Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Man, Dan Orlovsky is raving about Josh Allen and Brian Daboll on NFL Live right now.  Saying how amazing it is that Allen was able to turn perceived weaknesses out of college, "no touch on the ball" and "eye discipline" (ability to look off defenders etc) into strengths. He credited Daboll and Ken Dorsey for the improvement, along with Josh's hard work.  

Thank goodness he didn't have "slow eyes"

• Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I am absolutely not underestimating this team. The dolphins are very well coached and physical. And it’s always tough in Miami early in the season, because of the temperature. Going to be a tough game.

Flores is the real deal and I was somewhat amazed with the job he didin Miami last year.

They were still a tough team that played hard for him even after he jettisoned so many good players for cap and draft picks. 

Takes assembling a great staff  sound coaching and a clear vision.

Did not hurt that they poached Marvin Allen the national scout from Bean's staff to be their assistant GM.

They have been quietly nailing draft picks and getting some props for how their young players have been performing.

I guess it was too much to hope that they would stay mired in mediocrity for a long spell under a new coach.

• Like (+1) 2

Weather forecast for Hard Rock stadium on Sunday - In a word, tropical, but then it's like that every day in September.  High temperature 87 degrees with scattered thunderstorms around.  Rain won't delay a game, but a thunderstorm could.

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

fans are underestimating the dolphins defense, this isn't the same dolphins as years past. they have a proper coach in Flores. 

that said, its simply a must win game. looking at our schedule we have zero room to not win games like this. 

Agreed on the Dolphins generally having solid coaching (and excellent man-to-man corners). We might see some heavy pressure packages. 

I'd argue, however, that this isn't a MUST-win so much as it is an important divisional game against a seemingly inferior opponent (obviously). Not a lot of cupcakes on the Bills' 2020 schedule. But the Dolphins in their home opener coming off a divisional loss won't just roll over. Look what they did in Orchard Park last season, for example.

Can we call the later matchup in Buffalo the MUST-win instead? And call this one an important divisional game?

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I guess it was too much to hope that they would stay mired in mediocrity for a long spell under a new coach.

Agreed. Leave that to the Jets.

While the Bills "should" win this game and, frankly, NEED to win this game, given how tough the schedule gets afterwards...

It's not going to be a gimme.

I refuse to believe that any Ryan Fitzpatrick quarterbacked team will ever definitely be an easy out.

Everyone on here should know by now that on any given day, Fitzpatrick can either throw four interceptions or four touchdowns. 

I was at Bills Stadium last year when Tre White's diving goal line interception saved the game for the Bills. Until that moment, there was a very real possibility the Bills were going to lose that game. Yes, I believe the Bills have gotten better and yes, I know Josh Allen tends to have good production against them. Still...I've seen The Fitzpatrick Show one too many times to count this game as an easy win.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

7 of the 10 folks I’m in a Pick ‘em League with are taking the Dolphins straight up to win. 

What do they know that I don’t?😳

fan duel has buffalo by 5.5 with 90% of the bets for buffalo. Certainly a bold move to go phins straight up. 

but Fitz is like a box of chocolates 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

For all of this talk about how well coached the Fish are, can anyone explain why they were completely unprepared for Cam Newton to run the ball on Sunday?  Our old friend Shaq Lawson got abused, and some of the comments I read from the defense suggest they were “surprised” that Newton would run.

Preparedness is one of the strengths of our coaching staff.  This game has the makings of another easy Bills win.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, eball said:

For all of this talk about how well coached the Fish are, can anyone explain why they were completely unprepared for Cam Newton to run the ball on Sunday?  Our old friend Shaq Lawson got abused, and some of the comments I read from the defense suggest they were “surprised” that Newton would run.

Preparedness is one of the strengths of our coaching staff.  This game has the makings of another easy Bills win.

Without seeing Cam execute that offense in the preseason the players disregarded Newton’s running ability when healthy. 🤷‍♂️ I didn’t watch the game, but on the highlights it certainly seemed that Miami wasn’t prepared for some of the blocking schemes and/ just got manhandled on the edge.  

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

Flores is the real deal and I was somewhat amazed with the job he didin Miami last year.

They were still a tough team that played hard for him even after he jettisoned so many good players for cap and draft picks. 

Takes assembling a great staff  sound coaching and a clear vision.

Did not hurt that they poached Marvin Allen the national scout from Bean's staff to be their assistant GM.

They have been quietly nailing draft picks and getting some props for how their young players have been performing.

If memory serves they were 5-6 in there last 11, with very little talent.  

5-4 against teams not named Bills.

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Without seeing Cam execute that offense in the preseason the players disregarded Newton’s running ability when healthy. 🤷‍♂️ I didn’t watch the game, but on the highlights it certainly seemed that Miami wasn’t prepared for some of the blocking schemes and/ just got manhandled on the edge.  

That’s piss poor preparation by Flores.  What, they expected Cam to run Brady’s offense?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, eball said:

That’s piss poor preparation by Flores.  What, they expected Cam to run Brady’s offense?

It’s either piss poor preparation or an inability to get the players to take it seriously. I haven’t watched the pats/fish game yet, so I can’t comment exactly. The only other possibility is that Flores tried to scheme around talent deficiencies and Darth Hoodie knew exactly what his former assistant would try. After seeing what Flores did last year I can’t imagine that he dismissed the possibility of a healthy Cam running all day, especially after watching Allen exploit the holes in his D last year.