Would anyone look at maybe calling the Jaguars about Fournette?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He could be our Marshawn Lynch.

Running over Canadians? 

Or linebackers? 

Not really of fan for some reason......last year of his deal at about $4 mil, I think. We could use the same draft choice to do better, I’m guessing.

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Running over Canadians? 

Or linebackers? 

Not really of fan for some reason......last year of his deal at about $4 mil, I think. We could use the same draft choice to do better, I’m guessing.

It's not that simple. Fournette is a beast 1st of all. We have cheap RBs and cap space. The pick would be lower than where we would have to draft a RB.

10 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

no idea where this came from. If it is anything more than a 4th rounder, I am not interested. This draft is very deep in RBs. That said, Fournette is a different kinda runner than Motor and can pick up the really difficult 1 or 2 power yards. 

Edit: Maybe have a package deal for Fournette and Ngakoue - solve both our needs with one trade.

Wow , could you imagine Fournette and Ngakoue in one deal. I don't know that we go all the way but what a ride that would be.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Supposedly he has attitude problems, like falling asleep in meetings. If that's true we are the worst odds to trade for him.

Or running from the sidelines to get involved in a fight on the opposite end of the field. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Wow , could you imagine Fournette and Ngakoue in one deal. I don't know that we go all the way but what a ride that would be.

that would be amazing.  I'd trade a 2nd and a 2nd next year for Ngakoue.  

He’s an incredible talent and would really I’d like to see him in a Bills uniform (even if he seems like a dumb***).  He really could be the piece this offense needs....

.....but I think I’d rather use that pick on a RB that we’ll have under contract for 4 years at a mill per

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s an incredible talent and would really I’d like to see him in a Bills uniform (even if he seems like a dumb***).  He really could be the piece this offense needs....

.....but I think I’d rather use that pick on a RB that we’ll have under contract for 4 years at a mill per

6th round pick? Who are you taking?

4 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

If Motor did that, bills fans would be losing their minds with “damn, now THATS a team first culture guy”

Even after it causes him to be needlessly thrown out of a game where he was a major offensive weapon that we then go on to lose?

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

6th round pick? Who are you taking?

I didn’t realize he was traded for a 6th round pick.  When did that happen?

EDIT: oh yeah, it didn’t.  But if that’s the price, I’d rather have fournette for a year.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

I think Fournette still has something left in the tank, and might be worth a 4th or 5th round pick. And he's on the last year (years?) of his rookie contract.

With that said, he is a giant pain in the a$$ and nowhere near a "process guy" type. I guess I'd need to know, would the strong character in the locker room help to keep him in check, or is he too far gone down the douchebag hole?  And, since he is near the end of that first contract, what's the chances he shows up to play without a holdout?

46 minutes ago, Augie said:

Running over Canadians? 

Or linebackers? 

I have driven in Canada many times.  Canadian speed bumps are not to be ignored!

Just now, RobbRiddick said:

Shame Shaq has gone. They could have finished their fight

They can when we play Jaguars next.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's not that simple. Fournette is a beast 1st of all. We have cheap RBs and cap space. The pick would be lower than where we would have to draft a RB.

I'm sorry but what now? Besides last year he has been lackluster at best. Both his rookie and 2nd year the guy didn't even avg 4yds per carry. He's also had injury issues. Top all that off with the fact he has 1 year left on his contract and that makes this deal insanely stupid. Just draft a RB in a very talented group this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I'm sorry but what now? Besides last year he has been lackluster at best. Both his rookie and 2nd year the guy didn't even avg 4yds per carry. He's also had injury issues. Top all that off with the fact he has 1 year left on his contract and that makes this deal insanely stupid. Just draft a RB in a very talented group this year.

Two 1000 yard seasons in 3 years. He only played 8 games his second year. I wouldn't really call him lackluster

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

No need to make a deal now.  Look to do it after the draft when you'll know if you got the guy you want and LF's value will be even lower.

Doing it after the draft wouldn't make sense because then you have to dig into next years picks. I'm all for a late round pick this year without digging into next years picks at all but that's it

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Two 1000 yard seasons in 3 years. He only played 8 games his second year. I wouldn't really call him lackluster

He broke 1000 his 1st year because they ran him like crazy. His avg was still not good. He was very good last year but that's it. And as for the he only played 8 games his 2nd year, that's why I mentioned his injury history.