Cris Collinsworth man

29 minutes ago, Mango said:

HOLY SHHHH. 

Girls, not too bright, because then you can trick em'. 14-18 years old is my wheel house. 

That is terrifying. 

Geez splitting image of Matthew Mcconaughey (and his character in Dazed & Confused). 

"Alright Alright Alright"

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am generally a fan of Collinsworth but then I am generally watching him do SNF games featuring the same dozen teams over and over. Teams he actually knows about and has taken time to get to know. 

He was not great last night. Sounded like his research involved watching one Bills game and then he thought "that'll do" and cracked open the red wine. He did not sound prepared at all. Was disappointing to be honest because I like the guy. 

It's probably how close we follow the team, or whaever, but it's really easy to tell when the broadcasters haven't been doing their homework. 

Like- Collinsworth literally said Andre Roberts has made an impact on the offense. And they kept talking about how the Bills are a blitz heavy defense without acknowledging that it's a more recent phenomenon. Disappointing to say the least.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's probably how close we follow the team, or whaever, but it's really easy to tell when the broadcasters haven't been doing their homework. 

Like- Collinsworth literally said Andre Roberts has made an impact on the offense. And they kept talking about how the Bills are a blitz heavy defense without acknowledging that it's a more recent phenomenon. Disappointing to say the least.

he went out of his way to make this point, and i though...he is?

• Like (+1) 1

Collinsworth usually grates my nerves with his annoying 'tough guy football' shtick and over-the-top worship and fake excitement of certain things.  I can normally tune him out.

Last night was tough.  Apparently there are about 5 'worst things' about Josh Allen.  The Steelers and the fake Heinz Field worship was awful

It all started here (at 8:20)

This thread is completely absurd. Collinsworth was drooling all over Tre for the whole game. He was very complimentary to Allen, pointing out how talented he is and that he just needs to work on the finer details  - even the most optimistic fan would agree to that. He spoke glowingly about Edmunds and Phillips on multiple occasions. He lauded McDermott and the staff. What more do you want?

It seems like many of you would only be happy if he also trashed Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, national broadcasts don't work like that. You're better off listening to the pompom-wearing analysis of Sal Capaccio if objectivity isn't your style.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, Special K said:

He sort of stated the reason for his anti-Bills bias when they were talking about the Super Bowl era Bills, and he said we had to beat the Bills to get to the Super Bowl when I played in Cincy, and we never could do it. That's got a lot to do with it IMO.

Well, considering the 1988 Bengals did exactly that to get to the Super Bowl and that his first game as a color commentator was for NBC on Opening Day 1990 Bills/Colts it seems somewhat unlikely that the Bills impeded his personal path to the Super Bowl at all.

16 hours ago, hemma said:

When Al Michaels said the Bills were going to the playoffs, I think he may have been simultaneously scraping a dog turd off his shoe,

because he sounded disgusted by the moment.

Another LA guy who hates small city bflo

6 hours ago, BBills83 said:

I didn't mind the slight Pitt bias because Collinsworth did give props to plenty of Buffalo talent plus coaching, ownership and the fans. I just got tired of the yammering on about things other than specific play by play analysis. Too much gab while football is being played as if he and Al had more important things to say vs the importance of the play on the field. I just don't need to here him ramble on. Ear plugs please and Go Bills. Take down the cheaters in Foxboro then rest against the Jets.

For what seemed to me like an eternity, they blathered on about the Rooney connection. They ran a graphic with the original Rooney--Mickey, I think his name was, and he died in 1988.  1988.  It was like watching the History channel.  And then more yapping. The thing was, the Bills had the ball. The game was close, put the $#@!ing game on and analyze the plays/players on the field. It's fine to talk about Terry Bradshaw when the discussion about an enlarged prostate comes about, but you have to figure 50% in attendance do not give a crap about a history lesson in the middle of a playoff-relevant game. You wanna talk Steeler history?  Do it at a break. And sprinkle in a little Bills history, ya mutt ya. 

Maddening. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Well, considering the 1988 Bengals did exactly that to get to the Super Bowl and that his first game as a color commentator was for NBC on Opening Day 1990 Bills/Colts it seems somewhat unlikely that the Bills impeded his personal path to the Super Bowl at all.

Maybe he just meant the Bengals in general...that's what I heard him say, and I was just supposing it would be a good reason for his anti-Bills bias.

I actually don't mind him as a commentator, as long as its not a Bills game.

6 minutes ago, Special K said:

Maybe he just meant the Bengals in general...that's what I heard him say, and I was just supposing it would be a good reason for his anti-Bills bias.

I actually don't mind him as a commentator, as long as its not a Bills game.

He drives me up a wall.  And since the Bills have only been on SNF twice since it went to NBC I think it's fair to say that it's him and not any oversensitive butthurtness on my part.

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo fans are extremely, extremely sensitive about media representation and attach too much meaning to media personality comments.

Collinsworth is probably on autopilot 95% of the time, and this is just another day of work, finding slightly different ways to say the same dozen or so things you can say during a football game. He's always going to be deferential, as most NFL media is, to the league's "true" powers -- which includes Jerry Jones and the Rooneys.

That clip of him talking about 14 year old girls IS INSANE 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mchammer said:

Al Michaels is a huge New England Patriots fan. That's why he looked so disgusted when talking about the Bills, and the playoffs. I hate watching this crew announce games. Everything is feel good puff piece.

Is it known that he’s a fan f the Pats? If so, I’ve lost respect for Michaels as Pats fans are suspect humans. 

10 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Let’s focus less on how annoying Collinsworth is and more on how we have earned the position to be featured on SNF. 

I recall Eagle fans wanting to kill Collinsworth after that super bowl broadcast, and they won!

Really ? I recall Collinsworth being hugely complimentary of Nick Foles and the Eagles coaches in that game. Then again, Eagles fans booed Santa lol 

3 hours ago, QB Bills said:

This thread is completely absurd. Collinsworth was drooling all over Tre for the whole game. He was very complimentary to Allen, pointing out how talented he is and that he just needs to work on the finer details  - even the most optimistic fan would agree to that. He spoke glowingly about Edmunds and Phillips on multiple occasions. He lauded McDermott and the staff. What more do you want?

It seems like many of you would only be happy if he also trashed Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, national broadcasts don't work like that. You're better off listening to the pompom-wearing analysis of Sal Capaccio if objectivity isn't your style.

So there is a bit of that on this board. He said plenty of nice things about the Bills but his actual analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of our team was wafer thin. I am a Collinsworth guy and I thought he came across under prepared. 

I love Collinsworth's insightful comment before the 3rd and 9 play where Allen throws the 14 yard TD to Kroft.  He said "I DON'T think you're gonna see the Bills being crazy aggressive...they love their defense, they would love a lead right now."

He was convinced they would settle for a FG.  Brilliant.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, QB Bills said:

100% agree 

21 hours ago, H2o said:

I must have said "***** you Collinsworth" or "Shut the ***** up Collinsworth" at least 400 times combined. My 14 year old asked, " How did he get this job?" :lol:

Your kid isn’t named Collinsworth, I hope. 

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I love Collinsworth's insightful comment before the 3rd and 9 play where Allen throws the 14 yard TD to Kroft.  He said "I DON'T think you're gonna see the Bills being crazy aggressive...they love their defense, they would love a lead right now."

He was convinced they would settle for a FG.  Brilliant.

to ne fair, I was thinking the same thing at the time, especially given the... ummmmm... “interesting” playcalling to end the first half and for most of the third quarter.

12 hours ago, Beach said:

he has said dumb things forever

WHAT THE ......?  "I like girls that that aren't too bright because you can trick 'em a little bit... high school girls love me...14 to 18 I'm a big star with them...after they're 18, they start figuring out wait a minute, I know there's better than that out there"

He was an NFL WR with the Bengals when that clip was cut.

I thought I couldn't like him less, but Hey!

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

He has to be the worst sports commentator ever. I couldn’t stand listen to his stupidity yesterday. I hope we never get a SNF game again.

I can not join your hope.  I hope we are on SNF every season because it will mean we are doing well.  I can mute ***** Cris Collinsworth

I admit to being shocked by the level of response here. The “talking heads” are background noise to me. Maybe I’m missing something, but the last time I was actually appalled was when Marshall Faulk said LT was our weakness, and Jason Peters still played for us as our only Pro Bowl player. 

I just don’t feel outrage over Collinsworth, or Cowherd, or anyone else. I do change my listening habits when I feel it’s appropriate, but that’s different. 

22 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Such homers on this board. Collinsworth was excellent as he almost always is.

De Gustibus and all that

22 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

He should learn how to say Dabolls name correctly. His analysis of blaming drops by receivers on Allen was a bit over the top.

Haha well, he was a WR himself once, so the habit of blaming drops on the QB is probably quite engrained

22 hours ago, klos63 said:

His critique of Allen was spot on. The good and the bad.

I disagree.  I didn't hear him say a good thing about Allen except that he has a big arm and can run, like a halfback.  He said he's inaccurate, he takes too much time, and critiqued his throwing mechanics and fumbling issues.  I didn't hear him praise pocket sense that had him sacked only once, progressions, the way he hung onto the ball when Watt punched him hard in the kidneys, the throws he made that were on-target and dropped, or zipped in there for good completions with good technique.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

De Gustibus and all that

Haha well, he was a WR himself once, so the habit of blaming drops on the QB is probably quite engrained

I disagree.  I didn't hear him say a good thing about Allen except that he has a big arm and can run, like a halfback.  He said he's inaccurate, he takes too much time, and critiqued his throwing mechanics and fumbling issues.  I didn't hear him praise pocket sense that had him sacked only once, progressions, the way he hung onto the ball when Watt punched him hard in the kidneys, the throws he made that were on-target and dropped, or zipped in there for good completions with good technique.

I definitely remember him complimenting his arm and technique on a few nice passes.

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Collinsworth annoys the ***** out of me..... but you can’t really blame him for not praising Josh Allen last night. Outside of one drive he was mostly meh. Hell, even his own coaches were afraid of letting him try and make a play several times throughout the game. 

I think you're mis-watching the game and misinterpreting the coaching decisions.

I linked it elsewhere but I'll put it here:  Kubiak at TBN does a very nice job assessing Allen's performance throughout each game, and he knows his QB stuff.  Allen was inconsistent, but it wasn't "just one drive and otherwise meh" it was mixed very good, and bad throws throughout the game.  Kubiak grades him highest in the first and fourth Q and worst in the 3Q (big surprise there)

I think his take on the very conservative play calling before the FG drive is correct and matches what Daboll said in his presser:

Credit Daboll with understanding how to win games. Daboll was mindful of the certainty of a tying field goal and conservatively ran the ball. Forcing throws in this situation following one of the Steelers' five turnovers could have turned the momentum of the game back to Pittsburgh. The Bills did the right thing, taking the three points rather than overzealously reaching for more.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, I will admit I muted him after a while, but I'm curious - any idea when?  I'd like to be fair so I'd go back and listen if you do

I fast forwarded thru most of the game today. I’m guessing in the 3rd quarter (maybe early 4th?) he was praising him for how terrific he could be when he gets his feet right and has proper mechanics. It was a very nice throw to the left sideline. BUT, again, I don’t pay too much attention to these guys unless I’m wondering what happened on a certain play. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you're mis-watching the game and misinterpreting the coaching decisions.

I linked it elsewhere but I'll put it here:  Kubiak at TBN does a very nice job assessing Allen's performance throughout each game, and he knows his QB stuff.  Allen was inconsistent, but it wasn't "just one drive and otherwise meh" it was mixed very good, and bad throws throughout the game.  Kubiak grades him highest in the first and fourth Q and worst in the 3Q (big surprise there)

I think his take on the very conservative play calling before the FG drive is correct and matches what Daboll said in his presser:

Credit Daboll with understanding how to win games. Daboll was mindful of the certainty of a tying field goal and conservatively ran the ball. Forcing throws in this situation following one of the Steelers' five turnovers could have turned the momentum of the game back to Pittsburgh. The Bills did the right thing, taking the three points rather than overzealously reaching for more.

Makes sense to me, and... it worked. Results are all that matter. 

Just glad gore wasn’t stupid on that trick play attempt and just pulled it down.  

23 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Such homers on this board. Collinsworth was excellent as he almost always is.

Lol this post has the most reactions of any I’ve seen on this board kudos for that haha I will say he annoyed me at times but when he spoke of josh Allen’s footwork and mechanics he was spot on correct so to me he’s a mixture of good and bad. I don’t expect every TV announcer to know every nuance and particular of every teams roster and especially given the bills game was flexed pretty late so I’ll cut him some slack in that way I mean I’ve heard worse that’s for sure

23 hours ago, klos63 said:

His critique of Allen was spot on. The good and the bad.

I agree I’m glad I wasn’t the only person that thought so 

• Like (+1) 1

The point of all this is the Steelers have been on SNF 33 times over the years. The bills just once. Everyone knows their history their story and all about Mike Tomlin and the terrible towels. What most football fans do not know is about the Buffalo Bills. So why not tell the Bills story. Who they are how they were built. Talk about Terry and Kim and Sean and Brandon. No one outside of Buffalo knows what has dramatically happened the last 3 years. Instead we’re getting a whole quarter of steelers and Rooney family history. Shame on the SNF football crew for not doing any homework on the Bills and explaining their story and who they are. I left the game knowing all about the steelers history and then the bills and Josh went into super hero mode. Why did it happen. Well maybe because Allen has the 2nd best QB rating in the NFL in the 4th QT at 114. The audience has no idea who these players are and how they mesh to form a great team. Such a disappointment and a lost opportunity to let the nation know what is going on with this team. 

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, I will admit I muted him after a while, but I'm curious - any idea when?  I'd like to be fair so I'd go back and listen if you do

I don't really remember , I believe it was a pass to Brown which zipped through 3 defenders, caught it on the sideline. He mentioned that allen had time, set himself and launched a rocket , maybe 20 yards.