Would anyone look at maybe calling the Jaguars about Fournette?

I saw a post on here about going "all in" and while I think Diggs is a big move, I think there is one more that can be made. I looked at all the RB situations in the league and the one that sticks out to me the most is Leonard Fournette. The Jags have lost Ramsey, Bouye, Calais Campbell and could possibly lose Ngakoue. They seem to be on a rebuild and some players don't seem to want to player there. Fournette is only 25 and is still on his rookie deal. If we could get him with some draft picks for this year without digging into picks for next year, I think I would be all for calling the Jags and seeing what they would like for him. Another RB is something we need and there is no guarantee that we get one of the top guys in the draft. I feel like it could be worth at least a call

Interesting, because he’s probably not going to be the guy there.  I just don’t know if it’s worth adding him for what the Jags would want in return (can’t see less than a 3rd).  There’s the “process guy”, question as well and his checkered history in Buffalo.  I think there is a better chance that the Bills draft their bigger back, then trade.  There’s a few FA’s out there still, too.  2nd round BPA could have quite a few RB options (though I think they’ll go secondary or WR still).  

2 minutes ago, DFT said:

Interesting, because he’s probably not going to be the guy there.  I just don’t know if it’s worth adding him for what the Jags would want in return (can’t see less than a 3rd).  There’s the “process guy”, question as well and his checkered history in Buffalo.  I think there is a better chance that the Bills draft their bigger back, then trade.  There’s a few FA’s out there still, too.  2nd round BPA could have quite a few RB options (though I think they’ll go secondary or WR still).  

I don't think they'll take less than a 3rd but I actually wouldn't mind giving our 3rd this year for him. We still have two 6th rounders so maybe a 3rd and a 6th if they're willing?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I don't think they'll take less than a 3rd but I actually wouldn't mind giving our 3rd this year for him. We still have two 6th rounders so maybe a 3rd and a 6th if they're willing?

Too rich for my blood, but that’s why I’m on message boards and not running the team (thankfully for the Bills!!!).

I know there’s some smoke about about Bills and Bucs being potentially interested in Gurley, which I hope is just fluff on the Bills part.  I don’t think he’s done by any means, but his contract is just awful.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DFT said:

Too rich for my blood, but that’s why I’m on message boards and not running the team (thankfully for the Bills!!!).

I know there’s some smoke about about Bills and Bucs being potentially interested in Gurley, which I hope is just fluff on the Bills part.  I don’t think he’s done by any means, but his contract is just awful.  

Read the Rams might cut Gurley if they can't find a trade partner. No way you trade for that contract.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd rather draft someone - there are usually serviceable running backs that can be acquired in the mid & later rounds of the draft that will provide the same production as Fournette - without the necessity to give up draft capital - and at significantly reduced salary requirement compared to someone like Fournette. Don't waste excessive salary cap space & draft capital on a running back when an equivalent can be acquired for much less.     

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DFT said:

(Nick Foles has entered the chat)

Foles is an entirely different kettle of fish.  He's a QB, a much more important -- and thus valuable -- position than RB.  More importantly, the Bears need a QB behind Trubisky who 1) can step in and save their season if Trubisky fails  and 2) won't disrupt the team if Trubisky improves.   Nick Foles is that guy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Read the Rams might cut Gurley if they can't find a trade partner. No way you trade for that contract.

I wouldn't trade for Gurley because of his contract but if he gets cut, I would love to sign him even with the knee issues

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Foles is an entirely different kettle of fish.  He's a QB, a much more important -- and thus valuable -- position than RB.  More importantly, the Bears need a QB behind Trubisky who 1) can step in and save their season if Trubisky fails  and 2) won't disrupt the team if Trubisky improves.   Nick Foles is that guy.

Disagree (respectfully).  Brady’s game at this stage is predicated on having a blocking/receiving option at RB.  And to be fair, it was a laughable notion when the Jags first leaked their interest in trading Foles, because of his contract.  My only point is...  Never say never.  The NFL has proven the mighty weight of the phrase “hold my beer”.  

We don’t need to rush for a backup for singletary. The draft has a few and these guys like Gordon and Hyde aren’t worth the money they’ll want. Let’s take care of Tre, Milano and company and if we do want to spend anymore money let’s get Clowney and go all offense in the draft. I’d love Mims in the 2nd, BPA 3rd (OL probably) and 4th AJ Dillon to complement Singletary 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

no way....too many cheaper options that are just as good

He's not really that expensive and I think he's better than any free agent out there right now. Is a guy we draft in the 4th round or later really gonna be any better than he is?

17 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

A motivated Fournette on a contract year.  Yes, I’d be all for that.  I’d give a 4th rounder.  

If Fournette is in a contract year, it will be a much higher probability you will only have him for 1 year (unless you wanna pay the bum, which is what he wants...)

So I wouldn't give more than a 6th.  1year rental RB. 

Better to get a fresh RB in the draft.