Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

This is a really dangerous game. Division opponent coming off a loss & desperate to avoid 0-2.  And Flores is a good coach.

If we get good Fitz, it will be a nailbiter.  

It completely goes without saying, but hopefully the team worked out the kinks on scoring/red zone opportunities last week. That game would have been maddening against a better team w/ all of the points we squandered with mistakes & miscues.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

Watched the Pats Fish game from week 1.  Pats played a very conservative game offensively.  Ran it 42 times for 217 yards.  Newton ran quite a few designed run plays.   WR Harry fumbled at Fish 2 yd and resulted in a touchback.  Pats were up 14 - 3 at that point.  Could have been 21 - 3.  Fish came down scored TD with help of 2 PIs.  Even the 2 PT conversion for Fish was a broken down play which Fitz ran in for the score. It was one of those games where you just didn't think Fish had a shot to win the game.

Miami is better than the Jets but still have a ways to go.  I see the Bills getting the running game going this week with designed runs by Allen and the 2 RBs Singletary and Moss.  I think Bills cover the spread.

I agree. Miami is a better team than the Jets. 
The right side of our Oline has to get on the same page. I think in order for the Bills to be serious contenders for this conference they have to be able to run the ball.... not only that if Josh could connect on a few deep balls early, that would loosen up any defense. I’m just surprised we didn’t see 1 deep ball last week.

I think this will be a closer game than some think. Preston Williams is a match up nightmare and I’d assume with our LBs banged up TE Gesicki is gonna get more Targets.

Final score 30-24. Bills

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

Watched the Pats Fish game from week 1.  Pats played a very conservative game offensively.  Ran it 42 times for 217 yards.  Newton ran quite a few designed run plays.   WR Harry fumbled at Fish 2 yd and resulted in a touchback.  Pats were up 14 - 3 at that point.  Could have been 21 - 3.  Fish came down scored TD with help of 2 PIs.  Even the 2 PT conversion for Fish was a broken down play which Fitz ran in for the score. It was one of those games where you just didn't think Fish had a shot to win the game.

Miami is better than the Jets but still have a ways to go.  I see the Bills getting the running game going this week with designed runs by Allen and the 2 RBs Singletary and Moss.  I think Bills cover the spread.

Yep, they are not very good.

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Gotta stop Gesicke. He’s the best TE in the division and has made some very nice catches against the Bills D. Take care of him and it should be a rather painless day 

Yeah well I took him in fantasy and he did bupkis for me Sunday. :angry:

On 9/14/2020 at 6:51 AM, whatdrought said:

I'm curious as this week will shed some light on how we stack against the Patriots, who beat this team but not easily. 

I don't know. Seems like the Pats handled them fine.

Plus, the Dolphins have beaten the Pats in years that we have swept the Dolphins, but that hasn't seemed to get us closer to beating the Pats, has it?

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Dang, 9 QB's had a higher completion percentage? That's pretty impressive. Over 70% is really good.

Only 2 other QBs had more than 35 passes.  Some of them were around 20 passes.  Some of them were around 30-35.  Still impressive but the more you throw, likely comp % goes down.  Only Phillip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers threw the ball anywhere close to the amount of passes as Josh and maintained that %.