Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, D.C. Bills chick said:

Any suggestions on how to watch this game out of market (besides Directv)?

There are a few threads on it. The set up that works for me is Private VPN through a German server with NFL Gamepass. The Euro version lets you watch games live.

• Like (+1) 1

Surprised to see Edmunds out, thought he would recover in time. If Dodson is good to go and Miami does us a favor and declares Parker and/or one of their CBs out as well, I'll feel better about missing those guys.

Either way, I still like the Bills in this game. Just might be a TD closer than it should have been.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Man that would be a huge blow to the defense.  Even though IR is only 3 weeks now, with missing this weekend's game it would really suck if next week they had to go on IR (basically missing 4 total games).

Edited by Johnnycage46

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So this weeks PS Call ups HAVE to be Both LBers (Smith and Lacy) right.  I mean we are down 3 LBers already.

Yeah, you'd think so...but I like the thought of seeing some more Jaquan Johnson as well.

I remember watching Lacey in the preseason game against Carolina last year and thinking that guy had a shot to make it.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, you'd think so...but I like the thought of seeing some more Jaquan Johnson as well.

I remember watching Lacey in the preseason game against Carolina last year and thinking that guy had a shot to make it.

Giesiki doesnt scare me at all.  Poyer or Hyde can stop that from being a thing.  And because Fins have Weak WRs we shouldnt need both Safeties over the top.  But if on of these LBers Lacey, Dodson can carry a TE in coverage then we are just that much better as well.

Edited by MAJBobby

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Giesiki doesnt scare me at all.  Poyer or Hyde can stop that from being a thing.  And because Fins have Weak WRs we shouldnt need both Safeties over the top.  But if on of these LBers Lacey, Dodson can carry a TE in coverage then we are just that much better as well.

Feel like he's their biggest threat against us. I'd be very curious to see Neal shadow him, but as I understand it we need to be physical with Gesicki at the line. Once he's in his route he's excellent imo.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Feel like he's their biggest threat against us. I'd be very curious to see Neal shadow him, but as I understand it we need to be physical with Gesicki at the line. Once he's in his route he's excellent imo.

Fin Fans feel differently

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I expect we will see a lot of Siran Neal in a big nickel role, covering for the absence of Milano.  The Bills simply do not have another linebacker who can cover like Milano.  This concerns me with the run defense, but we will see if Miami can take advantage.  

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

We should be able to outscore Fitzmagik and the Phins even without 2 starting LBs.  If we can't, we simply aren't a very good team, and that's what scares me.  

We should, but it opens the game up to more variables.

This would have been a tough divisional game regardless.  If there is one week that I'd wish McD wouldn't defer the kickoff, it's this one. If Miami can exploit our weakness at LB and grind out a long scoring drive to start the game, it becomes an uphill battle.

I'd prefer to see our offense start and make Miami catch up. The more Fitz has to throw the better I'll feel about the outcome (no offense, Fitz - still love ya for that win against the Pats)...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yep.

Bills should win this game regardless. Time for the offense to carry the weight a little. It is a good test early to see what this team really is.

Certainly you’re not suggesting the offense didn’t do exactly that vs. the Jets because whenever a team more than doubles the TOP stat, you can rest assured it was the offense that did the heavy lifting in the game. 

Just now, K-9 said:

Certainly you’re not suggesting the offense didn’t do exactly that vs. the Jets because whenever a team more than doubles the TOP stat, you can rest assured it was the offense that did the heavy lifting in the game. 

If only we had Tuhrod. Le Sigh. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Unless you prefer starting LBs, looking pretty healthy

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Parker is definitely playing.

Is this based on anything because my fantasy WRs are really banged up and he’s available because someone just dropped him. I don’t like the matchup but I’m desperate 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless you prefer starting LBs, looking pretty healthy

Is this based on anything because my fantasy WRs are really banged up and he’s available because someone just dropped him. I don’t like the matchup but I’m desperate 

ESPN reports quoting Flores today as saying Parker is a "game time decision". 

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That's actually not what I'm suggesting.

Im suggesting the defense won't play nearly as good as they did against the Jets and the offense will need to carry the team to a win. 

Well, when I read your statement saying it was “time” the O carried the load after we witnessed them doing exactly that a mere five days ago AND given your natural proclivities to denigrate, it was easy to think that’s what your were suggesting. 

But yeah, with two of our best D players out of the lineup, I agree there’s a good chance our D won’t be as good, especially against a better QB in Fitz. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

ESPN reports quoting Flores today as saying Parker is a "game time decision". 

If it is a hamstring, he likely will either not be playing full speed or likely will not be able to play the full game...hamstrings are notorious for just going at any time if it's already injured.

• Like (+1) 1