Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

There are no gimmies in the NFL.

That said, unless Miami’s safeties and LBs are prepared to handle their business in coverage, it could be a long day. I would bet that they’re going to try to man up against Diggs and Brown with Howard and Jones, which means Beasley, Knox, and the backs get zone matchups that Allen should be able to exploit with the extra time in the pocket.

Unless Miami chooses to blitz, in which case that’s where a guy with the short area quickness of Beasley is so valuable. Without LB help underneath, he’s going to put most slot corners through the meat grinder. Same goes for Knox—if you don’t bracket him, he can get over the top on you and use his size.

Defensively, Parker better be healthy, otherwise I don’t see anyone that’s a threat to get open consistently in man coverage. Also, I think their OL is still a weak point, which is more of a problem for them in the run game than passing since Fitzy can quick trigger, but only if guys are open.

• Like (+1) 4

Not sure where this narrative that the Dolphins are great cause they were more competitive than people thought they'd be last year... They played better than absolute garbage. We expected them to struggle to win one game, they won like 4 or 5... I'm not sure it's proof that they're so well coached. 

Does anyone know if Jones spent much time covering Brown during the Cowgirls game last year? Brown was relatively held in check that game.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

7 of the 10 folks I’m in a Pick ‘em League with are taking the Dolphins straight up to win. 

What do they know that I don’t?😳

Nothing, they are blinded by thinking the Pats are still THE Team in the east. and they think because it was a close game they are better than they are. 

8 minutes ago, gordong said:

Nothing, they are blinded by thinking the Pats are still THE Team in the east. and they think because it was a close game they are better than they are. 

A Pats WR also fumbled the ball out of the end zone for a touchback, instead of a touchdown.... that score seems like it was about as reflective of the game as ours was against the Jets.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

People tend to forget that coaching a bad team to a respectable record is a different challenge than beating good teams... For all we know Flores could just be this times Dick Jauron. 

Not even sure I'd wish that on Dolphins fans... Wait... I would. 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Polarizing QB ? That is mostly outside the Bills mafia with "analysts" trying to save face for being blatantly wrong about Allen. Who wants to admit their takes on the "right" and "wrong" Josh? 

As it stands right now, Jackson and Allen were the best picks in the vaunted draft class

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure where this narrative that the Dolphins are great cause they were more competitive than people thought they'd be last year... They played better than absolute garbage. We expected them to struggle to win one game, they won like 4 or 5... I'm not sure it's proof that they're so well coached. 

Does anyone know if Jones spent much time covering Brown during the Cowgirls game last year? Brown was relatively held in check that game.

I guess you didn’t get the memo ? 
According to a Big Time NFL expert Dolphins are expected to win the AFC East  !! 

Edited by Putin

11 hours ago, WideNine said:

I guess it was too much to hope that they would stay mired in mediocrity for a long spell under a new coach

All true, but the only thing that literally no one can determine right now is whether Tua will be their franchise quarterback.

Now, I know there are more than our fair share of Bills fans who are certain Tua will (a) be successful or (b) be a bust, but no one really knows how he will respond when his time has come. Will he stay healthy? If he is successful, how long it will take for his success to be consistent? Two years? Three?

We're watching three highly-rated top QB draft picks crap the bed right now in Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen. 

Point being, they can have a really good new head coach, but if the Tua pick doesn't pan out, they're set back pretty badly. Think about the state of the Jets or Browns if they wake up at the end of this season and realize they need a new QB. That remains a possibility for the Fish.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, they were one of the worst rosters in nfl history to start the year but they were feisty with Fitz.  I think they are headed in the right direction unfortunately and if Tua is healthy, they will be a really tough team.

but currently, there are still one of their worst rosters in the nfl.  This should be a comfortable victory.