Cris Collinsworth man

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

He sort of stated the reason for his anti-Bills bias when they were talking about the Super Bowl era Bills, and he said we had to beat the Bills to get to the Super Bowl when I played in Cincy, and we never could do it. That's got a lot to do with it IMO.

Early-onset CTE is a terrible thing.

He and the Bengals went 2-0 against the Bills in the playoffs: 1981 and 1988. He even scored the game-winning TD in 1981! Then Collinsworth retired the year before the Super Bowl Bills era began. And his Bengals were basement dwellers throughout the 90's.

I hope he gets the medical help he needs.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He talked about how John Brown has developed into a great receiver, how Edmunds has stepped up to the next level the last few weeks, how Tre White is maybe 2nd best CB in the league, how great our d is playing, what a well coached team this is.... I don't know what you where listening to.

The superlatives were heavily in favor of the Steelers, heavily.  I was keeping score at home.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

It was very clear he did zero homework on the Bills and generally went with the same propaganda most have gone with. Josh isn’t accurate that’s his issue. Wrs are too small. Buffalo has a very good defense blah blah blah. 

This. ZERO homework 

Just now, klos63 said:

He hasn't very often.

Nope and Collinsworth only harped on Allen. Everything he said was “true”, but Beasley could’ve made the tough catch, yet Collinsworth never mentioned anything towards Beasley.....He only spoke in reference to Allen on the interception. That’s where the OP is coming from. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Collingsworth Hate goes back to the 90s when he first started announcing. On one of his first Bills games he made some obvious anti Bills comments and the fans lashed out against him. It got back to him the next time he called a Bills game he even mentioned it. I cannot remember the exact games, but that is the foundation of the whole thing. 

Edited by thronethinker
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

Nope and Collinsworth only harped on Allen. Everything he said was “true”, but Beasley could’ve made the tough catch, yet Collinsworth never mentioned anything towards Beasley.....He only spoke in reference to Allen on the interception. That’s where the OP is coming from. 

So by not criticizing Allen and Beasley,  just Allen, he's biased against us? I don't get it. Sorry

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, chris heff said:

“This is where Duck Hodges is so good”, just before third interception.

I was just about to post this:

He harped on JA's perceived inaccuracy all night but said nothing about Hodges'.  Hodges doesn't throw long (that was a pretty good graphic about, what, 61 of his 80 throws were less than ten yards) because he's inaccurate and he throws looping softballs.  Washington does well with his throws because Washington gets open, not because Hodges zips lasers to him.  Where was the analysis on that?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

if during a game of this importance, you are keeping track of the commentators remarks to see a bias, yeah, it's pretty sad.

If you place such importance on any game that you lose sight of the important things in life like crushing your enemies and seeing them driven before you whilst listening to the lamentations of their women, then, you are the sad one.

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol classy.. Who sh** in your cornflakes? 

GTFO with the "Steelers are a better story" crap.  Anything in depth was Steelers except the Edmunds brothers stuff.  There are plenty of good stories about the Bills.  An almost entirely new roster in three years isn't on par with a team missing their rapey QB and crazy WR?

Even the fan stuff at the beginning was supposed to make us look scared of friggin Duck.

16 minutes ago, Special K said:

He sort of stated the reason for his anti-Bills bias when they were talking about the Super Bowl era Bills, and he said we had to beat the Bills to get to the Super Bowl when I played in Cincy, and we never could do it. That's got a lot to do with it IMO.

I could've sworn he said "we had to do it", which they did in '88.  I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually turned on the tv at 8:15 and said "Nice, Collinsworth is calling the game".  

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

GTFO with the "Steelers are a better story" crap.  Anything in depth was Steelers except the Edmunds brothers stuff.  There are plenty of good stories about the Bills.  An almost entirely new roster in three years isn't on par with a team missing their rapey QB and crazy WR?

Even the fan stuff at the beginning was supposed to make us look scared of friggin Duck.

A team starting 1-4 was it? With an UDFA putting them in contention for the playoffs? Defensive MVP of the league? 
Yeah sorry it’s a better story. 
Also keep in mind steeler fans watching the game on tv is probably triple the viewership of the bills because they have millions of bandwagon fans. 

34 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He talked about how John Brown has developed into a great receiver, how Edmunds has stepped up to the next level the last few weeks, how Tre White is maybe 2nd best CB in the league, how great our d is playing, what a well coached team this is.... I don't know what you where listening to.

I'm not a fan of his but have to admit he wasn't that bad with his analysis. Some fans are just too sensitive when they talk about Josh's short comings as a QB. He was complimentary on a lot of Bills players and their Defense. Josh throwing balls to high. Josh not having the greatest footwork. These are legitimate concerns but hey, he's also playoff bound with 2 games to go so.............

Edited by billsbackto81

Some of you can’t stand the fact that the media doesn’t give us the same ball washing they do for other teams and players. It grinds gears so much. 

I didn’t have a problem with Collinsworth and can’t think of a time when I did. 

If Allen ever becomes one of the elite QBs then you’re going to love all the praise he gets from the same people you say you can’t stand.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

It was very clear he did zero homework on the Bills and generally went with the same propaganda most have gone with. Josh isn’t accurate that’s his issue. Wrs are too small. Buffalo has a very good defense blah blah blah. 

He said once in a while he'll have throws like where he missed Beasley and we're going to have to live with that.  He's not wrong as we need a tall physical WR who can win 50/50 balls opposite Jon Brown next year.

18 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

He harped on JA's perceived inaccuracy all night but said nothing about Hodges'.  Hodges doesn't throw long (that was a pretty good graphic about, what, 61 of his 80 throws were less than ten yards) because he's inaccurate and he throws looping softballs.  Washington does well with his throws because Washington gets open, not because Hodges zips lasers to him.  Where was the analysis on that?

To be fair Hodges is probably never starting again after this season. He was a nice little story for a few weeks. No point breaking his game down you’ll never see him again barring some sort of miracle. 

Here is my problem on what the announcers were saying during this broadcast. The steelers are on national TV like 5 times a year. Everyone knows their story. They are the six time Super Bowl Champs. The Rooney Family ownership. The terrible towel. Their coach Mike Tomlin was on the TV screen more times than I could count. How about talking about the Bills Owners. The Bills coach and Josh Allen. I heard the Duck ? word so many times I wanted to vomit. Bills get one Sunday night game in like 15 years. But no NBC is just going to talk about everything Pittsburgh. Why not let other football fans find out about who the Bills are and what their all about. Just a disgusting decision to broadcast it that way. 

Edited by oldschoolfootball1963
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Hodges is an UDFA who is playing above any level he should be.  Allen is a first round draft pick.  First orund picks get more criticism and UDFA's get the feel good story approach.  

Collinsworth is a top 5 analyst probably second only to Romo.  Romo is the best by far. Then I would probably go with Daryl Johnston(hate Chris Myers though), Fouts, and either Archuleta or Jay Feely( he is rather good at game strategy).

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

He was fine.  Very complementary of Edmunds and Tre.  Talked about how talented Josh is and things he needs to work on.  The one overthrow to Beasley was 5 feet over his head; you expect him not to be critical of that one?

5’ over his head lmao I’m dead

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

A team starting 1-4 was it? With an UDFA putting them in contention for the playoffs? Defensive MVP of the league? 
Yeah sorry it’s a better story. 
Also keep in mind steeler fans watching the game on tv is probably triple the viewership of the bills because they have millions of bandwagon fans. 

They snuck back into the race with three narrow wins against the Bengals, Browns and Cardinals while the Colts and Raiders were imploding.  It's not really a great story honestly.  It's a good story.  Our's is good too.

IMO any broadcast should talk in detail about both teams.  One positive was that there were only a few barely relevant Tom Brady butt kisses from CC tonight.  Usually there are 100 or so.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

5’ over his head lmao I’m dead

He didn't mean the pick he meant the earlier one on the left and it was way over Beasley.  

Allen wasn't great tonight but he never panicked and they have a very solid D. IMO he is progressing well.