the playoffs the following year.

It could be seen as super responsible!

I'm just saying I don't think it's something Beane is gonna do.  He has a strategy for how and on whom to spend money.  I'm saying backup QB ain't "it" for him right now.

I'm just happy he shelled out for some quality WR and OL help, vs. how they always cheaped it in Carolina

Agreed. That said, I gotta tell ya: Fitzpatrick had an incredibly good game on Sunday. If not for that dropped TD (on a ball that was perfectly thrown), the Bills may have lost that one. We couldn't stop him. He was 16-17 over the middle and averaged 11 yards per attempt with 2 TDs.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I've said this often but I want to hammer the point.  Fitz could do Romo's job better than Romo.  Knows more players and coaches in the league, has played for franchises in 8 different cities, has great comedic timing (see the Fred Jackson roast) and has had to learn more football than most any other QB in history having learned so many systems and his longevity in the league says way more about his attitude than talent.  He is smart enough to know that he can't always act that smart and has built up a cache of good will around the league.

Hadn’t thought of that. Yeah, Fitz will likely make a tremendous analyst if he chooses to go that route. 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Agreed. That said, I gotta tell ya: Fitzpatrick had an incredibly good game on Sunday. If not for that dropped TD (on a ball that was perfectly thrown), the Bills may have lost that one. We couldn't stop him. He was 16-17 over the middle and averaged 11 yards per attempt with 2 TDs.

He was great. A lot of those completions over the middle were not easy passes. 

• Like (+1) 2

This is so true. Speaking of good commentators, I listened to Riddick on ESPN last night, and my god is he good. I had always liked him, but man can he watch a game and pick up the little things and then articulate his point clearly and quickly.

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

We could not stop him, and Levi Wallace kind of needed an assault workup after the game.

This worries me because guess which team has a stud TE that can run a lot of those same plays we couldn't stop.  Yeah, Them Sheep, that's Who.

Fitz does have great comedic timing.  But I'm not sure I entirely agree with you. 

Romo is just an amazing "student of the game".  He loves football, thinking about football, talking about football, diagnosing football. 

Fitz is a smart guy and knows his football, but there's a reason why Romo was a starter for 8 years while Fitz has washed out of, what now, 3 starting gigs?

Dare I say it? 

Romo was a better football player than Fitz, except in flashes at his best.  And the reason Fitzpatrick is Pickspatrick sometimes, is that he doesn't have that same instant football pattern recognition and processing speed that Romo had and still has.

Fitz is funnier, I think, and a better natural comedian.  So he could be funnier than Romo.  And he's a good guy, no doubt, with goodwill around the league.  But I'm not sure he would out-Romo Romo as an on-air analyst.

PS most of Fitz different systems have been variations of the E-P

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I would absolutely bring Fitz back...except that he always ends up starting. :cry:

Does the Fitz curse apply if you sign him after QB is put on IR?

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We could not stop him, and Levi Wallace kind of needed an assault workup after the game.

This worries me because guess which team has a stud TE that can run a lot of those same plays we couldn't stop.  Yeah, Them Sheep, that's Who.

Lamb for dinner Sunday.  Already put in request to my wife.

This seems like a good place to link this.  Athletic, Paywall:

https://theathletic.com/2080899/2020/09/20/the-difference-is-josh-allen-is-a-freak-show-meet-bizarro-ryan-fitzpatrick/

The article quotes Lee Smith and Eric Wood, who both played with Fitzpatrick and know both QB.  They aren't trying to compare them in terms of physical talent.  Their point is to compare the two QB attitude-wise - that they both just want to win:

"“I like the Josh Allen comparison,” Wood said. “I’ve used that myself before. Fitz says kind of the same thing. I talked to Fitz and Josh together before the Miami game down on the field, and he even brought that up. They both are willing to put their bodies on the line, that’s for sure. As Allen and Fitzpatrick traded blows Sunday — Allen tried to bulldoze Dolphins defenders for extra yardage, and Fitzpatrick dove forward on scrambles multiple times, with one resulting in his helmet flying off — it’s clear they don’t play the game like quarterbacks. It’s equal parts terrifying and exhilarating for their teammates......"

"“Him and Josh will both make you a nervous wreck,” Smith said. “The difference is Josh Allen is a freak show. Ryan Fitzpatrick looks like the damn janitor walking through the building. Ryan Fitzpatrick probably shouldn’t still be suiting up in this league the way he’s thrown his body around. But listen, man, I talk to Josh all the time about protecting himself so that he doesn’t end up hurting the team. But that’s what makes them who they are. That’s why they’re so respected. That’s why the guys love them so much.”

(.....)

"Even in defeat, Fitzpatrick showed why he’s a quarterback to model as a leader. His team kept scrapping back into the game. He’s turning 38 in a few months but is still playing with the enthusiasm he did in his 20s.

“He’s just a wonderful, wonderful man that deserves to be admired for much more than just playing quarterback in the NFL,” Smith said earlier this week. “He’s a special human being. I can’t say it enough. Like I said, Buffalo Bills fans should be super excited because this young stud we have right now is a lot like him. He is loved just like him, and I’m excited that I got to start my career with Ryan Fitzpatrick and then finish it with Josh Allen. It’s pretty good stuff on my end selfishly that I get to be with two such great men that are great leaders and great people.”

Allen might be more than just a great leader and a great person. On Sunday, he looked like a great quarterback, too. The next step is doing what Fitzpatrick couldn’t: sustain it."

The "nervous wreck" bit was echoed by John Brown in his post-game media availability(3:35 in): "it's definitely scary when Josh hits somebody, I don't too much like it"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Lamb for dinner Sunday.  Already put in request to my wife.

This reminds me of Josh Allen being interviewed before the Denver game last year by the Denver press corps.

He was asked something like did he know what was going on that week in college football.  You could tell they were kinda proud of themselves they pulled up an obscure college rivalry game involving Wyo vs CSU.

Without missing a beat, Allen rapped out:  “Oh yeah, it’s ‘Sheep Week.'”

The press didn't get it.  What did Josh say? Sh** week?

“Sheep Week.  They’re the ‘Sheep.’ They’re not the Rams, they’re the ‘Sheep.'”

When asked how he did against them he went full-on drive-by:

“It does and always will (stink) to be a CSU Ram,” Allen said. “(I) never lost to them. I won in the old stadium that they had and I was on that team that beat them the last time ever there. I left, hopefully, a sour taste in their mouth forever in that stadium, so I’m very proud to be a Wyoming Cowboy.”

So there you go. 

Sheep Week for the Bills in the NFL.

Not that in St Louis, we're salty about the Rams or anything.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This reminds me of Josh Allen being interviewed before the Denver game last year by the Denver press corps.

He was asked something like did he know what was going on that week in college football.  You could tell they were kinda proud of themselves they pulled up an obscure college rivalry game involving Wyo vs CSU.

Without missing a beat, Allen rapped out:  “Oh yeah, it’s ‘Sheep Week.'”

The press didn't get it.  What did Josh say? Sh** week?

“Sheep Week.  They’re the ‘Sheep.’ They’re not the Rams, they’re the ‘Sheep.'”

When asked how he did against them he went full-on drive-by:

“It does and always will (stink) to be a CSU Ram,” Allen said. “(I) never lost to them. I won in the old stadium that they had and I was on that team that beat them the last time ever there. I left, hopefully, a sour taste in their mouth forever in that stadium, so I’m very proud to be a Wyoming Cowboy.”

So there you go. 

Sheep Week for the Bills in the NFL.

Not that in St Louis, we're salty about the Rams or anything.