Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is such hindsight.  They traded their pro bowl LT.  they traded a guy who was in the conversation for defensive player of the year.  They traded their other starting receiver.  They traded their starting Rb.  Fitz was their leading rusher last year with 243 yards! Parker was huge bust before last year.  Their TE was a 3rd round rookie.  

plenty of people thought it was one of the worst opening day rosters ever.  They were giving away talent.  

People can think what they want but that doesn't make it true.

1 hour ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I was walking around the house yesterday AM and heard the kid humming some random tune with the lyrics under his breath "squish the fish, squish the fish".

Fun fact: Dolphins are mammals.  They are also rapists. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

People can think what they want but that doesn't make it true.

Well, you’re wrong but it’s ok. 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Seeing Kumerow walking around in 87 led me to some research and I now know that Hodgins changed his number to 16 after cuts. What a letdown. I no longer envision him as a future star. 

Same.

In 87, he was gonna have a great career.

16, though? Forget it.

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Same.

In 87, he was gonna have a great career.

16, though? Forget it.

I actively root for WR's that wear numbers in the 80's and assume they will be great players. I loved Amari Cooper with the raiders, then he went to Dallas and went from #89 to #19 and you can forget it. (also, he has cowboy stench, so)

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Numberism at its finest. Smh

Numbers matter. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you. 

Calvin Johnson wore #81, Zay Jones wore #11. 

I rest my case. 

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I actively root for WR's that wear numbers in the 80's and assume they will be great players. I loved Amari Cooper with the raiders, then he went to Dallas and went from #89 to #19 and you can forget it. (also, he has cowboy stench, so)

Jersey numbers are very important.

It's not just WRs, either. 

Josh Allen is doing as well as he is so far because he chose 17, which is objectively the correct number for him. Had he chosen, say, 6? Woof.

Jake Fromm's career, actually, is over before it began, because he's wearing 10 instead of 5.

The only man to buck this trend is DT Justin Zimmer. Despite wearing 61, which is the worst number a defensive lineman could possibly wear, he played well against the Jets and had a big TFL. Rare stuff, though.

While I'm at it, ultimate numbers by position group: 

QB: 9 (sorry Josh) 

RB: 21, 26

FB: 41 (still mad at Gilliam)

TE: 86 

WR: 83

OT: 71, 77

G: 66, 75

C : 61

DE: 90, 94 (56 is sneaky good too for smaller speed rushers)

DT: 99 (duh)

LB: 55, 59, 51 (don't even talk to be about #40's LBs. Yuck.)

CB: 23, 31

S: 43, 36, 32

K: 3

P: 8

KR: 11

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Jersey numbers are very important.

It's not just WRs, either. 

Josh Allen is doing as well as he is so far because he chose 17, which is objectively the correct number for him. Had he chosen, say, 6? Woof.

Jake Fromm's career, actually, is over before it began, because he's wearing 10 instead of 5.

The only man to buck this trend is DT Justin Zimmer. Despite wearing 61, which is the worst number a defensive lineman could possibly wear, he played well against the Jets and had a big TFL. Rare stuff, though.

I had to come around on 17 for Allen. I like it now, but I wanted him in 9. - I still don't like Edmunds in 49. 

I feel like because he's a white dude with white wristbands (at least I think he had white wristbands, but that may be my imagination) there's a level of awesomeness and uniqueness that makes 61 acceptable there. 

Edited by whatdrought

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

While I'm at it, ultimate numbers by position group: 

QB: 9 (sorry Josh) 

RB: 21, 26

FB: 41 (still mad at Gilliam)

TE: 86 

WR: 83

OT: 71, 77

G: 66, 75

C : 61

DE: 90, 94 (56 is sneaky good too for smaller speed rushers)

DT: 99 (duh)

LB: 55, 59, 51 (don't even talk to be about #40's LBs. Yuck.

CB: 23, 31

S: 43, 36, 32

K: 3

P: 8

KR: 11

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

58 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

but honestly if I had to choose one it would be Milano. Dodson looked like he could handle himself out there whereas the drop from Milano to Kline seems higher. 

Well, Okay.....

But it doesn't work that way.

• Like (+1) 1