Pancho would be loving this...

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...he really would.

So would my dad, and many of those out there whose loved ones live on in their hearts and in their memories and as some of us believe, in the hereafter.

Cheer loudly Pancho and Patsy and all you others.

We will hear...we will know.

GO BILLS.

image.jpeg.63db0246a6a0102535138e661ef73731.jpeg

Last Bills game my brother and I went to together was the 2011 Pats game..what an awesome game. Little bit of him sprinkled in lot and a little on the field! His kids went to his niche after the Dolphin game few years back and drank one with him to celebrate the drought be over.

BTW, i loved the guys on the video last week who bring their best friend to the games with them in the playmate cooler, i have to remember to make that change to my will. Where else would i want to spend my eternal weekends than with my nephews at Bills tailgates!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Last Bills game my brother and I went to together was the 2011 Pats game..what an awesome game. Little bit of him sprinkled in lot and a little on the field! His kids went to his niche after the Dolphin game few years back and drank one with him to celebrate the drought be over.

BTW, i loved the guys on the video last week who bring their best friend to the games with them in the playmate cooler, i have to remember to make that change to my will. Where else would i want to spend my eternal weekends than with my nephews at Bills tailgates!

I was thinking that, too, while I was typing this post.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

15 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

I sure hope we're coming into this.

I'm old enough to have been around in the 86-89 time frame when the Bills Super Bowl team was coming together and this feels the same. There were growing pains during that time, just like now, but you could tell greatness was ahead. I'd say that this is a more cohesive unit than that group- if you recall the Bickering Bills saga of '89

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People are reacting like we broke the drought this year.  We didn't.  We did that a couple of years ago.

Not sure where this sentiment is coming from exactly.  Is it because we clinched a playoff spot a few weeks early? 

Don't get the raw excitement.  

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...he really would.

So would my dad, and many of those out there whose loved ones live on in their hearts and in their memories and as some of us believe, in the hereafter.

Cheer loudly Pancho and Patsy and all you others.

We will hear...we will know.

GO BILLS.

image.jpeg.63db0246a6a0102535138e661ef73731.jpeg

Agree. Wish he was still around to experience it with us other Bills fans. It's been a while and he would be really enjoying this right now. I feel like he knows though for some reason.

Go Bills!

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

People are reacting like we broke the drought this year.  We didn't.  We did that a couple of years ago.

Not sure where this sentiment is coming from exactly.  Is it because we clinched a playoff spot a few weeks early? 

Winning 10 games again finally? Getting a playoff spot without having to have help. All around excitement about what this team has done and overall excitement about the future?

Really man?

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Really? You really don’t get the raw excitement of the fan base? Really? 

Check your pulse. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Allow me to explain: many of us are Bills' fans.

Those of us that are understood back on New Years Eve 2017 that ending the drought was nice, but that the team didn't really have the potential to take it too far.

This team, on the other hand, is good. Maybe very good.

And so those of us that are Bills' fans are pretty fired up that we have a team that could potentially contend for a championship--not only now, but also in the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Big surprise coming from you

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It’s because we’re good and looking to be a contender for the foreseeable future 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Every time I watch a game now and if I start getting upset, I think about a guy like Pancho and how he was so positive and full of life and just love the games and enjoyed them. And suddenly I realize what is really important about being a Bills fan.

Never had the honor to meet Ezra in person, but was able to talk to him several times on twitter, would send him direct messages of encouragement and prayer during his battle with cancer. Always was positive and always had a kind word to say.

Seemed to me he was such an amazing soul.

Pancho Billa is our true spirit animal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

You really don't know the difference between 2017 and now?

The 2017 team was a pretty talent-less squad that overachieved and somehow managed to win 9 games, and got in with a fair bit of luck on their side. With a quarterback in Tyrod Taylor that we KNEW wasn't going to be around long term. This is different. This is a team that McDermott and Beane built almost from the ground up, that is built toward the future. People are this excited because this ISN'T 2017, where next year is going to be miserable. People are excited because yes, we clinched early and are 10-4... but that this is just the start of what's to come.

1 hour ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I'm old enough to have been around in the 86-89 time frame when the Bills Super Bowl team was coming together and this feels the same. There were growing pains during that time, just like now, but you could tell greatness was ahead. I'd say that this is a more cohesive unit than that group- if you recall the Bickering Bills saga of '89

only thing i will say is that group was cohesive in different ways. I was pretty much same age  as those guys back then, and 86-87 i lived in Buffalo, and hung out in places those guys would go to as well. Pierce Arrow in Williamsville was definitely a big time club for those guys back in the day, and while to a man they were all pretty big douches to all the dudes in the place..at least they were being douches as a team! Bruce, Andre, Jimbo, Biscuit..saw those guys in there a ton. Tuesday nights watch out for that crew!

Then you would also see them at other random places hanging out..Jimbo and Andre were regulars at the Bisons Friday happy hours at the Rockpile..can always remember thinging " good sign these guys are boys off the field as well" .

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yes! I’ve got a few years left and then half of my ashes will go to Keuka and the balance in a cooler for the games!

Lets just call it what it is: best idea EVER! ? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I sure do remember the Bickering Bills (been going to games since the '85 season).

You're right, this group feels different.  I hope at some point, the end outcome is different and we win a Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Because we wish those we've loved and lost were with us here right now to enjoy the best Bills season in 20 years.

Because, personally, the common ground my father and I had much of the time was football and in 2007 on the way home from the Giants home loss that ended the home portion of that season my father said he was getting too old for this (the losing), upon which I responded, "enjoy it, dad, you never know.  It could be your last game."  He said, "Good point, you're right."

He died 3 months later.  

I will talk with him about this team.  However, I would really love to converse with him about it, too.  

The losses, the personal ones, have the tendency to remind us of our youth...of different times.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Man, I just don't get "fans" like you.  At all.  You say you're a diehard and you frequent this board, but underneath it all you just seem pretty miserable.  I hope it's just a persona you put on for our entertainment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

BE2FB3D3-CA31-475D-AC14-83E99AFA4F60.jpeg

I think of these three about every game this year, but mostly of Pancho because we lost him before this season.  I'll never forget the memorial at Hammer's the day before the opener, his family, everyone in tears (I'm not crying YOU'RE crying) - just showed the love that Bills fans have for one another and what a special bond this team brings to people.

I was lucky enough to end up with one of the Pancho cut-outs featured in the OP, he's been hanging in my window here in Vermont looking out at all who pass reminding them Viva Los Bills.

Thanks for looking down this Pancho - we miss you, but this season's for you!! :beer:

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

I think of these three about every game this year, but mostly of Pancho because we lost him before this season.  I'll never forget the memorial at Hammer's the day before the opener, his family, everyone in tears (I'm not crying YOU'RE crying) - just showed the love that Bills fans have for one another and what a special bond this team brings to people.

I was lucky enough to end up with one of the Pancho cut-outs featured in the OP, he's been hanging in my window here in Vermont looking out at all who pass letting them Viva Los Bills.

Thanks for looking down this Pancho - we miss you, but this season's for you!! :beer:

'pancho pancho' would be a cool audible ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

Man, I just don't get "fans" like you.  At all.  You say you're a diehard and you frequent this board, but underneath it all you just seem pretty miserable.  I hope it's just a persona you put on for our entertainment.

Not only is his comment lame for a Bills fan, it's Super Duper Extra Douchey in a thread that's about Pancho and fans we've lost along the way.  Some people just don't get it...

OK, back to enjoying the ride.  :beer:

And d2d, I didn't mean to leave your Dad out of this either - I'm sure he's looking down and smiling too.  I know my grandparents and step-father are looking down with a grin as well! :D?

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It was cool when we ended the drought just so we could get that damn monkey off our back finally.  But I also thought even at the time that it was kind of anti-climatic because we really lucked into sneaking into a wild card spot that year as a pretty mediocre 9-7 team.  I also knew that wasn't our team going forward.  This year feels completely different.  Now we have OUR GUYS going forward.  We earned it. We controlled our own destiny, we punched our ticket in.  We are only going to continue to get better.  A new era is here.  If you don't understand the excitement for this after the previous two decades then I question how you can even be a Bills fan??

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Because, while breaking the drought was exciting, that team overachieved, and we backed in thanks to a miracle pass in a game that didn't involve us. Again, that was a happy day. But that team was lucky to get in.

On the other hand, we're locked into the playoffs now. We have two weeks to go, have a long, but not completely out of the realm, shot at the division. Worst we can do is 10-6. And this team is just better. We've made it. We've found out coach. We have a QB that gets better every week. Super Bowl caliber defense. I can't remember the last time the Bills were down, or even tied in the 4th quarter, and I didn't lose my cool. I can't remember the last time I didn't wince every time a Bills QB made an attempt over 10 yards. We're finally here. Buckle up. It's gonna be a good long ride.

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

No off switch huh?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Weak af

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

BE2FB3D3-CA31-475D-AC14-83E99AFA4F60.jpeg

This is a great drawing! You know Tim Russert is watching down and loving this right now. This is Panchos Dream and Im sure the Bills are dedicating this season to him!

This man loved Buffalo and the Bills!

• Like (+1) 2