Brian Daboll cost us the division title

Tesla03

Plain and simple. 

It was a great season but the fact we could have easily won our first division title since god knows how long this year puts a dark cloud over everything. Dabolls play calling in the pats game at home and the Browns game where singletary got something like 7 touches cost us big time. Daboll is a very lucky man because had it not been for our top 3 defense he would probably be getting fired tomorrow morning. 

This is the worst NE team of the Brady era and the best Bills team and we still couldn't beat them to the division title. 

Edited by Tesla03
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Tesla03 said:

Plain and simple. 

It was a great season but the fact we could have easily won our first division title since god knows how long this year puts a dark cloud over everything. Dabolls play calling in the pats game at home and the Browns game where singletary got something like 7 touches cost us big time. Daboll is a very lucky man because had it not been for our top 3 defense he would probably be getting fired tomorrow morning. 

This is the worst NE team of the Brady era and the best Bills team and we still couldn't beat them to the division title. 

No.  There is no dark cloud except in your mind.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I knew you’d be starting another negative thread today. Hey, maybe Daboll will get the Panthers job, then we can hire one of the awesome offensive coordinators who just got fired this year. I heard Jason Garrett has an offensive background. Oh and that kid Kellen Moore probably won’t have a job either. Norv Turners son? Anybody but the terrible guy who tried everything he could do to knock us out of the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Don't usually agree with much of what you say, but this one I agree with.  Daboll sucks.  Questionable gameplans.  Questionable playcalling.  Questionable decision to never start Duke in favor of speedy smurfs that contribute the same exact thing every week... almost nothing.  The stuff they are good at disappeared from our playbook... the jet sweeps and stuff.  No screen game what so ever.  The guy is bad.  I don't care that he schemed a guy open.  That isn't what makes an NFL OC.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Foxx said:

hot takes..... step right up and get cher hot takes right here. get 'em while their hot.

how is this a hot take? lol

our defense is the main reason we are at 10 wins right now. Dabolls playcalling has been inconsistent all season long and he rarely puts Allen in good positions to play well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I knew you’d be starting another negative thread today. Hey, maybe Daboll will get the Panthers job, then we can hire one of the awesome offensive coordinators who just got fired this year. I heard Jason Garrett has an offensive background. Oh and that kid Kellen Moore probably won’t have a job either. Norv Turners son? Anybody but the terrible guy who tried everything he could do to knock us out of the playoffs. 

Garret has more talent in his pinky than Daboll. 

Also Jay Gruden could turn Allen into a top 10 QB. with Daboll our passing offense will never be better than bottom 10 in the league. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Plain and simple. 

I disagree. They couldn’t have, because they haven’t shown any ability  to beat the Pats*. It’s a problem, but not close to a dark cloud over their season. It’s just where they’re at right now until proven otherwise. While the ‘phins didn’t exactly have a season to remember, they have shown an ability to achieve a split with NE fairly regularly. I won’t miss Daboll if he’s gone in a few weeks ( provided they promote from within for some continuity offensively) but nothing the futility vs NE goes deeper than Daboll. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Every offensive coordinator since Ted Marchibroda has been the most hated man in Buffalo.  Some things never change.

Ted was hated for awhile too ... until he let Kelly call the plays.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Every offensive coordinator since Ted Marchibroda has been the most hated man in Buffalo.  Some things never change.

Chan Gailey masquerading as a HC when all he cared about was offense was our best OC lol

• Like (+1) 1

Daboll has been a disgrace all year. He's ruining any chance Josh has to improvement. He's just another failed coach that leaves Belichick's nest. I'd say 8-9 of our wins are 100% defense. Dumboll's play calling has been embarrassing. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Garret has more talent in his pinky than Daboll. 

Also Jay Gruden could turn Allen into a top 10 QB. with Daboll our passing offense will never be better than bottom 10 in the league. 

Yeah Jay Gruden was really churning out some pro bowl quarterbacks in Washington. They had an extremely innovative offense ????

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree. They couldn’t have, because they haven’t shown any ability  to beat the Pats*. It’s a problem, but not close to a dark cloud over their season. It’s just where they’re at right now until proven otherwise. While the ‘phins didn’t exactly have a season to remember, they have shown an ability to achieve a split with NE fairly regularly. I won’t miss Daboll if he’s gone in a few weeks ( provided they promote from within for some continuity offensively) but nothing the futility vs NE goes deeper than Daboll. 

how can you say this when in week 4 we forced brady to have his worst game in over 10 years. that game was all on Daboll for forcing Allen to throw too much against the best secondary in the league. 

I saw guys running open and Allen missed them. Allen hits those plays and the offense puts way more points on the board.

It’s okay to admit Allen played poorly and still  believe he can become a quality starter. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Oh, we would have hated Ted too if there had been a message board in those days.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Plain and simple. 

Dude I agree 100%. I just don't understand why this guy gets a pass worst offensive  coordinator in the league.  By the way anybody else think we need a new backup quarterback Barkley is absolutely horrible. 

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Don't usually agree with much of what you say, but this one I agree with.  Daboll sucks.  Questionable gameplans.  Questionable playcalling.  Questionable decision to never start Duke in favor of speedy smurfs that contribute the same exact thing every week... almost nothing.  The stuff they are good at disappeared from our playbook... the jet sweeps and stuff.  No screen game what so ever.  The guy is bad.  I don't care that he schemed a guy open.  That isn't what makes an NFL OC.

did you watch todays game more of what you complained about

I blame Daboll simply for the Bills not having a identity on offense or setting up plays  He's so scattershot with his play calls and constantly veers away when something is working.  Think he's clueless on how to best use his personnel .  Talking to a long time Browns fan and he mirrored exactly what I see on the Bills what he remembers Daboll running on the Browns

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

So how come all the blame is on the OC? Every week there are All 22 clips showing missed blocks, dropped balls, bad throws, missed WR's, and defensive breakdowns. I dont always love the playcalling but the players play. There is fault all around. 

You can teach players to throw catch and tackle better but you can't teach an offensive coordinator who has no clue a damn thing

Edited by ALLEN1QB

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Hey! We are in the playoffs now. Season is over and we still have a game or games to look forward to.

Yep.  Certain people cannot get past the two most terrible words-- "what if?"  No way to live

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

how can you say this when in week 4 we forced brady to have his worst game in over 10 years. that game was all on Daboll for forcing Allen to throw too much against the best secondary in the league. 

They were able to foil Brady, but that’s only half the battle. You can’t hide your QB, and Allen played poorly that game. Did Fitzy win by handing off up at Gillette today ? At some point, players have to make the plays. The Bills running game isn’t of the variety that can impose their will on an opponent when they know what’s coming. Besides, the ‘phins had all of 63 yards rushing today. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I think the loss to the pats was in all 3 phases of the game. Not just on offense. If our rushing defense held, or some of the short passing game was prevented, or we didn't have so may long fields and given the Pat's* so many short ones, we would have won that game.

I also think that if the Bills have won the game things would have happened differently today. The Pat's* may have had more incentive with the Division and the Bye week in play still and may have had more focus after a loss to the Bills. Conversely the Bill's playing today with the division title on the line may have had serious injuries to various starters. It's a whole what if game that seems silly.

I'm happy where the Bill's are, in the play offs, about to play the Texans next week, which is probably their best match up. I'm also happy with the Pat's* losing and missing out on a Bye week as they need that for any hope of getting healthy and making a run for another super bowl.

I'll enjoy that instead of what if's and blame game for a Bill's team that outside of western New York was seen as an after thought this year.

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Daboll has been a disgrace all year. He's ruining any chance Josh has to improvement. He's just another failed coach that leaves Belichick's nest. I'd say 8-9 of our wins are 100% defense. Dumboll's play calling has been embarrassing. 

Hyperbole is fun, isn’t it? To put it all on the OC and not any blame on execution is just really lazy. I’m not saying Daboll did amazing things this year but this is a bit extreme

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

And yet we’re going to the PLAYOFFS !!!! 

Gooooo. BILLS !!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Plain and simple. 

Yes , because his soul was inside JA’s body causing him to miss throws. Also, we dont cheat they do.

Edited by billsfan_34

23 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Were on to Houston

This.  None of it matters now.  We have a chance to win it all, just like the other playoff teams.  What matters now is what happens next week, hopefully they have a great plan.  I'm confident about the game.

• Like (+1) 1